quick question RE: Pay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

The company that i work for has decided to bring a new pay structure in, so that they fall in line with other companies. basically what they are saying is that they want to cut the top banding by £1000 and will do it gradually over 2 and a half years but will give everyone a 'payment' of £1500 in June the new deal needs to go through the union ballot and the new pay would come in as of the 1st June. The £1500 is to cover the pay rises from last year, this year and next year.

The question i have is that i start a new role within the company on the 1st of June which is on a different pay banding, should i still be entitled to the £1500 payment or part of as it covers the pay rise we didnt get last year?

hope this makes sense.

thanks

hi,

thanks for the reply, its not you i dont think i explained it too well. the salary band for the role i am on now has 3 progression points that go up after year 1,2 and 3 so that after year 3 you are on the top salary you can be in this role. They now want to drop the pay at year 3 by £1000. the role i am going into is classed as a different part of the business and they have their own different pay scales so i wont be affected by the pay cut. but i think as they are paying £1500 to cover last years, this years and next years pay rises they wont be getting i should be entitled to at least a part of that and me moving to a new role shouldnt affect that?

i'm not a member of the union so dont get a vote and havent asked them, may try ot speak to them next week

I suspect it depends on the wording.

The only time I have seen a similar thing it was phrased as "employees in class xxx who were in post on dd/mm/yy and are still in post on the paydate".

When you say they are paying in June, is that in the salary to cover May? In which case, you may well be entitled to all of it, not just part of it.

when we were told the top boss said anyone that leaves before June would still get it and it couldn't be taken back if you left. but i think it was a sli pof the tongue and what he meant was the payment would be made in june and if you chose to leave you could keep it as it covers the pay up til next year.

they are paying it in our june pay, its at the end of the month and covers june.

thanks for the reply