** welcome finance **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello was wondering if anyone can help. i have a really bad credit rating because i can not manage to pay any of my debt back on time keeping with the tems of the ageements so i had no choice but to ask welcome finance for help and they did help me dispite my horrific reputation as a payer. i signed the contract but i doubt i read it pproperly as i think it was a sunny day that day and i was due to go home and sit outside drinking o my front doorstep and talk to my neighbours,anyway i spent the money but when it was all gone i regreted it and decided i wouldnt pay them back, so i complained about the interest they charge even though i should have just read what i was signing for. so that never worked so i thought id start trying to cliam miss sold ppi even though if i was in a job and lost it and was eligible to claim i would have claimed and let them pay it for me happily!! or if i didnt have ppi and needed it i proberly would have said i wasnt offered it!!

so anyway ive wasted time complainig and i have blanked all of there calls and knocks on my door even though i was aware of charges so now my balance is higher and i now am complaining my balance is too high but seeing as i never pay ad make them chase me what do i expect.

i said i had no money for them buut i actually spent it on fags and booze.

then when they came i hid behind the door instead of explaining to them, so they kept ringig me buyt i avoided them still .

but imm still the victim right???

i deserve money for no interest or charges.and ill pay when i like but still complain about the state of my balance.

i wish they would just close so that there is no other company willig to lend to me so that i can never have ay loans or cars..

help me does anyoe know any other time wasting tactics i can use to stop paying , or should i actually just accept that i signed for it , i spent it so i should just deal with it ????? thanks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems you have the perfect cv and attitude to get a job with welcome

but from your spelling i think you may already work for them

no doubt when welcome goes tits up you will most likely be writing this for real

so good luck

sounds just as well 'you will never work' as literacy is obviously not your strong point when taking the p**s do yourself a favour and at least spell things properly makes everything much easier to read ;) as for your welcome agreement, i think its commonly known as a contract of employment and should you have acted like a reputable company you would not have quite so much time on your hands to sit here writing drivvle :) Happy job hunting sweetie :D

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

I think your time maybe better spent on the Job centre website mmmmm maybe try learn direct instead.

As always please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform.

If you like my Post please dont be shy give my Scales a little tickle :-)

I think the point he's making is that many people who have sourced credit blame anyone & everyone bar themselves for over extending themselves & doing little to resolve the issue. It's not a welcome finance thing but a financial institutional thing. Everyone must take their share of responability but it's seems few do on this forum.

Before you all start a witch hunt that I am a representive of some financial company than sit down & don't bother cos I'm not. I've been hit by high APR, redundancy & ill health but with luck & commitment I'm getting myself out of it. It's so easy to blame (that's why the west are in dire straights) but I for one WILL take my share of responablilty that I borrowed money I shouldn't have some material goods I could have done without, can you guys who are chucking silly comments about like what I've read so far - j bet not - that's why our future is looking bleak

I think the point he's making is that many people who have sourced credit blame anyone & everyone bar themselves for over extending themselves & doing little to resolve the issue. It's not a welcome finance thing but a financial institutional thing. Everyone must take their share of responability but it's seems few do on this forum.

Before you all start a witch hunt that I am a representive of some financial company than sit down & don't bother cos I'm not. I've been hit by high APR, redundancy & ill health but with luck & commitment I'm getting myself out of it. It's so easy to blame (that's why the west are in dire straights) but I for one WILL take my share of responablilty that I borrowed money I shouldn't have some material goods I could have done without, can you guys who are chucking silly comments about like what I've read so far - j bet not - that's why our future is looking bleak

If you think we are all so bad then why even post? In my case circumstances have put us here not making ourselves overstretched without bothering. Yes we signed thats never been up for discussion what we would expect is for these companies that offer these services to treat their customers with fairness and respect. In the case of welcome finance at least they havent and dont. I dont think threats, excessive charges, irrelevant charges, bully boy tactics and false signatures is either fair or lawful.

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

i dont think people are complaining of the fact they borrowed money of welcome

more the fact welcome are not open and above board of all the extras that are applied but not on the agreement

it is also fair to say that if you settle early you are punished by their settlement figures

so not everyone is trying to squirm out of their commitments, i for one have maintained all payments

and others have been treated like dirt so everthing in black and white is not always as it seems

essexboy

No, I'm not talking about legitimate complaints and i have read a few, but it seems not one person is taking some form of responability for their loans?

Firstly it's important to understand what your signing. If your inexperienced or unsure them it's a must to seek some form of financial advice, be it Citizens Advice, legal help or even a family member to advise you. Most don't as they only want one thing and that's the cash. Don't take my post personal, it just angers me when all I hear abou on the news & in the press about the city this and the city that but not once do I hear anyone say "you know what, I should have been more responsible.

