Debt Management Agencies posing as Solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There seems to be a lot of debt management companies posing as Solicitors. Posing as a Solicitor is a criminal offence, they are putting their names to legal proceedings as well as issuing claim forms in the original debtor's name when the account has been sold on. There needs to be transparancy in debt cases, they say that MPs have to show transparancy well so should debt management companies. David Cameron and Nick Clegg have said that people losing their homes should be the last resort, well caggers on here know that is not true, people are losing their homes every day on unenforceable agreements that have been forged in a lot of incidences and are totally without merit.

I am going to take up the mantle and campaign for this practice to be stopped, no one is saying that companies should not be able to recover monies that are owed to them but they should only be able to do so if they have the right paperwork, the harrassement that goes on by telephone has to stop as well. Debtors should be treated with respect. David Cameron and Nick Clegg said that the vulnerable in society will be protected, I don't see that with debt, the creditors will persecute someone to their death and indeed they have.

I am going to make a difference to people's lives, I don't believe that people should get into debt and then try to get out of paying the same, I would never advocate that, the people I meet on this site have very genunie needs and should be helped.

I would apprecaite any replies of people's experiences at the hands of these so called creditors, I am determined to try and change the law, my life has been hell through all of this and through no fault of my own.

Guest Cartaphilus
There seems to be a lot of debt managementlink3.gif companies posing as Solicitors

Think you mean a DCA - debt collecting/collection agency - don't you?

I am going to make a difference to people's lives, I don't believe that people should get into debt and then try to get out of paying the same, I would never advocate that, the people I meet on this site have very genunie needs and should be helped.
I think the obvious question is 'how?'

I would apprecaite any replies of people's experiences at the hands of these so called creditors,
I think the whole of CAG is full of those. :)

I don't believe that people should get into debt and then try to get out of paying the same
Should? I don't honestly think it's that black and white TBH.

I am determined to try and change the law, my life has been hell through all of this and through no fault of my own.

Again, how and what provisions do you have at your personal disposal to change it thus?

Join the club mate.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.