ESA Appeal Date Looms - in bits

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I agree with what loan ranger has said about having representation at the tribunal, whether your Mum attends or not. My OH was told by a tribunal chairman that it's much better to attend in person if it's at all possible and that there's a better chance of a good result by doing that.

HB

As I've stated, she isn't in a fit state, and her WRO that had agreed to go with her can't as they have given her such short notice (5 days) as she is the only one in our area.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They can have the hearing in your mother's absence, yes. Is it a possibility for the WRO to request a postponement to a later date where she could perhaps attend as your mother's representative? A postponement request needs to be made in writing, but they can refuse to agree to a postponement.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Oh dear, this is tough for you isn't it? I would try ringing the Tribunals Service first, as they may be easier to get hold of and are pleasant to deal with, from what I've heard. If it turns out they can't help you, ask them who they think you should contact. You could also speak with the Welfare Rights person who should have the inside track.

After that, you're looking at ringing the DWP.

Please keep posting and we'll do whatever we can.

My best, HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

A postponement lies solely at the discretion of the tribunal. A rep can attend in her absence and request adjournment but this has to be someone she has given authority to be a rep in the appeal which in this case would be the WRO. (or anyone else that she has asked rep for her in addition to the WRO) Has anyone spoken to the tribunal service? If not ring them first thing in the morning to explain that your mother is far too ill to attend. This is better than not appearing at all from which they may draw their own inferences.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Hi Albatross's child. Have you got the doctor to come out and have a chat to your Mum? As someone with a mental health disability myself, I feel your Mum might need some extra help as she's having such a rough time. Ignore me if it would feel uncomfortable, I'm just worried about her.

As for the tribunal- if the welfare rights officer can't make it tomorrow you should ask her to contact the Tribunal to re-arrange. Also if you contact your GP perhaps they could organise a sick note of some sort to say your Mum cannot make it due to ill health- just a thought.

Has the welfare rights officer submitted any evidence on your Mum's behalf? If so the tribunal could still consider this.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .