• Tweets

• Thanks DX,    I will update if they outsource to another company or issue any of proceedings (unlikely I know)    cheers, 
    • go up on your UC log-in it should tell you if you are entitled to free prescriptions. if you are, then yes  and yes go get all your moneyback.    
    • I would expect revenue officers are quite aware of the time of day they are manning barriers. i'd also go as far as to say they don't bother to do this in off peak times... as there would be little point, no loss of revenue to protect.   they man the barriers at peak times, when people have purchased their permit to travel at a peak time travelled at a peak time arrived at their destination at a peak time.   thus they prevent: [loss of revenue] the traveller simply paying for an off peak fare when they just travelled in peak time [and most probably are a worker] getting an off peak return when they are travelling back home in peak time [worker returning home]     in other words ..fare dodgers.   your intended return was off-peak, but you didn't tell them.. we'll never know when your permit to travel was purchased nor if you travelled in peak time....but as from about post 5 i'll hedge my bets..   yes you are entitled as others may well be, to a refund because you were returning off peak but if you don't tell 'em…….   as for our experts , its either they are on holiday, which is none of our business or they sussed you out a longtime ago and don't want an argument here that they have 1000's of times in their regular work....   anyway  I've said all this from the start this thread is getting boring and repetitive.   dx ...    
    • @BankFodder and @BazzaS Thank you for your responses ~ I take on board all that you've said, and can only apologise again for all the narrative.   My nephew who's been [supposedly] dealing with this for over 6 months, unfortunately didn't have the experience and was consequently taken in by them and the way they 'operate', and he consequently let me down massively including through the Ombudsman this 2nd time: * 2nd Complaint with Ombudsman initially registered 11/04/2019 but, not registered properly until 15/04/2019 through their helpline (by this time my nephew, who was down as my rep for the Ombudsman, too, and the preferred contact, was away and out of the country until 07/05/2019, which was the day before the ombudsman's system had given for all evidence to be in). * Eventually after asking for and being granted 2 or 3 extensions all evidence had to be submitted by the 28/05/2019, though I was still able to keep adding evidence which would supposedly be taken into consideration (it wasn't...don't think any of it was, and it didn't take me long to work that one out!) via the messaging system. * On the BH Saturday (25/05/2019) during a phone session with my nephew in a last ditch attempt to try to get the evidence on the site, he ended-up really pushing my boundaries over this (I've finally had EMDR last year for all the trauma I've been through and that had finally kicked in)...I ended-up calling my nephew a patronizing [and might have used the F word!] prick and turning the phone off. Haven't spoken to him since, or the rest of my family, am only communicating with them through emails, texts and messenger on Facebook, and am intending to keep it that way until I'm god and ready. * The Ombudsman eventually issued his decision on 05/07/2019 (N.B. During this time he'd contacted me twice on the phone, thus bypassing my nephew's status as npower have been doing for years, including in the run-up to my lodging the latest complaint with the Ombudsman). * Npower appealed the decision on the 11/07 (the arrogance of that will strike you once I get the chance to upload the evidence I've been accumulating over the time my nephew has been 'dealing' with them and subsequently), I appealed the decision on the 18/07, which was the day before the final 14 days to appeal were up (N.B. During our 2nd converation, the Ombudsman had told me, whilst prefacing this with "I probably shouldn't be telling you this..." 🤪, that if I left it until the day before, I'd then have another 14 days whilst he considered the 'appeal' and then, even after that, I'd have recourse to appeal to his manager if I felt he'd got something wrong!!..........Yeh right! 🤬). * In the end he rejected both of our appeals and this is the basis of his response on the 01/08/2019, which he'd taken to be a relatively simple billing issue, along with my not having understood my bills and never having paid enough all along (NOPE!):- "Some of the bills are shown differently on the spreadsheets, but the information is the same. For example, on the first spreadsheet there is a bill of £3,032.40 on 4 October 2018. On the second spreadsheet there are three bills issued on 4 October 2018 for £677.33, £678.30, and £1,676.77. These three bills add up to £3,032.40. I appreciate that this can be confusing for customer’s, but this is something I did cover in my original decision. Whilst I acknowledge npower’s point that a manual bill will essentially contain the same information as the bills previously issued, it is the way in which the information is presented that is crucial to assisting the customer to understand their account better. After considering the appeals from you and npower, I can see no justifiable reason to change the decision, which I maintain is fair and reasonable for both parties, based on the evidence I have reviewed. I confirm that Ombudsman Services: Energy’s full and final decision is that npower should: • Issue a letter of apology. • Apply a credit of £120.00 to account 142309111 for the two failed appointments in 2015 in line with the terms of the Guaranteed Standards of Service. • Apply a goodwill gesture credit of £200.00 to account 142309111 in recognition of the shortfalls in service. • Provide the customer with a manual bill to show a clear breakdown of charges, payments, and credits on account 142309111 for the period from 19 February 2013 to 19 February 2019. We have now reached the end of our investigation process and there is no further opportunity to appeal. You now must decide if you agree to accept our decision in full and final settlement of the complaint."   * I haven't accepted it (why would I, when it's based on lies; npower breaching every SLC and Customer Obligation going with me; the GDPR and former DPA; fraudulently altering my data to fit in with their narrative; obfuscating, kicking-up a dust-storm, using bullying and harrasment every time they're challenged, all with the intention of trying to put the onus of responsibility for .managing. my account back onto me and save themselves coming under further scrutiny with Ofgem...though they're so far behind what has gone-on with this company over the years and/or they just don't want to unsettle their "Dear Stakeholders", especially with one of the Big 6; and all whilst I've been finally able to get the very damning evidence together against them?!). I'm about integrity and having a moral compass ~ everything this company isn't and lacks ~ and I will no longer compromise that for anything or anyone, particularly not this shower of 💩s in npower.   So yes @BazzaS I " a) want to take action" and furthermore, I believe I've got a very good case against them with your help.   Again thank you both for your support and I'll start on the bullet list over the week-end and also start uploading evidence (I've got rhemes of it on a USB stick, which I'm currently redacting the important ones of).   GM  
    • Hello.   I have received one of these penalty notices  for a prescription from several months ago.  I usually have a prepayment card but they're saying it may have expired, which it could have done.  Unfortunately, I can't find the card itself so I can't confirm.  I was going to pay the penalty on the grounds I may have carelessly let it expire but on the website for paying it says I may be entitled to free NHS prescriptions as I'm claiming Universal Credit.  I can't recall which elements but I suspect it's child tax credits and possibly something due to not high salary.   I'd never considered that I may be eligible but if this is true, then I may have been buying the prepayment card unnecessarily.  Which makes me wonder if I can avoid paying this fine because even though I ticked the box to say I have a prepayment card, which was technically not the case if it's expired, I may be eligible for free prescriptions.  Assuming I am, which I will try to determine next week for sure, do you think I can appeal the penalty based on the wrong box being ticked but ultimately it not be a fraudulent claim because I am entitled to them free anyway.   Does that make sense?  Your thoughts on the matter are all appreciated.
  • Our picks

