gatso-ed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just curious

Was flashed today - fortunately I was doing the speed limit and going in the opposite direction to the way the fixed camera was operating and there was no traffic coming the other way past it

Anyone else had this happen - is it a common fault

You Cant Be Prosecuted By A Gatso Flash On The Other Side Of The Road.

Its Illegal To Flash You Head On

Now If Its A Travello Camera, 2 Lenses (red) Thats A Different Story

Thats An Infer Red Flash

Thats An Infer Red Flash

Definately a Gatso and I was definately on the wrong side of the road for it to get me and was definately on the speed limit (30) - will report it as faulty as it is dangerous to have a camera flashing head on. It is not moveable to point in the way I was going anyway and I was on a clear road and not overtaking anything so I wonder if it has been 'got at' and bent slightly out of position by an irate driver :D

Was just curious if this is a common problem with the things

Correct

Not quite. As far as the standard roadside Gatso is concerned it is not type approved for approaching traffic. The reason it activated in this case was probably because of a spurious radar reflection or a vehicle being driven in the opposite direction exceeding the limit. If it was actually an offence to flash you head-on then presumably the Truvelo would have to be completely set aside? (See below).

Thats An Infer Red Flash

A Truvelo camera appears to have two lenses only one of which is fitted with a magenta filter. The other is the camera. The filter is used to reduce the effect of the flash on the eye as it is type approved for approaching traffic and thus "flashes" you head-on. Whilst the flash may have some infra-red effect it is most certainly a flash in the visual range.