Help Me Please- Anglian Water

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I need some advice, I have an outstanding bill with Anglian Water for £650ish. I still live in the property, and have offered to pay them £4 per week. i know this seems like a small amount but I am a single mother on benefits. They've refused this even though Ive told them the situation Im in. Most of my other creditors have accepted my payment plans. they originally wanted £70 per month and then £30, neither which i can afford to pay. Its my own fault for putting it off, but it seems that now I'm trying to rectify the situation, they're not willing to help. Is there anything I can send them to make my point clear, that this is all i can pay them?

Thank u :confused:

Guest Cartaphilus
Most of my other creditors have accepted my payment plans. they originally wanted £70 per month and then £30, neither which i can afford to pay

Hi. I assume up to this point all communication has been done by phone with AW? If so, stop. Continue in writing from now on. Not only will it save you the cost of a call but ... I am afraid you will encounter the scripted 'we can only accept x amount even' and you will I am afraid bash your head against the wall. If they know your circumstances, then I am afraid that asking for such an amount would clearly leave you without any money per month for things like food, priority debts eg CTX (you MUST continue to pay this as you will be aware it's a punishable offense if you don't through the courts).

Have you sent them a financial statement in writing? Also, who is this debt with now eg a debt collecting agency or still with AW?

I was trying to look up on AW website but it's having an off day aka 'technical difficulties' for anything about payment difficulties and some companies offer grants for people on benefits in order to pay. Also, some offer an ongoing payment system whereby you can continue to pay for your ongoing usage but also pay the arrears off at a rate you can afford to. UU has one, but I don't know about AW.

I am sure others will have better ideas.

I have sent them a financial statement that I did with Payplan, the government funded debt consolidation company so they know my exact financial situation. I did try to set up a payment plan with them for all my debts but was told I didnt have enough debt as all my debs collectively only add up to around £2000. The debt is still with AW not a DCA. All my other bills and debts with other companies are all paid on time. I will research the grants and see what help they can offer.

I would simply set up a standing order with them and pay the £4 a week, that way then there is nothing they can do, have a browse through Ofwat::Ofwat home page and see if there is anything useful on there.

The greed of these corporate companies is unbelievable, they can't have what you haven't got!

You don't need to send them any income and expenditure sheets to prove you can't pay more than this, your say so is plenty good enough, although they will say otherwise.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Guest Cartaphilus
but was told I didnt have enough debt as all my debs collectively only add up to around £2000.
Didn't have enough debt? Don't know how Payplan works but I've never heard of that before.

You don't need to send them any income and expenditure sheets to prove you can't pay more than this,

Then I'll stop sending mine, then, seeing as I am disabled. I wish you luck Zelda.

Thank you, I will write to them and tell them AGAIN that I can't afford more then what I offered. Although I did state that quite clearly in the first letter I wrote to them. MORONS!!!

Hi there,

Hmmmm Anglian water are not a great company!

you can set up an online account at www.billpayment.co.uk to make as much or as little as you want, I use this and I think its a good way of doing it, if you ever need to prove your payments to court etc you can just print it off rather than trawling through bank statements.

Write to them and tell them £4 is all you can manage and you will be making that from now on and should they take it further you will enlighten the courts you are not refusing to pay.

thank you very much harrased. i have now applied to the assistance fund and will see what they can offer to help.

thank you mizzwizzi, i will set up the payment and at least they can see I'm tryin to make a payment even if it isnt good enough for them