Disaplinary for facebook

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there,

I work for a national multidrop parcel company, i have worked ther for nearly 3 years, just lately a picture of a company van has surfaced around the networking site facebook, The picture has been defaced, by someone, I was tagged in the picture and so was about 800 other people who work for the company, The company tried to say that it was me that done the photo, but its clear it was done by someone else.

Now a couple of weeks later after recieving a written warning for having the picture i am being disaplined for gross misconduct, Now what i want to know does the company have the right to disapline me over a picture.

I did delete the picture from my profile, but someone had tagged me in it again, i have now got rid of it again, i have had to change all my login details because my account has been hacked into several times, i need help with this, so if there is anyone out that knows the answer then plz get back to me.

Hi fatboi20 and welcome to CAG.

I'm sorry to say that you have 'hijacked' madisnanny's thread.

Someone will be along to help soon, I'm sure, but in the meantime, click on the triangle at the bottom of the left hand [blue] side of your post and ask the site team to start a thread for you. That way, you will have answers to your particular problem and madisnanny can continue with her own queries.

We've had a couple of queries like this lately, have a read of the forum if you have time.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

The username of the person who posted the picture should be displayed with the picture. It is usually displayed below the photo on the right-hand side.

If this had your name against it, then either you did it yourself or you had left yourself logged into facebook and left it unattended and someone else did it or someone has learnt your login credentials to facebook.

hi there,

I work for a national multidrop parcel company, i have worked ther for nearly 3 years, just lately a picture of a company van has surfaced around the networking site facebook, The picture has been defaced, by someone, I was tagged in the picture and so was about 800 other people who work for the company, The company tried to say that it was me that done the photo, but its clear it was done by someone else.

Now a couple of weeks later after recieving a written warning for having the picture i am being disaplined for gross misconduct, Now what i want to know does the company have the right to disapline me over a picture.

I did delete the picture from my profile, but someone had tagged me in it again, i have now got rid of it again, i have had to change all my login details because my account has been hacked into several times, i need help with this, so if there is anyone out that knows the answer then plz get back to me.

(a) What evidence do they have to prove the above (in red)?

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

They have"nt got any proof wot so ever, yet they still gave me a written warning for being associated with the pic, now someone has now re tagged me in itand now they want to open the original investigation, i have explained that this was"nt my doing and i was simply tagged in the photo. I have contacted facebook about my account being hacked into and all they suggest is i change my security, for which i have done, but some one else has now hacked into, i dont where to go with this,

Hi,

Thanks for the information...

(a) How did your company come into contact with the picture?

(b) Is, or was, the picture depicting the company in a negative way, or offensive way?

© Do you have copies of the e-mails you sent to 'Facebook'?

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Hi guys. If this gets much more complicated, can I mention that our lovely colleagues on the IT forum have answered questions on stuff not all of us employment people, like myself, understand.

If and when you need them, fatboi, start a new thread on there and post a link to this thread in case they feel they can help.

HB

Hi rebel11. I do apologise, that question is far too technical for me.

I just meant that we've had a couple of threads recently where caggers have been accused of doing things with IT that have led to accusations or dismissal.

The last couple of times, they've been stars at explaining how someone could have or not have been on an inappropriate website, for example. Our OP has been accused of tagging something that he says he didn't and I for one don't have the knowledge to understand if someone else could have done it, say. But the last couple of times, the IT guys were great.

HB

honeybee

Are you talking about tracing IP's?

Tracing IP's is a very long winded and difficult process - and often is inconclusive.

I think your best defence will be to take a screenshot of the image, along with the associated fields showing who uploaded the image - normally in the bottom right of the image, it says ....

From the album: Consumer Action Group by Joe Bloggs

G