• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

NO worries loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am not happy that money has been taken out of my account £79.95 today. I made an enquiry last week regarding a loan to which the girl wanted my debit details. I asked why and she said it was to prove where I lived.

A week later I got a call saying if I wanted to go ahaead and I said no. She asked why and I said I no longer needed the loan and I wasn’t happy to pay the £80 fee.

She asked me to hold as she would put me through to a department whereby I wouldn’t have to pay the fee. I explained again that I no longer wanted to a loan. Today I find out that my account has been debited and I now cannot pay my mortage which is under a suspended suspension order.

I called No worries today and was told that it will be Tuesday until someone from accounts will be in, and that it will be 72 hours to listen to the call.

Absolute tossers- does anyone know what i can do? Report it to the police? my bank?

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2011 - Loans.co.uk (GE Finance) £1504.77

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

2019 - Citicard - £1071.31

i just called them and they say they have no power to do this and the money was cleared yesterday afternoon. She said that beacuse i gave them my details i have technically given them permission

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

i will call them again

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

If you don't get any sense from them contact BACS

Contact Bacs via the Helpline number: 0870 049 2717 (please note that this is a national rate number and calls will be charged at standard operator tariffs, the Helpline is available 9.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays). Before calling, please ensure that you have all the relevant details at hand, including your bank account details and full dates and details of all communications with the bank and company with whom the Direct Debit was raised. We will then investigate on your behalf, via internal banking channels, responding to you within 48 hours.

Your bank or building society is key to resolving any Direct Debit issue. As part of the Direct Debit scheme they are bound by the Direct Debit Guarantee. Under the Guarantee it is up to them to resolve any issues that you have over a Direct Debit and also to repay any money owed to you as a result of a Direct Debit problem.
Linky
  • Haha 1

I would write the same letter to FOS or speak to them on tuesday . they will listen to you and fill an application on the phone and will give you you ref no. You will get your money back as soon as they fax the document to your loan company. Its happened to me and i got my money back into my account within a week. So bear in mind you will still have the short fall for your mortgage unless you can send them the same.

I am not happy that money has been taken out of my account £79.95 today. I made an enquiry last week regarding a loan to which the girl wanted my debit details. I asked why and she said it was to prove where I lived.

A week later I got a call saying if I wanted to go ahaead and I said no. She asked why and I said I no longer needed the loan and I wasn’t happy to pay the £80 fee.

She asked me to hold as she would put me through to a department whereby I wouldn’t have to pay the fee. I explained again that I no longer wanted to a loan. Today I find out that my account has been debited and I now cannot pay my mortage which is under a suspended suspension order.

I called No worries today and was told that it will be Tuesday until someone from accounts will be in, and that it will be 72 hours to listen to the call.

Absolute tossers- does anyone know what i can do? Report it to the police? my bank?

Its God's gift Please Save The Earth.

If you had ever been helped by this site and satisfied than by Donating This site is just simply helping others too, who are really in need. Please make a donation.

Helping someone in need is God,s blessing

called No worries again no joy

Called Bacs helpline who said i need to call bank again

Called bank but they cannot help over the phone and have to go in personally :mad:

BUT, checked my statement today and I have also had a FURTHER £67.50 taken out of my account by a company called THE LOAN CENTRE :mad:

I do not know who these are and cannot find anything online about them.Anyone know who they are?

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

The Loan Centre Ltd according to this;

Company Name: THE LOAN CENTRE LIMITED

Print Report

Previous Name(s): NO PREVIOUS NAME HAS BEEN RECORDED DURING THE LAST 20 YEARS

Registered Number: 05735381

Registered Office: 39 WINTERBOURNE ROAD, HAYDON END

SWINDON

WILTSHIRE

SN25 1PZ

Incorporation Date: 08/03/2006

Country Of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Accounting Reference Date: 31/03

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/03/2009

Next Accounts Due: 31/12/2010

Last Annual Return: 08/03/2010

Next Annual Return Due: 05/04/2011

Company Status: Active

Type of Accounts: DORMANT Accounts

Nature Of Business: 6523 - Other financial intermediation

Filing History

06/04/2010 08/03/10 FULL LIST

06/04/10 STATEMENT OF CAPITAL;GBP 100

06/04/2010 APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, SECRETARY EVA ROGNER

06/04/2010 DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / MAUD MARIE ELISABETH HARTWELL / 02/10/2009

