Regal Credit Message left on phone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

After some advice, I hope you can help.

I would like to explain my circumstances first, many years ago I had gambling issues which thankfully i am now over. However i took a £10,000 unsecured loan with tesco finance. At the height of my gambling i stopped paying or put it simply starting using the money to cover the loan to cover my terible habit. I started to receive letters asking for payment but i simply didn't respond as they where asking for the amount in full and just tried to shy away from it, I know now that wasn't the way to go. I have now been slowly getting back on top of my finances paying credit cards and everything else. However i didn't address this issue.

Today i had a meassage saying contact them or they will send a collector round to my house they also left a ref no. I have just checked the ref no on regal credits website and the amount outstanding is £5100.00. I want to address this but i really don't know how to approach this with regal as i am really scared about it all, especially after reading how they treat debitors.

I know its all self inflicted and i shouldn't have left but thats in the past and i now need to move forward.

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and Welcome, Rolldown.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi there

I am no expert on this but maybe you can come to a suitable/affordable arrangement with the bank itself and contact in email to the company that you are actually dealing with this matter direct.

It may hold them off for a while, but if a plan is put into action, this should hopefully stop them chasing you.

Have the company an email address, if so email them tonight?

Did they also give you a ref number? then if so make sure you apply that to your email as well.

Good luck.;)

Found these details here.....

Telephone: +44 (0) 1276 470500

Fax: +44 (0) 1276 470503

Regal House

High Street

BAGSHOTbuilding.jpg

Surrey

GU19 5AA

And more here:

Regal Credit Consultants Limited

Regal Credit Consultants Limited

Address:

Regal House

High Street

Bagshot

Surrey

GU19 5AA

Email:: [email protected]

Phone:: 01276 470500

Fax:: 01276 470503

Website link: Regal Credit Consultants Limited

Contact Person: John Bisset

Business Details:

Regal Credit is a respected Tracing and Debt Recovery agency with over 20 years experience in providing consistently high levels of service and performance to its clients.

From its modern office building in Bagshot, Surrey, Managing Director Ray Spiteri and his team of managers and staff set out to exceed expectations. Our focus and size enables us to provide support from a highly qualified and experienced senior team, placing Regal Credit at the forefront when selecting Tracing and Debt Recovery agents.

Thanks for your help been doing some research, now from what i have read. The best advice is not speak over the phone to these people do it all via mail. It was basically a text message sent to the telephone which relayed back to a mmobile number. This has been constantly been switched off. I'm slightly concerned that i have never had a letter from these people to advise that they are currently chasing this debt so I don't know whether I should deal with them or go straight to the loan company.

Thanks for your help been doing some research, now from what i have read. The best advice is not speak over the phone to these people do it all via mail. It was basically a text message sent to the telephone which relayed back to a mmobile number. This has been constantly been switched off. I'm slightly concerned that i have never had a letter from these people to advise that they are currently chasing this debt so I don't know whether I should deal with them or go straight to the loan company.

Hi and your welcome

That is correct, never to correspond on the telephone to these companies.

I would contact your bank/loan company as soon as you can tomorrow, and also tell them your not happy with the way this have been dealt with, where you would have preferred to have received a letter from them direct before receiving threatening letters from these organisations.

You could email that Regal company and just tell them you are currently dealing with this matter direct with the loan business.

Good luck.;)

A point to note here is that they are obliged to inform you in writing before they take any form of action regarding the claimed debt.

They should send you what is regarded as a letter of intent/instruction, which should outline their position in regards to the OC and what their intentions are. They are then not allowed to contact you for a period of 7 days in any way shape or form.

It sounds to me that you have not received this letter? or that hey have not sent it?

Should i write to this company or should i wait till i receive a letter from them? Also regarding the collector coming round, are they allowed to take anything from the house even though the loan is unsecured. I have not been to court regarding this and its not y house its my parents will they take any of there possesions?

Should i write to this company or should i wait till i receive a letter from them? Also regarding the collector coming round, are they allowed to take anything from the house even though the loan is unsecured. I have not been to court regarding this and its not y house its my parents will they take any of there possesions?

It is your choice on if you wish to contact them by writing a letter. From my understanding of the matter they have referred your accused debt to a collector without contacting you first? If so i would do as di0430 has suggested and contact the bank or loan provider first. Ask them for the details regarding the debt they hold on you including the original CCA (there are people on this forum who will help regarding that) Informing Regal that you are doing so, and in essence the debt is therefore in dispute.

A collection agent is in effect a representative of the DCA. They cannot remove goods from your home unless as stated there is a CCJ against you which has remained unpaid. Even then as stated it would be a long long time until it reaches this scenario. In addition unless the collection agent is a qualified bailiff or sheriff then they cannot legally remove goods anyway. In conclusion a collection agent has no powers.

Wait until Regal write to you first before contacting them, ALL contact should be in writing/email only, do not speak to them over the phone EVER.

Nothing is going to happen overnight, no bailiffs will call, you won't go to Jail, the most you will get is a tin pot DCA knocking on your door requesting money, which is easily dealt with by closing the door in their face.

You WANT EVERYTHING in writing, this will be your paper trail of evidence, if a doorstep collector knocks your door, bear in mind they have no more legal powers to take money from you, than I would if I knocked on your door.

Print a copy of this letter off and keep it by your front door, 'IF' they are foolish enough to send someone to your property.

If you do receive a doorstep visit we give these suggestions to Members.

Give them the template letter linked below through the letterbox or chained door.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...ep-visit-.html

Tell them to leave as you have nothing to discuss and all communication must be in writing.

Tell them you will call the police if they don't leave immediately.

Remain calm and polite at all times.

Walk away from the door so the visitor cannot try and talk to you.

If they don't leave, call the police to report that you are being harassed and the visitor refuses to leave.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-.html

Once Regal contact you by letter, the first letter to send them, as you are aware of this debt would be to request the CCA,http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

Send everything via recorded delivery so you know they have received your letters, and keep a print out of their receipt for evidence.

In the meantime, have a good read about the site and you will begin to see, that as much as these companies like to make us believe that being in debt is a case of life or death, it really isn't, it's just a part of life unfortunately, and for these greedy beggars it is fundamental to their sad shallow lives!

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!