Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Hi Andy    I will attach all the final documents here by Pdf I will make the amendments and do I need to post this by recorded delivery or can this be sent by email?
    • Couple of errors on your N244...not sure why you couldn't save a copy...move your mouse to the side and right click ...save as.   Dont complete anything in 6..my 30 mins was an error...as its requested without a hearing..   9a should be left blank (it states other than the claimant /defendant).   Staple the Draft order to the n244 along with the 2 letters of consent.   On the draft order remove the Amended particulars ..that was just for your benefit when you get to the next stage and the court asks you to resubmit amended particulars.Also there is an error in the amended particulars...should state " The leading Claimant " not The principle claimant.     No you cant represent anyone....but you will be in attendance as the main claimant...if necessary and if directed by the court your daughter can submit a statement in support of the claim in her absence.We can cross that bridge if and when necessary.   Assuming the application is successful the court will give an order for you to resubmit an amended particulars of claim...nothing else changes..the date of claim the value etc....only the claimants names and the particulars.   lastly dont forget to make payment ...the fee is £100...and also be aware that in making this application you may become liable for the defendants costs if your claim is not successful.   Andy
    • Well thats what I thought they'd done?   As you can see it was way over my head! Im sure the judge said he was a Barrister though? I'm totally confused. They didn't give me a name.   Out of interest, if they now allocate me a 3.5 hr slot, and a 2nd court date, have my court costs just shot through the roof? 😲
    • Although I broadly agree with that sentiment Jase, the 'conservative MP's have just defined themselves by almost all blocking a relatively small sum to feed hungry UK children Approx 125 million it cost to feed hungry children over 6 weeks I saw   So as a rough rule of thumb If we take 4 weeks of lockdown and 4 weeks of holidays until 'spring, you are talking about them refusing * less than sercos EXTRA profits from covid, * and FAR less than the cost of the failed collect 250 spit samples a day exercise   Despicable doesn't even start to describe them.      
  • Our picks

    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.
      We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.
      After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.
      It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.
      A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?
      After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.
      The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 
      You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.
        • Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.
      I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.
      As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.
      If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.
      They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.
      If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.
      The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.
      They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.
      Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks
        • Like

security fencing required, any in bradford that does it, i'm really scared

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3793 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I need security fencing in my back garden to keep intruders out, I would estimate between 40ft to 50ft is required, I have tried using the normal wooden fences but my next door neighbours used a chainsaw and cut down all my fence, the police won't take action as they say they need more proof like pictures or video.


My next door neighbours have caused my so much trouble, they were planning on breaking into my house but somehow another resident heard of it and alerted me just in time, I had to go next door and tell this what I heard, they fobbed me off saying they don't know anything


My only hope now is to use security fencing like palisade, does anyone know of anyone that fits this in bradford?


I am really scared for my life, as one of the men has just come out of prison for robbery and gbh and is on tag

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just check on yell.com for wrought iron companies, but beware 40-50ft of security fencing is going to cost you in the region of around £1 700 and then you may have to pay for the fitting on top of that. For that amount of work you will be able to shop around as companies will come far and wide for a job like that. Also look on ebay, this is something that my hubby used to do and sold loads of stuff on ebay, including fencing that he sometimes fitted, this way you can see how satisfied customers have been with the work. There is also the recommended service where customers recommend a company or workman for their work, but again they may hike the prices up by 10% or so as the recommended service charges them a percentage of the job.


Good luck with it, is there no way you can move?




A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw





Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

Link to post
Share on other sites

keep hammering the council with anonymous complaints letter and phone calls, they will eventually do something with this problem family, a friend of mine had a 'problem family' move into her street who caused a lot of trouble, they were evicted within 6 months after being on warnings ect.


good luck

Link to post
Share on other sites
keep hammering the council with anonymous complaints letter and phone calls, they will eventually do something with this problem family, a friend of mine had a 'problem family' move into her street who caused a lot of trouble, they were evicted within 6 months after being on warnings ect.


good luck


its a family full of men and teenagers who have another house somewhere nearby they are renting, one of them has just got out of prison for gbh and robbery and is on tag.


i'm from bradford, what departement in the council should i contact, i am scared to give my address as i know for a fact the nieghbours will vandalise my property and may very well break in when i'm at work


can you tell me what exatcly your friend did in terms of complaints and letters

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can call and report anti-social behaviour to Bradford Council on 01274 434165. I found it really hard to get that info from their website. There seemed to be no section on ASB.


Bradford Council are in partnership with the Police, etc for Safer Neighbourhoods and Respect campaign. You can find more info here

Bradford District Safter Communities Partnership

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who own the property? If the Council, you may not be permitted to modify the boundary fencing, but if worried of a break-in there are many battery powered cameras with pinhole lenses that record for hours to an SD card, and you only need to view the footage on your PC if there is an incident. Far less onvious, and a boon to proving to the police who has been in, but don't get paranoid - if you were broken into, they'd be the first suspects!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...