I'm sure Welcome Finance are shocking but no-one made anyone borrow from them & judging by what I've read & the exorbitant interest rates they charge then most of us gave shocking credit ratings anyway. Why would someone us these when the banks charge a fraction interest than they do

it just would be pleasant to see someone say 'my bad' and not 'everyone else's bad'

Essex boy - so you've kept all your loans up to date and they treat you like dirt? I have a loan with a dodgy company and now I'm meeting all requirement I don't hae anything to do with them apart froma statement

that said I totally agree with you about being up front & early settlement figs. Your right about that mate. All the best

just but look at the banks

if they cant keep their house in order and lend irresponsibly

why should i work 80 hours a week to get them out of the ****

i know what i can afford and i did sign an agreement and i have paid

but just because the want to treat their customers like dirt

that i did not sign up for

look at the legitamate arguments and then justify your comments

essexboy

Essex boy - so you've kept all your loans up to date and they treat you like dirt? I have a loan with a dodgy company and now I'm meeting all requirement I don't hae anything to do with them apart froma statement

that said I totally agree with you about being up front & early settlement figs. Your right about that mate. All the best

the fact you say now i keep up all payments suggests there was a problem

people go through tough times

its a fact

So let me get this correct - you pay, never missed a payment? Never in arrears? Meet all the terms and conditions and they treat you like dirt? So when thy call you they say what?

Hi, I'm calling from welcome finance - just want to say thanks for paying? Hmmmm. Surely these companies only contact you when you DO default? It makes economic sense not to plow resources into 'customers that are paying without default' and chase the ones that are facing difficulties?

As for the banks - yes they have dropped the ball and as a result we are all paying for it but back to my original post, did they force you? No and therefore it'd be nice for someone to accept an understand that without customers wanting loans that can't pay then the banks wouldn't lend. It's called consumerism

So let me get this correct - you pay, never missed a payment? Never in arrears? Meet all the terms and conditions and they treat you like dirt? So when thy call you they say what?

Hi, I'm calling from welcome finance - just want to say thanks for paying? Hmmmm. Surely these companies only contact you when you DO default? It makes economic sense not to plow resources into 'customers that are paying without default' and chase the ones that are facing difficulties?

As for the banks - yes they have dropped the ball and as a result we are all paying for it but back to my original post, did they force you? No and therefore it'd be nice for someone to accept an understand that without customers wanting loans that can't pay then the banks wouldn't lend. It's called consumerism

we had a call every month without fail to 'remind' us our payment was due in a few days and was charged £10 for it!

The fact I've sourced a loan from a high finance company means I've been a bad lad yes and yes I did miss some early payments. I got sick of their contact and now I pay everything which means going without some

luxuries that others deem their standard living costs like a car, smoking, socializing & having children. I'm not saying you shouldn't (not you essexboy) but at some stage we have to take responsability for our application for monies we can no longer afford to pay bag whilst still enjoying the luxuries listed above

I know gonna get lynched for these posts as this is a collection of dissatisfied customers but I can't be the only one that gets sick of their contact and chose to do something about it - to pay as agreed when I took out my loan (and with ppi, just in case I got ill)

welcome have not contacted me regarding my account

i have contacted welcome regarding issues applied to my account

and as welcome offer a great customer service the have failed to reply to my concerns

if welcome were as great as you say they are and i am wrong then why not respond to my concerns

incidently i pay weekly and in front

my contact with welcome is due to their mismanagement rather than payment

essexboy

The fact I've sourced a loan from a high finance company means I've been a bad lad yes and yes I did miss some early payments. I got sick of their contact and now I pay everything which means going without some

luxuries that others deem their standard living costs like a car, smoking, socializing & having children. I'm not saying you shouldn't (not you essexboy) but at some stage we have to take responsability for our application for monies we can no longer afford to pay bag whilst still enjoying the luxuries listed above

I know gonna get lynched for these posts as this is a collection of dissatisfied customers but I can't be the only one that gets sick of their contact and chose to do something about it - to pay as agreed when I took out my loan (and with ppi, just in case I got ill)

I dont think you are being lynched at all and in some respects to those that do overstretch themselves I agree with you. I do however disagree with the children comment I dont deem my children a luxury and for the most part they were here before we ever took out a loan.Unfortunately having no credit history is as bad as having a rock bottom one which leaves some people with no option but to use these companies. I dont think getting sick and tired of the contact and looking into what we have had done to our accounts consititutes not doing anything about it in fact its the opposite and by being in the know we can go about things properly. Sometimes pay up and shut up isnt the answer, of the people I have spoken to regularly on CAG none are avoiding their debt just trying to get a fair deal with the help from fellow consumers.

Hi beyond hope

how long was your loan for? So they charge you (& everyone) £120 per year for texts? No matter if your in arrears or not? I'm a skeptic by default and won't believe anything that sounds outrangeous without some kind of proof (like religion)

If you can scan your terms & conditions stating they charge £120 per year, every year for the duration of the loan then not only will I sincerly apologise, but I will also personally write to the FSA