Me Vs Moorcroft - HELP PLEASE !!!

Guest alderney1965dk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest alderney1965dk

Hi Everyone,

I contacted Moorcroft yesterday [by Telephone] I know that was silly but as I say I was fed up with the constant merry go round of repeat letters that were being sent. I told them that I could only afford the £1.00 per month that I had previously offered BCW & Snotcall as I am on benefits. Moorcrap then said and I quote" We can only accept that kind of payment if you send us a Financial Expenditure form," end qoute, I told them that a County court only has the right to request one of those and not a DCA, she then said and I qoute" It is Company Policy" end qoute, I told them again that only a county court has the right to ask for this form and I will offer them £1.00 per month. She basically refused to accept this payment offer and only accept £5.00 minimum without the I & E Form, I then repeated myself that I will offer £1.00, she returned saying that they refuse to accept this offer, I said so you are staing that you are refusing my offer, she said without a I & E Form YES.

Any help with this would be grateful, I want to know what to do next incase they take this further. The debt was with Orange Communications and Moorcrap are the third DCA since September chasing this debt, BCW were willing to accept the payment but they then passed the debt onto Snotcall

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!:-?

if they are the 3rd chasing this...then it should tell you that absolutely nothing is going to happen if you dont even pay it....how come its been passed through all these idiots? have you disputed the debt?

Have deleted letter rather than unintentionally offering the wrong advice - very sorry, i obviously didnt read first post properly - Thanks for pointing it out (below)D4G.

Regards, Mpols x

Edited by mysticpols06
explained in post x

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

:pKeep smiling peeps!

Guest alderney1965dk

Hi debt4get

I have not disputed the debt as I am well aware that I owe it, but I did have an ongoing issue with BCW with the payment plan, One minute they said they would accept the offer, then they said they would not, they did offer to accept it as they provided me with there bank details and I started paying, but they just started sending letters back out to me telling me to provide and I & E form as they were unhappy with the payment arrangement.

You know its not a good idea to phone them, so why do it? I would rather have letters, you can be in control then.

They will not put anything in writing that they said in a phone conversation.

I would ignore everything they send to you.

If it goes to court you will only have to pay what you can afford anyway.

Moorcrap are very greedy, I'm playing with them myself at the moment.

jed

If you wish to pay at £1 per month that is YOUR decision to make. If you make the payments and they cash the payment then THEY have accepted that payment.

The reason they don't like accepting less than £5 per month is that they know that if they did go to Court and you can prove you are making regular payments the Court is not going to be best pleased as they will only order the same amount anyway!!

Also, of course with todays' bank charges I suspect it costs them more that £1 to bank & credit your account each month:D

If it were me I would just ignore them, but the above is my suggestion if you want to make payments.

Now you have first hand knowledge of WHY we suggest to never phone them!

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

[email protected] are notorious for adding HUGE charges to accounts...Ask them for a statement of the account (FOC).

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)