• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

NO worries loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi for any one who is interested i got my money back from no worry loans to day it was put back on my card minus £5.00 which i can live with,i spoke to no worry laons in april for a loan,then changed my mind i called them and they said not to fill in the forms and send them back with a letter to say i do not want the loan,which i did,i waited no refund so called and was told it takes 30 days so waited,on the 54 day called and was told it's 30 working days,which i no is not true so went on to there T&C site and found the bit about you can have a refund after 30 days i faxed it to them with a letter to say they have broken the law and that i had been in contact with the FOS and a solicitor who will be taking legal action against them,i called on Tuesday and was told the money is going back on my card,yesterday no money,so sent another fax to say that all the calls i have made to them promiseing me my refund i had recorded so now i will forward these to my solicitor and the Fos,as by law they have to do what they promise when it is showing on there T&C site r face a huge fine,well as i said in my first line have got my refund,it's taken 2 months but better than some i have read on here,hope this help loads of you who are all in the same boat

i still have not heard anything at all from the FOS!

Tried No worries last week promised a call back which i did not get. Trying to get through to them as i type this!!!!!!!!!!

Hi this is suger read the page i added this morning it might help:)

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get your money refuned. I also have a charge today of £61.50 from loan-centre.net. I am furious. I have other bills to pay and the terms and conditions state the charge is £9.00 a month, slightly different to £61.50. They have no contact details which is infurriating, I have emailed and awaiting reply.

I have also had to cancel my card so no further payments can be taken, my car tax is due tomorrow so this is a real stress/inconvience.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY IS MY ADVICE!!!!!!:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

same thing asked for a loan in April 2010, debited my account without any approval-this company baseed at Tintern House, Cwnbran NP44 3AB gives you the "run-around" and I've never been able to speak to a so called Customer Service employee - sent two cancellation letters! all on first name basis the salespeople due to "data protection" they say they are a big company but they seem to know each others first names (smiles) other contact number is 0844 576 0207 which gets you through eager to get your debit card detail again as a potential new customer but when quoting your loan reference they confirm cancellation and then put you through to music and no one ever answers.. Small claims Court seems to be an option which I intend to try..Still haven't any replies or telephone calls - but I'll keep you informed think BBC1 R-Traders might be interested if we can get volumes of people.. What do you think? Another conatct is their fax 0844 856 9021

Edited by MrJamesKirk

well i finally got a call from NO Worries yesterday who have said that I must write to them to formally cancel the application in order to obtain my refund. I posted that last night to them so will wait and see if I get it within the 30 days deadline they state

As for the Loan Centre I cannot obtain an address for them, and after e-mailing them I got a reply asking why I wanted the address. I stated I wanted to write a letter to cancel my membership. They said I could not and I have heard nothing from them at all since last week after the email.

Anyone have an address for them?

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2011 - Loans.co.uk (GE Finance) £1504.77

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

2019 - Citicard - £1071.31

Thanks for that.

I also found this address for them..

loan-centre.net

46 Alexandra Street, Southend, Essex

SS1 1BJ

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

• 3 weeks later...

what a monumental waste of time-absolutely getting no where. Have wrote to both companies on 21st July. I got a reply from No Worries on the 22nd july saying,-

The details of your complaint have been passed to this department for investigation. We place a great deal of importance on the level of service that is provided to our customers and every effort will be made to ensure that your complaint is dealt with quickly and profesionally.

The funny thing is,it wasnt a complaint but a letter of cancellation. I have called them and i am have been on hold 40 minutes now.

The loan-centre have also not called or wrote back to me at all. Not happy. Something really needs to be done about these companies.

I feel a drive coming on to the offices.

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

what a monumental waste of time. Have wrote to both No Worries and Loan Centre on 20th July. Had a reply back from No worries on 22nd july saying,

The details of your complaint have been passed to this department for investigation. We place a great deal of importance on the level of service that is provided to our customers and every effort will be made to ensure that your complaint is dealt with quickly and professionally.

Thing is it was not a complaint i made so therefore there is nothing to investigate-it was simply a letter to cancel the application after they told em to do so. Absolute joke. I have just called them and i have been put on hold and have been now for 45 minutes.

The loan centre have made no contact with me at all.

Financial ombudsman are a waste of time. Not happy. Something needs to be done about these companies.

I feel a road trip coming on to pay a personal visit.

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

• 4 weeks later...

Recieved a letter from No-Worries Loans yesterday............they are sending me a cheque for £74.95 8)

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

Hi,

I also applied for a loan with No worries loans on Thursday and they asked for my debit details I queried why they wanted them at this point and the lady over the telephone said it was just to verify that I have a valid bank account. I asked her that I hope it is not to take any fees out and she reassured me that it was for the reason she gave over the telephone. Today my card has been debited for £79.95 from no worries loans and because of this I am now over drawn in my account. I called them up and they hung up twice on me and I really do not know what to do, can any one advise me on what to do next?

Thanks.

albi, you just need to follow the process as i have from the information provided already. You MUST write to them asking to cancel your application and it MUST be by recorded delivery.

They then "investigate" the matter-but be warned its taken me months and there is no point calling as they purposely keep you on hold for over an hour or more

up to eyeballs- it troed that with my bank, but in their eyes i willingly gave them my card details so therefore it is no an unauthorised transaction

Edited by meandbex
sp

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327