30/01/2010 ACCOUNTS OF DORMANT COMPANY MADE UP TO 31/03/09

12/03/2009 RETURN MADE UP TO 08/03/09; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

26/01/2009 ACCOUNTS OF DORMANT COMPANY MADE UP TO 31/03/08

16/04/2008 RETURN MADE UP TO 08/03/08; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

13/09/2007 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 13/09/07 FROM:

G OFFICE CHANGED 13/09/07

THE SOUTHWEST BUSINESS CENTRE

LTD QUEENS GATE HOUSE

48 QUEEN STREET EXETER

DEVON EX4 3SR

11/09/2007 RETURN MADE UP TO 08/03/07; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

11/09/2007 DIRECTOR'S PARTICULARS CHANGED

02/06/2007 ACCOUNTS OF DORMANT COMPANY MADE UP TO 31/03/07

02/06/2007 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 02/06/07 FROM:

G OFFICE CHANGED 02/06/07

14 EVEGATE BUSINESS CENTRE

STATION ROAD

SMEETH, ASHFORD

KENT TN25 6SX

08/03/2006 INCORPORATION DOCUMENTS

CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION

STATEMENT OF DIRECTORS & REGISTERED OFFICE

DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE

MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION

ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION

Mortgage Data

NONE

Report Generated 01/06/2010

Have you been in touch with FOS yet?

cheers-i have not yet contacted FOS

I have been into my bank to do a direct debit indemnity claim. The bank cannot or wil not do anything as it was not a direct debit but a debit card transaction which according to them i gave out willingly.

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

FOS is the only way out when you explain your situation and complaint as in #1 in my MHO

If you had ever been helped by this site and satisfied than by Donating This site is just simply helping others too, who are really in need. Please make a donation.

gonna contact em tomorrow :)

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

contacted FOS this morning.Really helpful they was. Took all the details down and emailing me with complaint form. Once recieved they will contactthe companies concerned.

Andy01 thanks for your advice

Will update thread when i hear anything or resolved actions.

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

This is a shocking story....please make sure you report them to trading standards and the OFT. If it was me I would write to the MD giving them 7 days to refund your money + an indemnity award or you would take them to court...

You should complaint this to FOS, like Meandbex did, too it doesn't matter how old is your claim as long as you have all the details to give. You got nothing to loose.

You should complaint this to FOS, like Meandbex did, too it doesn't matter how old is your claim as long as you have all the details to give. You got nothing to loose.

Complaint in post tonight. These guys need to be shut down. :mad:

I've been caught by The Loan Centre too for £67.50.

Basically they do nothing but give you links to companies that will not lend to you.

No phone number on the website, email form gets no response.

Hi Pal, when i found there site and applied it was not clear to me at all that i would be charged for joining there website.In fact thats what threw me when i saw my statement as i did not recognise the company but only afterwards when i looked on the internet

As the guys above have said, complain to the FOS. Really helpful they are. I have taken screen shots of their website and sent them to the FOS-their website states "no upfront fees"

In fact there is nothing, that says a fee of £67.50 will be taken.

their email address is

[email protected]

loancentre2.png

loancentre.png

Edited by meandbex

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

Hi Meandbex,

Complaint already in!

The guy behind this, David Van Praagh, also appears to run Easyborrow Ltd.

So, be careful folks.

uteb

Edited by uptoeyeballs
Removed link to his site, in case it helps him

Hi M you can print these pages in colour and attach with your complaint. Company like these needs to be confronted and shut down for ever. Now wonder elderly and desparte people looking for help by borrowing but end up with more problems. Go all the way and make complaint to every financial aouthority.

• 2 weeks later...

i still have not heard anything at all from the FOS!

Tried No worries last week promised a call back which i did not get. Trying to get through to them as i type this!!!!!!!!!!

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

after being on hold for 55 minutes I spoke to a supervisor who said that according to the transcripts i approved authorisation for the money to be taken out!!!!!!!!! Lying prats!

I asked how on earth had i given permission for my account to be debited, and she replied when you gave your card details of which i stated that you requested that in order to prove my identity.

They said if i wanted a printed out copy of the call then I must pay a fee of £10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. They then said that i had to write in if i wanted to cancel the application and have my money returned!!!!

Idiots they really really are and i am fuming.

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

You make a formal request for the money back...do it in writing and send recorded delivery, if they fail to return it within 7 days, then take a case out with the FOS....bear in mind that the FOS charge them £450 just to investigate the case.....