You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3660 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Folks

I am yet another victim of this corrupt ATOS examination , I have appealed and waited 7 months for my hearing which is set for 20/7/10.

Having my benefit stopped as caused me no end of trouble , i.e mortgage problems , baliffs , non payment of utility bills etc and had a perfectly good credit history destroyed.

I have now got a solicitor to represent me at the hearing in July and hope to bring this **** to its knees for what they really are ! CORRUPT

Judging by this forum is it not about time we organised a mass petition and presented ourselves outside No 10 Downing Street as clearly alot of innocent people are suffering unfairly.

I have wrote to ATOS and the chief executive in London to complain and just got dead end responses in return.

Are we interested in beating this **** or are we just going to moan and bitch individually and get nothing done , we need to get together folks strength in numbers.

What about a facebook group or mass petition , anyone's suggestions and help is welcome.

LETS GET TOGETHER PEOPLE TO FIGHT THIS !! :-x

Hi Folks

I am yet another victim of this corrupt ATOS examination , I have appealed and waited 7 months for my hearing which is set for 20/7/10.

Having my benefit stopped as caused me no end of trouble , i.e mortgage problems , baliffs , non payment of utility bills etc and had a perfectly good credit history destroyed.

I have now got a solicitor to represent me at the hearing in July and hope to bring this **** to its knees for what they really are ! CORRUPT

Judging by this forum is it not about time we organised a mass petition and presented ourselves outside No 10 Downing Street as clearly alot of innocent people are suffering unfairly.

I have wrote to ATOS and the chief executive in London to complain and just got dead end responses in return.

Are we interested in beating this **** or are we just going to moan and bitch individually and get nothing done , we need to get together folks strength in numbers.

What about a facebook group or mass petition , anyone's suggestions and help is welcome.

LETS GET TOGETHER PEOPLE TO FIGHT THIS !! :-x

One of the major problems we have is that people just dont have the energy to do this.

For instance: after fighting with my employer for over 4 years which whom were HMRC. I for one have very little physical and mental energy left.

They have left me feeling discraced that I have a disability and these are government employers who make the rules about diability discrimination.

The only suggestion I can come up with for a major assalt would for everyone to write a letter toteh following people.

Priminister

Local MP

Local News agency

National News agency

What we should write is a full detailed letter explaining yur own sistuation and how it affects you and explain about how ATOS has treated you and other people with expamples.

At the moment I feel it would be like getting a blood out of a stone from a government who seems to be blaming the people on benefits for all out woes and not the actual MP`s and Banks who screwed the system out of almos a trillion pounds and still get stupid bonuses of over 60 billion.

What we should also be asking them is how much money have they saved with these medicals ? If you think almost 60% are appealed against so the hundred and odd million ATOS gets each year plus the money it costs for appeals , I would think its costing more money picking om the sick and disabled than the actual plan they made to save money by getting people back to work.

My question is who will employ someone who has a disability that will require alot of time off to go to hospital and time off when you are feeling bad ? also where are the jobs coming from ? 1200 jobs were just lost the other week in the north east when a call centre went in to administration.

Send your comments to the government, the coalition programme for government web-site is up and running again. It says,

"This website gives you the opportunity to enter public discussion on the programme. We’ll take all your comments and suggestions on board and publish the Government’s response to those policy areas receiving the most feedback."

I've already sent them a piece of mine. Send your comments to our new leaders here:

Jobs and welfare | Programme for Government

Moderation policy | Programme for Government

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

I just come off the phone with the customer relations manager of Atos in Leeds by the name of Brian Pepper and had a heated debate with him over my medical and the damage its done to me.

This is a copy of the letter I am sending him and it may be confrontational but I have just about had enough.

Dear Mr Pepper

I am writing this letter to follow up a complaint with Atos that I originally contacted you about back in January 2010.

It concerns the way in which my medical examination was conducted and the long term effect it as now had upon my lifestyle both mentally and financially.

I really am at a loss for words and will find it very difficult indeed to try to get across to you the damage I have now got to endure and live with for many unhappy years to come.

I was under medical treatment for depression and anxiety with my GP prior to the examination with Atos , since this examination took place my condition as deeply worsened and I may have to be referred for counselling.

In my previous letter I expressed my views of the Atos examination and how I felt about your company and the way it conducted these tests.

Since I have had my income support stopped on 4/1/10 I have had threats of baliff action and repossession proceedings nearly been issued on my home.

I have also had a perfectly good credit record destroyed and black listed for several years to come.

This will now force me to remain with my current mortgage lender which is not a reputable high street name.

