rogue mobile mechanic failed to fut wheel on correctly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

Had a problem with my classic mini - which was not driveable to get to a garage. I got a mobile mechanic out of yellow pages. He did job for a large and excessive fee, was paid cash and offered no receipt. He did not bother to take the car for a test drive after completing the work.

I took the car out and a few miles down the road, it started making a massive vibration. I therefore pulled over and called the mechanic straight up. He told me he would not be able to come ouf for another 4 days due to bank holiday weekend. I therefore called out the RAC to assist, who noted that the wheel was held on by just 2 wheel nuts, both of which were loose. it would appear that he has attached the wheel and not tightened the nuts on, and the vibration caused the missing teo to come off completely. The other ones would have followed closely had I continued and I would have lost my wheel! And being a classic mini quite possibly my life!!!!!

I tried to call him up again to discuss the matter, only to find that he has blocked calls from my number!!!!!

Clearly this is a case of negligence. But what can I do about this?

You get his name and address from the same yellowpages advert.

Did you get anything in writing from the RAC?

Does he have a website named in his advert? if so, what is it?