seen off by vauxhall dealership servicing?

tinow

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an 8 yr old vectra. Full service history, major services before long journey, properly looked after etc. In Feb the car started to become very sluggish, reckoned it had something to do with the sparks so took it into the local dealership to be serviced. The replaced the sparks and coil £180- 2 weeks later the immobiliser went (aparently) they chaged for investigations only to find the battery in the key had gone. £180

9 days later I had a steering fluid leak £180- due to the jubilee clip cutting the steering fluid pipe. I had the steering rack changed in 2008, no leaks, no services picked up on slow leaks and the second I got home from the coil replacement the next day there was a pool of steering fluid.

Took it back to vauxhall and they fixed the leak by replacing the pipe. Next thing the brake pads were flagged and the brake pipes were 'badly corroded' both pads and pipe were replaced. £395. Massive knocking noise - but I was on holiday so I couldnt take it in for repairs

MOT'd the car today (i told them to check outthe knocking)- its failed because the brake pipes are 'badly corroded' despite vauxhall charging me to have them replaced. The MOT guy said they had merely been greased to hide the corrosion.

I took the car to vauxhall, they charged me a 'goodwill fee' of £108 instead of the £180 to replace the pipes. However the job only took 2.5 hours, despite the MOT guy saying to should take 4-5hours. They told me vauxhall have 'clipped the pipes to the underside of the car' yet the pipes were right inside the underside of the car.

theyve promised to look into the knocking noise stating it may be the anti-roll cage and since they were the last ones in the car theyd fix it. But it looks like Im gona get charged for it.

What can I do - when I tried to complain about the steering fluid pipe and how it could just 'suddenly leak' I was given a 15 minute introduction to the uses of jubilee clips and the complaint today was a nightmare. They completely didnt understand why I was angry. I asked how they had charged me to do the repairs and it was complete waffle coming formt he manager.

where do I stand on this thing, I genuinely think vauxhall have made the work for themselves and form what the MOT guy said he would be concerned with allowing them to do any further repairs on the car. Ive spent nearly £900 in 112 days on a car that was maybe 95% before they got it. Now its knocking, rattling, sluggish and always showing the engine warning light.

If the dealer charged you for replacing brake pipes that then failed the MOT for corrosion then they did not do the job. Unfortunately, they now have the "evidence" Even so, as you have the MOT failure and hopefully an invoice stating brake pipes were changed, it is probably worth discussing the matter with trading standards.

The car is 8 years old and rubber pipes will perish and start to leak.

It is well worth asking to see the service schedule. If this states that the battery in the remote should be changed as part of a service and it has not been event though you may have been charged for a "service to manufacturers specifications" then you may have a claim.

Best bet is to go into bat with the brake pipe issue as you have some documentation.