meandbex

NO worries loans

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3268 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi for any one who is interested i got my money back from no worry loans to day it was put back on my card minus £5.00 which i can live with,i spoke to no worry laons in april for a loan,then changed my mind i called them and they said not to fill in the forms and send them back with a letter to say i do not want the loan,which i did,i waited no refund so called and was told it takes 30 days so waited,on the 54 day called and was told it's 30 working days,which i no is not true so went on to there T&C site and found the bit about you can have a refund after 30 days i faxed it to them with a letter to say they have broken the law and that i had been in contact with the FOS and a solicitor who will be taking legal action against them,i called on Tuesday and was told the money is going back on my card,yesterday no money,so sent another fax to say that all the calls i have made to them promiseing me my refund i had recorded so now i will forward these to my solicitor and the Fos,as by law they have to do what they promise when it is showing on there T&C site r face a huge fine,well as i said in my first line have got my refund,it's taken 2 months but better than some i have read on here,hope this help loads of you who are all in the same boat

i still have not heard anything at all from the FOS!

Tried No worries last week promised a call back which i did not get. Trying to get through to them as i type this!!!!!!!!!!

Hi this is suger read the page i added this morning it might help:)

Did you get your money refuned. I also have a charge today of £61.50 from loan-centre.net. I am furious. I have other bills to pay and the terms and conditions state the charge is £9.00 a month, slightly different to £61.50. They have no contact details which is infurriating, I have emailed and awaiting reply.

