• Tweets

• Ok looks like we are going to court. Ive recieved a "Directions Questionnaire" (Small Claims Track).   Obviously self explanatory to fill out but I assume I dont agree to mediation? Will this be frowned upon? Obviously I have no intention of giving them a penny so unless mediation results in them witdrawing their claim I presume I tick no here?
    • Notice of Allocation to smalls claim track ( hearing )     the final hearing is 16th December   the trial fees are non refundable , does not give a date for fees , it says if parties settle before the trial fee id due then the trial fee will not be payable , if a consent order settling the matter is requested after the trial fee has been paid then the consent order fee will be payable .      
    • OK, so Idem has sent back the quickest response in history following the CCA letter from my OH. An envelope arrived today.   They've sent another copy of the original and signed, application form  from 2000 - most  of which is illegible however, husband's name, address and signature is clear - the small writing is very blurry.  They've also sent numerous A4 pages of what they say is the agreement (it's photocopies of what look likes old pages). There's no signature on it. It's just pages of A4.    Does this help us at all??   Also, am I right in thinking that day claim arrived (4th Sept) + 33 days = Monday 7th October, which is when the defence needs to be in by?   Thanks as always.
    • Hello all,    I have received a letter from Advantis in regards to an overpayment of carers allowance I received when I got a job whilst I was caring for my mother. I did not know I had to inform them etc.    Long story short, I had a compliance phonecall with carers and nothing more was said.    I stopped caring for my mum shortly after and cancelled my carers allowance too.    I was employed for 4 months at the beginning of 2018.    Apparently the DWP and carers have sent letters but I haven't responded so they've gone through Advantis to recover the amount owed. I moved house shortly after cancelling everything and had no contact from them at all.    They sent letters to my previous address so they told me that's why it's been passed onto Advantis.    Today DWP told me that the only thing they can do is take payment in full, or deal with Advantis to come up with a payment plan.    I spoke to Advantis who asked me to pay in full or in two installments, I refused and they then said they've put my account on hold for 30 days whilst I go away and work out my monthly income etc so they can go through an affordability assessment to work out how much I can pay back and how often.      What shall I do? DWP tell me there's nothing they can do as it's been passed onto Advantis.    Advantis tell me they are working on behalf of the DWP... Nobody will tell me who owns the debt.     What shall I do?    Thank you all in advance for your amazing help.     
    • Hi, I have just received a pcn from Euro Car Parks saying that my car was in one of their car parks for 13 mins without making a payment. The reason being is that my husband was waiting for me, but where he thought I would only be 5 mins I was longer because of health issues and I had to take a rest. As if this wasn't enough, unbelievably I have just received ANOTHER notice saying I had not paid for a ticket on the 9th of September. I would like to mention the car park charges are so cheap, at £1:20 all day, it would be insane not to pay. We have used this car park only around 4 times and have always paid, excepting th time the car was waiting for 13mins. What a shock I have got receiving these notices. I wonder if I accidentally keyed in my registration incorrectly? Please can someone advise.
  • Our picks

kate999

EGG OH credit card was Crapest now who?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3084 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My partner had an Egg card opened in 2000,

it then got defaulted and passed to CAPQUEST in 2006.

This account has been an nightmare! we started making minimum repayments and thought everything was ok.

As I dealt with the finances at the time the repayments were made vis standing order via my bank account not my partners.

I started to get letters from CAPQUEST and my bank advising that they didn't know who these payments were for.

After numerous calls to CAPQUEST they didn't know anything about my my payments and were not dealing with my partners account any more and couldn't tell me who. Sounds a joke I know! But it is true!

We contacted Egg, but no one knows who is dealing with the account.

We have been chasing this and have no clue.

Egg advised we checked our credit report to see who was dealing with it -

As the account was not defaulted till Dec'06 it should still be on his credit report.

There is NOTHING on there - NOTHING!

Can anyone advise us what to do.

What I don't want to so is ignore the debt and suddenly have someone chasing us 2 years later

for the outstanding balance.

Shall we just leave it?

Really not sure what to do.

Why is it not on his Credit Report?

hy does no one know who owns the debt???

Help Please!

PPI REFUNDS

HALIFAX - Loan PPI full refunded + 8%

HALIFAX - Credit Card PPI full refund + 8%

EGG - WON!

MARBLES/HFC - N1 Submitted

MORGAN & STANLEY - [/WON!]

