leisure park clampers...are these signs illegal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is a thread about this company here on Pepipoo:-

Clamping Stevenage Leisure Park

But if you look at one posting you will find this:-

I've just checked with Jones Lang LaSalle and they have confirmed that they are the agents for Stevenage Leisure Park. They also mentioned that the company that clamped me have been fired. (dated the tenth of this month)

So that sign needs to come down.

Edited by DBC

Nice! thanks everyone.....the signs are still there, just wondering how many people have been defrauded by these crooks, going to get something started in the local paper!

Was sat there the other day and saw one of the signs and it made me mad!!!!!!!

I suspect the notices are in breach of CPUT. Local TS might be able to help there.

From a point of view of clamping/towing they would probably meet the requirements for signage, providing they can be seen when you enter the car park and/or at anywhere where you can park.

That said it would be interesting to see what a court made of the t&cs. I don't beleive a clamper would have sufficient rights to the land for the contract element.

There is also the question of damages. Damages are supposed to put the wronged party in the position that they were in had the breach, in this case trespass, not occurred.

I would argue that £125 in an otherwise free car park is way above the scale.

If it were me, I would be sueing the clamper and the landowner jointly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 4 weeks later...