I have also had to cancel my card so no further payments can be taken, my car tax is due tomorrow so this is a real stress/inconvience.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY IS MY ADVICE!!!!!!:mad:

same thing asked for a loan in April 2010, debited my account without any approval-this company baseed at Tintern House, Cwnbran NP44 3AB gives you the "run-around" and I've never been able to speak to a so called Customer Service employee - sent two cancellation letters! all on first name basis the salespeople due to "data protection" they say they are a big company but they seem to know each others first names (smiles) other contact number is 0844 576 0207 which gets you through eager to get your debit card detail again as a potential new customer but when quoting your loan reference they confirm cancellation and then put you through to music and no one ever answers.. Small claims Court seems to be an option which I intend to try..Still haven't any replies or telephone calls - but I'll keep you informed think BBC1 R-Traders might be interested if we can get volumes of people.. What do you think? Another conatct is their fax 0844 856 9021

Edited by MrJamesKirk

well i finally got a call from NO Worries yesterday who have said that I must write to them to formally cancel the application in order to obtain my refund. I posted that last night to them so will wait and see if I get it within the 30 days deadline they state

As for the Loan Centre I cannot obtain an address for them, and after e-mailing them I got a reply asking why I wanted the address. I stated I wanted to write a letter to cancel my membership. They said I could not and I have heard nothing from them at all since last week after the email.

Anyone have an address for them?

PPI SUCCESS

Lloyds TSB £3874

Loans.co.uk (GE Finance) £1504.77

Name & Registered Office:

THE LOAN CENTRE LIMITED

39 WINTERBOURNE ROAD, HAYDON END

SWINDON

WILTSHIRE

SN25 1PZ

Company No. 05735381

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks for that.

I also found this address for them..

loan-centre.net

46 Alexandra Street, Southend, Essex

SS1 1BJ

PPI SUCCESS

Lloyds TSB £3874

The one I posted is their registered address with Companies House.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

what a monumental waste of time-absolutely getting no where. Have wrote to both companies on 21st July. I got a reply from No Worries on the 22nd july saying,-

The details of your complaint have been passed to this department for investigation. We place a great deal of importance on the level of service that is provided to our customers and every effort will be made to ensure that your complaint is dealt with quickly and profesionally.

The funny thing is,it wasnt a complaint but a letter of cancellation. I have called them and i am have been on hold 40 minutes now.

The loan-centre have also not called or wrote back to me at all. Not happy. Something really needs to be done about these companies.

I feel a drive coming on to the offices.

PPI SUCCESS

Lloyds TSB £3874

what a monumental waste of time. Have wrote to both No Worries and Loan Centre on 20th July. Had a reply back from No worries on 22nd july saying,

The details of your complaint have been passed to this department for investigation. We place a great deal of importance on the level of service that is provided to our customers and every effort will be made to ensure that your complaint is dealt with quickly and professionally.

Thing is it was not a complaint i made so therefore there is nothing to investigate-it was simply a letter to cancel the application after they told em to do so. Absolute joke. I have just called them and i have been put on hold and have been now for 45 minutes.

The loan centre have made no contact with me at all.

Financial ombudsman are a waste of time. Not happy. Something needs to be done about these companies.

I feel a road trip coming on to pay a personal visit.

PPI SUCCESS

Lloyds TSB £3874

Recieved a letter from No-Worries Loans yesterday............they are sending me a cheque for £74.95 8)

PPI SUCCESS

Lloyds TSB £3874

Hi,

I also applied for a loan with No worries loans on Thursday and they asked for my debit details I queried why they wanted them at this point and the lady over the telephone said it was just to verify that I have a valid bank account. I asked her that I hope it is not to take any fees out and she reassured me that it was for the reason she gave over the telephone. Today my card has been debited for £79.95 from no worries loans and because of this I am now over drawn in my account. I called them up and they hung up twice on me and I really do not know what to do, can any one advise me on what to do next?

Thanks.

Hi Albi_86,

Well, as you clearly did not authorise the transaction I would contact you bank and say dispute the transaction.

uteb.

albi, you just need to follow the process as i have from the information provided already. You MUST write to them asking to cancel your application and it MUST be by recorded delivery.

They then "investigate" the matter-but be warned its taken me months and there is no point calling as they purposely keep you on hold for over an hour or more

up to eyeballs- it troed that with my bank, but in their eyes i willingly gave them my card details so therefore it is no an unauthorised transaction

Edited by meandbex
sp

PPI SUCCESS

Lloyds TSB £3874