N-Power have upgraded me to a mansion!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

We moved into our new place about 6 months ago having lived in 2-3 bed homes for years and usually we pay around £300 towards our gas bill in 6 months over the winter (direct debit...about £49 per month) and get some back usually summertime due to overpaying.

We swapped to Npower when we moved in as it seemed like the best deal.

We have just had a new bill come in and on top of the £300 paid they say we owe another £400+.

I know we had one of the coldest winter on record but we are sensible and wear more layers so to avoid putting the heating on!

This has shocked me loads as I thought it would be in credit.

They same its calculated using readings not estimates.

The bill states that between 15/10/09 to 15/04/10 that we have used 16664 kWh.

The bill is really confusing.

I have read on a site that the averages are - Per annum....small house: 10,000 kWh; medium house: 20,500 kWh; and mansion: 28,000kWh.

This would take us into mansion and thats crazy!

Any help would be great as I have to ring them and need ammo!

Cheers,

Al

Does their estimate correspond with your actual meter reading? Other than that, all I can say is that (in my previous experience) N-Power tend to like direct debit payers to considerably overpay. I knew someone who had an account with them and they tried to put the payments up from around £40 to £91 pounds per month!!! Needless to say, the DD was cancelled...