I have been very lucky with the low interest rates of late and I now feel that after coming off my fixed rate deal I will have no chance of moving my mortgage if the rates rise this year.

This will surely result in me losing my home sometime in the future as my current lender is not the best of companies to be dealing with but was left little choice at the time.

I am currently claiming JSA and cannot cope with all the stress of this on top of my already very serious problems , how long I can endure this before I attempt to take my own life remains a question I have no answer too.

I have contacted the chief executive of the DWP at Caxton House in London to complain and now have the help of my solicitor.

I now have the weekly struggle of trying to live on little over £20 per week after paying my mortgage due to the loss of my income support.

This does not even pay for my weekly food let alone my utility bills which is increasing monthly and currently stands at over £1000 in arrears also with threats to terminate my supplies.

It is with deep regret but I solely blame Atos for all this mess and also for my severe depression which as now ten folded since the medical examination.

I made you aware of evidence in the form of doctors letters that I took along to the examination but it was refused to be looked at by the examining doctor.

I was so appalled by the way this was addressed and conducted that I am seriously considering taking legal action for damages against your company if the decision is not overturned by the tribunal on 20/7/10.

Since my examination I have done some in depth research into your company and found some very alarming issues and reports from hundreds more people like myself on the consumer forums website , the list is endless to say the least.

I also watched a program that aired on BBC1 Scotland on 26/5/10 entitled BBC Investigates "Who's cheating who" and it was addressing the issues of your company and the medical examinations. The people that were suffering due to a direct result of your decisions was staggering and surprise surprise no one was available to comment from Atos or the DWP.

The issue was referred to the citizens advice bureau who did their own investigation into the way your company deals with the medicals. It found overwhelmingly that the computer program used for these medical reports was and I qoute UNFIT FOR PURPOSE I think that just about sums the whole issue up.

I feel so strongly over this matter that I am now going to write to my MP and the Honourable Iain Duncun Smith head of the department of work and pensions.

I look forward to your urgent response in this matter and reasons given for not looking at my medical condition correctly or the evidence I provided.

It will be nearly 8 months since I appealed this decision and the wait for my appeal to be heard which I think is disgusting and I fully intend not to rest until a satisfactory response as been received.

Yours Sincerely

Let me know if their is anything you think I could add :mad:

Hi Kingkarl1967,

I empathise completely. It's better to campaign than moan, although putting our grievances on CAG is not just moaning as the forums are read by many people (if you google "Atos" some of the hits should bring you to this site)

There is someone on here called Libo who has already organised coach trips to Westminster, I believe. However, as Dragon2020 points out it's a problem of health and energy levels that stops some of us doing more. Also since the Serious Organised Crimes and Police Act 2005 it is very easy to get a criminal record for protesting peacefully in our capital city (Maya Evans got a criminal record for reading out loud the names of our war dead at the cenotaph) not to mention the risk of being attacked (Ian Thompson was killed in 2008 after an unprovoked attack by police as he walked home from his job as a newspaper vendor).

People on here help each other with information and advice, including one post warning about the BBC 1 Scotland programme on which Citizen's Advice Scotland's report about ESA being unfit for purpose was highlighted.

I totally agree with you about the need for action, and if you start a petition, please let me know by PM and I'll sign it. Good luck

Hi Kingkarl1967,

I empathise completely. It's better to campaign than moan, although putting our grievances on CAG is not just moaning as the forums are read by many people (if you google "Atos" some of the hits should bring you to this site)

There is someone on here called Libo who has already organised coach trips to Westminster,( Hi Yet_Another_Atos_Victim;2952536 I must put you right on this i am trying to organise various idea's you can check out my campaign page post some idea's on there

Click this link. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/251610-calling-all-disabled-people.html I believe. However, as Dragon2020 points out it's a problem of health and energy levels that stops some of us doing more. Also since the Serious Organised Crimes and Police Act 2005 it is very easy to get a criminal record for protesting peacefully in our capital city (Maya Evans got a criminal record for reading out loud the names of our war dead at the cenotaph) not to mention the risk of being attacked (Ian Thompson was killed in 2008 after an unprovoked attack by police as he walked home from his job as a newspaper vendor).

People on here help each other with information and advice, including one post warning about the BBC 1 Scotland programme on which Citizen's Advice Scotland's report about ESA being unfit for purpose was highlighted.

I totally agree with you about the need for action, and if you start a petition, please let me know by PM and I'll sign it. Good luck

Here's what i have done myself to date.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/261358-esa-cost-me-week.html

Libro.

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p