Debt recovery company insider

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"Ah ok. To get the DCAlink3.gif off your back tell them that the CA is not effective and therefore you are disputing the debt. Once you have told them this then they must have a set procedure they need to follow. So long as it is like you explained then if the CA is void then they cannot chase you for repayments."

And they don't. They say' awfully sorry old chap, our mistake, wont happen again.' Yeah right!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a threat monkey or am i a troll lol

For the record no i dont agree with the way some DCA work and once again i have posted this in this thread.

I didnt realise i had to speak to admin to post? is this true do we all have to speak to admin first?

I merely work for a DCA i am not representing them what so ever. I think the sooner some of you understand that the better this thread will become.

My intention is to help people only not to be either a spokesman for DCA's or a target for debtors.

Kiptower you are correct in your description of a DCA this is the means of their power. The only time this can change is if a CCJ has been obtained against the debt. Or other such order.

DCA's advertise themselves as a conduit between the creditor and the debtor. In much the same way as VISA takes you payment from the bank to the vendor.

With less threats and shouting :)

Guest Cartaphilus
DCA's cannot make deductions from any benefit payment and are not allowed to do so.

I am sure that is so ... Except why I have been reading of instances where DCA's have asked for NI numbers? Details of a person's illness? Disability? What kind of benefit people are on? None of those they have any right to. Yet those who do not know that may without any further knowledge on the subject supply them ... I have also been reading of instances (sure it was on here or MSE) of people's wages and also benefits ... suddenly, without their permission, they are having payments deducted.

I merely work for a DCA i am not representing them what so ever. I think the sooner some of you understand that the better this thread will become.

My intention is to help people only not to be either a spokesman for DCA's or a target for debtors.

Are you using a work computer to post here?

Guest Cartaphilus

Also, you have further up this thread more or less defended something that's indefensible re the behaviour of the DCAs. Yet, above you are saying you wish to 'help' ... I am unsure which and what side or as MONX said, whose 'loyalties' you are with? It's not clear, it's blurred.

I, for example, am on the side of just, fairness ... which one are you on?

I am sure that is so ... Except why I have been reading of instances where DCA's have asked for NI numbers? Details of a person's illness? Disability? What kind of benefit people are on? None of those they have any right to. Yet those who do not know that may without any further knowledge on the subject supply them ... I have also been reading of instances (sure it was on here or MSE) of people's wages and also benefits ... suddenly, without their permission, they are having payments deducted.

Are you using a work computer to post here?

Ok yes they are within their right to ask for the form of benefit that the debtor is on to then report that back to the creditor.

NI numbers i have no idea why they would ask that i would say its a scare tactic to be honest

As for deductions from wages this is very unlickly the only way this can be done is through court action.

Also, you have further up this thread more or less defended something that's indefensible re the behaviour of the DCAs. Yet, above you are saying you wish to 'help' ... I am unsure which and what side or as MONX said, whose 'loyalties' you are with? It's not clear, it's blurred.

I, for example, am on the side of just, fairness ... which one are you on?

Fairness i have not defended DCA's i have just given an inside view of them only.

I agree that many of the tactics some DCA's use are very underhand indeed, hence why i am encouraging people to report them to the proper bodies.

Guest Cartaphilus
As for deductions from wages this is very unlickly the only way this can be done is through court action.

Oh, well, then ... I am sure those people who have had that done to them WITHOUT any such court order will agree.

Ok yes they are within their right to ask for the form of benefit that the debtor is on to then report that back to the creditor.

For what purpose? Actually, I can't be bothered anymore. And I think reading back quickly you have been defending the DCAs, whether you may think you are/were or not, with what you have said in at least one long post in reply to the others.

I'll go further and say I had a stroke because of a creditor's attrocious actions at the time!

Oh, well, then ... I am sure those people who have had that done to them WITHOUT any such court order will agree.

For what purpose? Actually, I can't be bothered anymore. And I think reading back quickly you have been defending the DCAs, whether you may think you are/were or not, with what you have said in at least one long post in reply to the others.

I'll go further and say I had a stroke because of a creditor's attrocious actions at the time!

If you have had deductions from your salary made by your employer then you need to speak to the employer first to find out who is making the deductions. Here is a explanation of deductions from wages.

The legislation prevents your employer from making deductions from your wages other than in certain defined circumstances. There are three specific situations where lawful deductions may be made. These are:

(1) where the law requires deductions to be made, e.g. income tax, National Insurance contributions, attachment of earnings orders, student loan deductions,

(2) where your employment contract makes specific provision for a deduction, and

(3) where you and your employer have agreed in writing to the deduction before the situation arises that would require the deduction to be made.The legislation prevents your employer from making deductions from your wages other than in certain defined circumstances. There are three specific situations where lawful deductions may be made. These are:

(1) where the law requires deductions to be made, e.g. income tax, National Insurance contributions, attachment of earnings orders, student loan deductions,

(2) where your employment contract makes specific provision for a deduction, and

(3) where you and your employer have agreed in writing to the deduction before the situation arises that would require the deduction to be made.

