Been through grievance appeal, now what?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently had a grievance appeal meeting because I was unhappy with the outcome and the way the first meeting and investigation was conducted. While I feel the meeting was done in a professional way I still think there are many issues that weren't addressed including the harassment and bullying I was subjected to by a director of the company.

The outcome of the meeting was pretty much the same as the first and an illness I suffer with is still the focus of my employment and the company now want a "fit note" from my doctor despite the fact I haven't taken any time off sick.

So what do I do now? I feel raising a fresh grievance isn't an option because I will just be harassed again and continuing my employment is difficult because I just can't trust my employer after this situation.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Hi there. Is there an outcome from this that you would like? I think that could help us advise you.

This fit note idea seems a bit odd to me. Do they have someone like an OH person? That might be more appropriate, if reasonable adjustments need to be made for you, say.

You don't mention what your illness is, does it come under the DDA [Disability Discrimination Act]?

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks for the reply

Yes my illness (severe depression) is covered by the DDA. I really don't know if there is any outcome that could suit both me and my employer, I do feel that I can't continue my employment with them though. The whole situation has caused me to relapse and I'm now under the care of a hospital and back on medication.

I was also confused by the fit note. It states in the grievance appeal outcome letter that they want me to obtain a fit note from my doctor. I don't think my company has an OH person

Thanks for the reply

Yes my illness (severe depression) is covered by the DDA. I really don't know if there is any outcome that could suit both me and my employer, I do feel that I can't continue my employment with them though. The whole situation has caused me to relapse and I'm now under the care of a hospital and back on medication.

Well, let's worry about you more than them. What would you like to happen in your own best interests? Does the company have any pension plan or policy that would cover you financially if you became too ill to work?

I was also confused by the fit note. It states in the grievance appeal outcome letter that they want me to obtain a fit note from my doctor. I don't think my company has an OH person

As I said, I really don't know about this, but someone will. I know someone posted the other day to say that GP fitnotes have a box that can be ticked to suggest you be referred to an OH person.

You could check the directgov website on fit notes and see what they say about them.

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

There is a whole page of info here Holiday entitlements: the basics : Directgov - Employment.

What to do if you have problems

If you are not getting your full holiday entitlement, speak to your employer. If you have an employee representative (for example, a trade union official) you can ask for their help. Follow the procedures given in the article about sorting out work problems. If this does not help, you can complain to an Employment Tribunal (or Industrial Tribunal in Northern Ireland).

CB500

Any advise that is given, is from my experience, either in life in general or from my years of senior management in the hospitality and leisure industries. However, please take legal advise before taking any actions.

There is a whole page of info here Holiday entitlements: the basics : Directgov - Employment.

What to do if you have problems

If you are not getting your full holiday entitlement, speak to your employer. If you have an employee representative (for example, a trade union official) you can ask for their help. Follow the procedures given in the article about sorting out work problems. If this does not help, you can complain to an Employment Tribunal (or Industrial Tribunal in Northern Ireland).

CB500

Sorry, I am losing the plot a little, this was a response to another thread, no idea how it ended up here!!

Any advise that is given, is from my experience, either in life in general or from my years of senior management in the hospitality and leisure industries. However, please take legal advise before taking any actions.