Car towed away from private land

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have had my car towed away. I live next door to my GP and they have a car park which I use on a weekend when the surgury is closed, Unfortunatley I left my car there on Sunday evening and forgot to move it by Monday morning and by 11am it was towed away by a private tow firm and a letter pushed through my door expalining where it had been towed away to and how much it would cost, I have paid the fee £133 plus VAT as i needed the car for work and when i paid wrote paid under protest.

I don't know if they had the right to tow my car away, There are signs saying private parking for patients only but that's it and I have been told off once before in Nov last year for leaving it there on Monday morning.

So my question is does there have to be warning signs saying that cars will be towed or clamped, I have asked if they have a parking policy but they have none

Thanks

The only signs are dispalyed are that it's a private car park for patients only. I will dig out the removal firms name it escapes me at the moment. they are based in Longbridge Birmingham

There should be signs warning of clamping/towing in operation. Otherwise you will have a case to recover your money.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

Hi Custad

Both Towing & Clamping are forms of distress feasant, that is holding your property until damages have been paid.

Please have a read of the clamping guide which you will find at the top of the forum. It will give all the relevant background as well as the remedies youi can use.

As others have told you they should have signs etc. Make sure you get photos.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------