CREDIT CARD CHARGES REFUNDS

HALIFAX - Credit Card Charges full refund + 8%

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

MORGAN & STANLEY - Full refund + CI

CAG has been amazing and a real God send! Thank you so much to all the people who help to make this the place it is and dedicate their time to help people like me! Please donate to help keep this site alive! It's Priceless!!!!!

well you need to wise up a bit on DCA and the more you read here the better..

1st the golden rule of debts is

NEVER PHONE A DCA!!

do everything in writing.

like wise NEVER talk to them on the phone if the ring you

PUT IT DOWN!!

now, most people on here would love to be in your situation of not knowing who owns a debt!!

please get yourself familuar with WHAT a DCA is!

they are NOT BAILIFFS [they only comes after court cases & CCJ's]

they have NO LEGAL POWERS!!

they CANNOT demand payment nor can they add any charges/fees/interest unles they OWN the debt AND those said things are IN THE AGREEMENT that they MUST hold to demand payment etc ... it's called a CCA and know you are aware of a CCA fro your other threads.

PLEASE stop trying to resolve this issue, its not your problem.

stop paying ANYONE that you are paying if they do not hold a VALID CCA!

just one last point, you or I can become a DCA all you do is send out threat-o-grams and see if you can fleece people.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I hear you DX -

So should I just leave it till someone contacts us? Like I say I just don't want something to some back and haunt us in a year or 2?

PPI REFUNDS

EGG - WON!

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

CAG has been amazing and a real God send! Thank you so much to all the people who help to make this the place it is and dedicate their time to help people like me! Please donate to help keep this site alive! It's Priceless!!!!!

then jump that hurdle when you come to it

get on with your life

thats what cag is for

enjoy the sun!

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

I started to get letters from CAPQUEST and my bank advising that they didn't know who these payments were for.

After numerous calls to CAPQUEST they didn't know anything about my my payments and were not dealing with my partners account any more and couldn't tell me who. Sounds a joke I know! But it is true!

We contacted Egg, but no one knows who is dealing with the account. We have been chasing this and have no clue. Egg advised we checked our credit report to see who was dealing with it - As the account was not defaulted till Dec'06 it should still be on his credit report.

There is NOTHING on there - NOTHING!

No lender is obliged to update CRA registers, they do it for mutual sharing of lending risk info. The absence of any CRA record is neither here nor there, with no effect on legal liability.

As Capquest wrote to say they know nothing about the intended purpose of your S/O payments, and by implication they are not yet claiming ownership by virtue of receiving your gift, I should write to Capquest asap and claim back refund of same before something else goes wrong.

You could always deposit this money in a ringfenced account earning interest. If nobody demands repayment of your o/h's debt by 2012, then the 6-year Statute of Limitations determines expiry of the 2006 liability. Then in 2012 time for a party courtesy of Capquest. If some CRA wakes up and chases your o/h before 2012 then you have the protection of your ringfenced nest egg.

Possibly Egg wrote off the debt, though unlikely. More likely their office systems got into such a muddle they lost all trace of the debt after transferring its handling from DCA to DCA. Or one of the DCA's went out of business and junked all their paperwork.

It is up to the creditor to chase the debtor,

not for the debtor to find the creditor.

No point looking for a sleeping dog to wake up.

Count me in for your 2012 party invites :D .

Update on this one - and advice really needed please fellow caggers!

CapQuest must of got their arses into gear as they eventually started asking for money again! So I sent a CCA request.

After months of letters saying they were holding collections activity on the account - Egg produced a CCA and they inturn sent it to us - please see the attached.

I have been searching through the many EGG threads to see if it is a valid CCA. Although the copy of the CCA is on 2 sides of A4 I believe it was a double sided document. There seems to be a few different opinions around.

They also sent a copy of old and current terms and conditions - though the old ones don't have any dates on so don't officially know when it is from.

Reading through the following thread by steven4064 - I am still a bit confused as to whether I have an enforcable agreement?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?162851

In Steven's thread point 3) iii) it states that the credit limit must be there - but there isn't

Can someone please have a look at this for me - enforceable or not?

Many thanks in advance

KX

PPI REFUNDS

EGG - WON!

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

since rankine i would not ever look to an agreement being un-en

dx

spreadsheets 

Have I missed something? rankine?

PPI REFUNDS

EGG - WON!

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

cant read postage stamp

use the pdf method

dx

spreadsheets 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26578[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]26579[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the attached - have just converted the files to PDF as suggested. Hope they are ok to view now?

Going to read the documents you have posted and do some research.

thanks DX

PPI REFUNDS

EGG - WON!

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

here is the second page - not sure why it didn't upload properly - thanks

PPI REFUNDS

EGG - WON!

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!