Fasthosts invoiced me for something i didnt ask for, Now won't refund me...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi folks, quickie here. Let me explain

2 years ago i bought 3 domain names from fasthosts. lets call them a b and c

They were due for renewal last week, but they didnt renew them because my CC details had expired. So, i called them, told them i ONLY wanted to renew one of them, (a). gave them my cc details, and the re-newed it for me.

then, 7 days later, i get 2 invoices for b and c. i called them and explained that i had not asked to renew them. They say that the system automatically renews them, and they would not issue a refund.

I've sent them This email, to which they replyed saying they would accept the email, as it was from an unknown email address;

domain renewals td.header { } td.text { padding-left: 4px; padding-right: 4px; } td.label { } td.data { } You ( fasthosts) have unlawfully charged me for a product which i SPECIFICALLY indicated i did not want to receive. If i had wanted them, i would have renewed them all at the same time, Instead, i have one invoice dated 20/5/10 invoice number 22237989, and 2 invoices dated 27/5/10. Zoe first dealt with it, As below, She confirmed that only 1 domain name was renewed.

I understand what has happened, Zoe asked me to update my CC details online, which we did together over the phone, She then renewed lothian-Hypnotherapy.co.uk manually. Your system has then automaticlly renewed the other 2 now that it has up to date payment information. Now, when i spoke to zoe, and indicated that i only wanted to renew one site, She, As a "competent" member of staff, should have known that the system would renew the other 2 automatically, and either stopped the other 2 from being renewed, Or told me how to stop it.

So, The problem here is down to the in-competence of your staff. NOT MY PROBLEM.

I suggest you re-consider the refund.

Kind Regards

Any ideas folks ?