So if someone is having money removed from their salary they should be well aware that they have had an attachment of earnings placed upon them by the court

They are allowed to ask what benefits people are on?? No, they are not! They have no right to know anything about anyone's income - only a court has the right to ask for that information. This is the kind of lies DCAs feed to people trying to lead people to believe they have some kind of power when they have none at all. We do not need you to tell us how DCAs operate - we know from first hand experience. The quicker you are kicked off the site before you tell any more lies the better. Go away!

Well, they can ask, but they have no right whatever to any information.

I do not know who Spacemonkey works for, but in my experience most DCAs do not bother to pass much information to the creditor. Considering people's circumstances and reporting back to the creditor would cost them money, and that's why they don't bother.

The business model of most DCAs is based around minimally trained staff paid on commission and sending template letters; it's a sausage machine, and they won't change unless they are forced to by proper legislation.

The issue of using SDs has been the subject of specific guidance by the OFT. One company, the dire 1st Credit, were censured for using them inappropriately. The individual responsible has now moved to another company where SDs are issued like confetti. Episodes like this are another reason why this grubby industry needs to be properly regulated.

Pinky grow up for gods sake i am offering help to people click on another link if you wish.

They will ask you as form of a I+E as a standard if you claim to be on a form of benefit then until this is proved then they will continue to pursue it.

I cant believe some of the members on this forum its unreal. Some people on here are very much full of their own self importance its unreal.

Well, they can ask, but they have no right whatever to any information.

I do not know who Spacemonkey works for, but in my experience most DCAs do not bother to pass much information to the creditor. Considering people's circumstances and reporting back to the creditor would cost them money, and that's why they don't bother.

The business model of most DCAs is based around minimally trained staff paid on commission and sending template letters; it's a sausage machine, and they won't change unless they are forced to by proper legislation.

The issue of using SDs has been the subject of specific guidance by the OFT. One company, the dire 1st Credit, were censured for using them inappropriately. The individual responsible has now moved to another company where SDs are issued like confetti. Episodes like this are another reason why this grubby industry needs to be properly regulated.

Correct that was the point i was trying to make.

Correct again the issue of creditors not being kept informed is indeed one of the major issues i deal with day in day out. Likewise they do not inform the DCA either of change in any circumstances. For example if the debtor pays directly to the creditor then the creditor should inform the DCA so as to cease action but the seldom do.

I agree that the industry needs regulation and as such they are moving in the right direction with the CSA but its only voluntary membership not mandatory

spacemonkeypg, I noticed you mentioned earlier that you thought DCAs generally work on a 'client's behalf' - if I'm misquoting I'm sorry but, you seem a bit confused as to what the Debt Collection 'Industry' is.

I suggest you have a read of the CSA's own factsheet: 'Debt Sale and Purchase'.

The link's on this page, here (it's a PDF). ;)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

spacemonkeypg, I noticed you mentioned earlier that you thought DCAs generally work on a 'client's behalf' - if I'm misquoting I'm sorry but, you seem a bit confused as to what the Debt Collection 'Industry' is.

I suggest you have a read of the CSA's own factsheet: 'Debt Sale and Purchase'.

The link's on this page, here (it's a PDF). ;)

I'm sorry but i don't understand your point there.

When we have a new debt account the person or company is called a client and the person owing the money is called a debtor

So anything new happening on the forum today??

DCA's dont buy debts, good then I can stop paying the ones I have been because I do not have an agreement with them:D my agreement was with the OC but then the DCA told me they had bought it, so who is telling the truth around here

Stat Demands are a lawful way to threaten debtors, nope dont agree with that either

Off to another thread to really try and help people

So anything new happening on the forum today??

DCA's dont buy debts, good then I can stop paying the ones I have been because I do not have an agreement with them:D my agreement was with the OC but then the DCA told me they had bought it, so who is telling the truth around here

Stat Demands are a lawful way to threaten debtors, nope dont agree with that either

Off to another thread to really try and help people

Ok here is an idea lets get one of the forum members to call a DCA and ask if they buy debts and then report the reply back on to the site.

If a DCA told you they bought the debt then unless in that instance they have they have lied to you. I have explained the general process for debt collection its fairly simple to understand. Once the OC (client) passes the debt to the DCA they sign a written agreement that the DCA will act "on their behalf" not purchasing the debt. It seems on this site that is a common misconception

I think what space cadet is saying, is that catalogue debts and mobile phone debt for example are not often bought. The DCA is chasing on behalf of the clients.

For debts owing to banks and financial services companies e.g. credit cards, loans, overdrafts, they are chased by DCA's on behalf of clients sometimes, but if debt collection becomes protracted, the debts can be sold on to DCA's as a bulk transaction.

I think people in the debt industry are working on so many different batches of debt, they forget their companies relationship to the debt, give out wrong information by phone and send out wrong info in letters.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread