Car problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Car #1

I parked one of my cars on the side of the road on single yellows and it got clamped and towed. They said that they will sell or scrap the car after 28 days, unless I pay clamping costs, impound costs, storage costs and scrapage costs. If they sell the car, fees will be taken out of that.

Car #2

I had a parking ticket, which I thaught I paid for, and they clamped and took the car. How long can they keep it for before selling it?

Moved to Parking / Traffic offences forum

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Sorry, not enough info.

Who and What reason was your car (1) clamped/towed?

Who issued the parking ticket (car 2); private co or council? And who were 'they' who clamped/towed the car?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

Ok lets try and get through this step by step;

Was you parked on a public road and if so what was the parking restriction? You say it was a single yellow line so it would of had a plate showing the restriction. I don't know of being clamped for parking on a public road. When you say 'warden', do you maen a PCSO or a council enforcemant officer? Was your car taxed? If towing is required on a public road, this is normally arranged by either the police or the DVLA. I'm not aware of towing for a normal parking offence (unless it's in a tow away zone).

That covers my questions relating to car '1', as for car '2' you say it was for a council ticket or PCN. There is quite a long process from the ticket being issued to the car actually being towed so what happend? You say you 'thought' you had paid but surely you had reminders/warnings from bailiffs ect? As for how long can they keep it before selling, this would depend on the paperwork but I understand it's usually 28 days.

If you answer the above and give us some more history, we may be able to advise you what to do.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.