Strange bank activity and confusion.... any advice please?

UnitedFront
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok... this is a strange situation and any advice would be most gratefully received. If this is in the wrong place please move as appropriate and accept my apologies :)

Ok... I'm a mature student at university full time and I have a student account with natwest.

On Wednesday I had a bursary payment enter the account. I also received a couple of hundred in cash from elsewhere.

Also on Wednesday I had to run around for most of the afternoon paying in and taking out money from various accounts - mine and other family members - to repay money I had borrowed and lend money to some family members etc. A very busy day of errands.

Unfortunately I have an issue where I get very confused and forgetful about things that have happened very recently; I am only able to remember things properly some time afterwards. This means that normally I write everything important down in a book so that I have a record of everything. On Wednesday, however, I was in a real rush and forgot to take this book with me when I went out; so I couldn't write down what was happening!!

I did, however, keep complete copies of receipts for everything from all the transactions I carried out on Wednesday (both from banks and shopping) and I have these safe.

Right... now on to today's confusing activities:

There has been some bizarre activity on my account today; firstly £260 was taken out and then shortly later £260 was put back in and then, low and behold, shortly later the same amount was taken out again.

I've looked at my history and the only notable activity on my account history is £130 being paid in on Wednesday and my university bursary going in on the same day.

I've phoned the bank to query today's transactions and they've said that it appears to be an error correction; but they don't have any details regarding what for apart from that it's a correction from Wednesday. They have asked me to phone back tomorrow and see what's what.

As I said earlier, unfortunately I had so much to do on Wednesday that it is all a complete muddle to me; I spent so much of the day running in and out of various banks.

I've no idea what this £260 that has been taken from my account is for or what to do about it; but it's seriously eaten into my cash reserves for the remainder of my university year!!

Any advice about what I could / should be doing in this situation would be really gratefully received.

Hope you're all enjoying the burst of warm weather at the moment.

Cheers.

UF

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...