Council parking ticket - help needed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently received a parking ticket but this time it is from the council (I have had 1 private company ticket before). I parked outside my work and paid for 2 hours into the machine, which it accepted. It showed that £2.50 was paid. What I should have done was look at the end time because I would have realised that it only gave me 1 hours parking time.

I should have looked more in detail at the wording of the parking meter because in quite small letters it said 'parking 1 hours' on the meter but it didn't say it anywhere else.

My main argument is that there is insufficient signage for people to realise it is only 1 hour parking plus if it is only 1 hour parking, why does it accept more money than the 1 hour, which is £1.20? Surely that is classed as theft.

I'm going to appeal the ticket on these grounds. Is there anything else I can use to back up my argument? If I lose the appeal or don't really have a case then it will teach me the lesson of being more careful!!!

Thanks in advance for your posts.

there is lots more you can do, by all means use the above argument as an informal appeal (which will be rejected in most cases anyway even if relevent).

However scan and wash personal details of the ticket front and back and post it up. Many tickets can be won due to errors (often in the small print). Picks of the parking bays (especially the end of the bay) and the signage often give additional appeal points.

I'm sorry, don't know whether you are able to see those scans! here are other ones which you may be able to see a bit more clearly!

EDIT - Here are some direct links to the full size images!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb94/laztozia/parkingticket1edit.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb94/laztozia/parkingticket2edit.jpg

parking ticket 1 edit.jpg

parking ticket 2 edit.jpg

Edited by debrob555

I have a pic of the meter but I couldn't take a picture of the bays because I couldn't stop for long enough! However, the bays were just parking on the side of a road. No specific bays but a long one that went round the crescent. Hope that is of some help.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb94/laztozia/25052010006.jpg

Thanks again for all your posts, you're all being realy helpful.