Appeal went badly...!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had my redundancy appeal yesterday and it went really badly but in a way I am hoping it will work in my favour.

I stated that I thought that I had been unfairly dismissed as my job was still there.

The director admitted that he and '****' were involved in the redundancy process but that '****' was now doing my job so it had gone!

He admitted that there was no evidence that an assessment had taken place!

My union rep summed my case up by stating that I thought the process was flawed and hadn't been followed correctly and the director flew into a rage and told him to 'keep his mouth shut' and that I was a 'professional p**s taker' and then pretty much chucked us out of the office!

The minutes have come through from the note taker which confirm it all in black and white so I am sure this strengthens my case.

The note taker was a trainee solicitor from the company's solicitors so I am hoping they make some recommendation to the company for a compromise agreement before it goes to an ET.

Wow, this sounds unbelievable. I'm glad you have received the notes.

You need to right down the whole sequence of events, right from the start.

I'm sure someone will advise you further, but you do have options.

I had my redundancy appeal yesterday and it went really badly but in a way I am hoping it will work in my favour.

I stated that I thought that I had been unfairly dismissed as my job was still there.

The director admitted that he and '****' were involved in the redundancy process but that '****' was now doing my job so it had gone!

He admitted that there was no evidence that an assessment had taken place!

My union rep summed my case up by stating that I thought the process was flawed and hadn't been followed correctly and the director flew into a rage and told him to 'keep his mouth shut' and that I was a 'professional p**s taker' and then pretty much chucked us out of the office!

The minutes have come through from the note taker which confirm it all in black and white so I am sure this strengthens my case.

The note taker was a trainee solicitor from the company's solicitors so I am hoping they make some recommendation to the company for a compromise agreement before it goes to an ET.

In redundancy cases, either the place of work or the job disappear (if I may say...) and in your case, it is clear that neither have disappear...

It looks, to me, like a dismissal wrongly 'disguised' as a redundancy...

There is a strict and defined process to conduct 'redundancy' and as he admitted that none of it had been followed, you are in a strong position to negotiate a compromise agreement.

:grin:

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Exactly, for a redundancy to be genuine the work has to stop, for the director to not only admit my job is being done by someone else but state that this very same person was involved in the redundancy 'process' is unbelievable. They have left themselves wide open to an ET for unfair dismissal.

His outburst just goes to show how out of depth he was with the whole appeal process and that further strengthens my case I hope.

I have no idea what to expect in terms of compensation from an ET or a compromise agreement, some people have told me that I would only get £1000 which seems like a lot of hassle for nothing!

Hi,

Awards for unfair dismissal must be calculated by a professional as they encompass various factors... you should consult an employment law firm and ask for an initial consultation (generally free) to assess the merits of your case.

• Haha 1

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.