welcome/lewis group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, just joined these forums so forgive me i if i make any errors, im not going to cut a long story short because i want you to understand what has happened to me...... here goes.....

2004 i take out a £1000 emergency (to me) xmas loan with welcome, at the usual extortionate interest rates, over 24mths.

2005 august. i sustain a serious injury to my neck, not work related, and subsequently cannot work until the NHS have repaired me. i carry on with payments to welcome until my sick pay expires and i get laid of from my employment through unavailability for work.

2006 february. i can no longer afford the full payments on the loan so i attend a meeting at my local welcome office to arrange reduced payments until i can return to work, which i still havent done. the rate is set at £25 per month. i made every payment through direct debit not being late or failing at all.

2009 august/september. i recieve a letter from lewis debt recovery advising me that my welcome loan had been passed for collection and i must pay some £800+ remember my initial loan was only for £1000.

2009 october. i apply for a loan to clear this and i am refused point blankly, so i get my credit report from experian only to find that welcome have repeatedly scored against me since february 2006, effectively blacklisting me for the foreseeable, taking into consideration that i have never missed or been late on a payment wether or not it was a reduced amount. i contacted welcome who replied by saying the account was out of their hands, the lewis group simply say i must continue with the £25 repayments until it is paid.

2010 may/now. i am gong to be late with a payment this month as i simply cannot afford the £25, im still on incapacity benefit and its half term, my 6year old daughter is staying with me, thats why i cant afford the £25, i have borrowed from my parents in the past for xmas and other half terms, but its something i cant keep doing as they are pensioners on state pensions,i have contacted experian and asked them to help sort out my credit but they are of no use at all, £6.99 a month down the drain.

so.... any ideas how to sort out my damaged credit file? and reduce my payments even more as i simply cannot afford the £25 per month

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by wilko-ol-chap

hi yea i was tol d to claim on it, unfortunately i had a an underlying weakness in my cervical spine that pre existed my the commencement of my loan, which, when i sustained my injury, was unknown to me, a person with a "normal spine" wouldnt have sustained the damage that i did and there 'ent a spinal expert in the country that will argue with it, thanks for the offer tho :)

The PPi forum is HERE

There are a few here that have recently won their PPI claims dont be afraid to ask for help :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Exactly, that was the reason I asked about the PPI, if you had a pre-existing condition that prevented your PPI from being paid out the

(1) This should have been discussed at the point of the loan being taken, if they didn't ask then they missold.

(2) If you claimed and the PPi did not pay out then why wasn't it cancelled at that point, I bet it is still in place today so again a failure to Treat Customers Fairly.

Welcome are in the firing line from the FSA therefore a claim is moe likely to be successful, especially in the circumstances you have pointed out.

hi yea i was tol d to claim on it, unfortunately i had a an underlying weakness in my cervical spine that pre existed my the commencement of my loan, which, when i sustained my injury, was unknown to me, a person with a "normal spine" wouldnt have sustained the damage that i did and there 'ent a spinal expert in the country that will argue with it, thanks for the offer tho :)

Surely if you took out PPI any you couldn't pay it due to an injury then they should pay out - The problem with your spine was completely unknown to you at the time of taking out your PPI and only came to light once your injury was sustained. If you hadn't had the accident / injury, then i'm sure you would still be able to pay the loan today?!

Turk.

I agree with turk if the injury was pre existing but unknown there is no reason why PPI shouldnt have paid out

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Agree with Beyond and Turk but you can only complain to either Direct Group who will do nothing and are likely to do this as in their eyes the policy has lapsed or to Welcome who are virtually paying out all PPI missold claims, cannot put a claim in for misselling and for non payout at the same time as the two parties have to speak with each other and will let the other know about claims/complaints.

If you have claimed and the claims was turned down to a pre-existing condition then clearly the first part of your complaint is with Welcome who failed to ask sufficient medical questions to determine whether you had any pre medical conditions (However difficult to spot they don't ask anywhere near enough questions), the next part also due to Welcome is that once you claim was rejected, the PPI which is worthless (And poss other insurances too) so should have been cancelled. On the other hand Direct group are notoriousy sneaky and rarely pay out but they have lots of small print to use as a defence and as others have said, you may have a valid complaint against them but in this case I would suggest that you have a greater chance of success against Welcome.

thanks everyone, i am now in the process of contacting welcome about the ppi, and i am also filling out means tests reports to try and reduce the payments, thanks again for the advice, i will report back when i have some resolution and hopefully my experience will help others