BT want to make me scream

mazbck

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday I was put onto incoming calls!!!

According to BT I havent paid since February, but according to my bank statement all the DD's have gone through on the 6th of every month as they are supposed to do!!!

Now, lets go back to Mayday Bank holiday when I got a phone call to say that I had an outstanding balance, and that would I pay it!!!:roll:

After telling them no and explaining to them about the DD's I was told that they had a new system and that the payments had not shown up on there yet.

Fast forward to yesterday, and the conversation I had left me wanting to tear my hair out.

So as far as BT say Im due them money and according to my bank statements Im not.

So they have told me its up to me to pay the balance and reclaim the money from my bank LOL. Surely its up to BT to find out where the moeny went to , not me.

Im now signed up to Sky, but Im not sure ifit will be an easy enough move as it would be showing an outstanding BT balance, and BT may not give me my MAC code. As the move to sky Im saving £42 a month compared to BT.

So lovely caggers what is my next step.

So

Hi, only me:p

As long as your bank have confirmed bt have received the dd's then its not your responsibility to pay again whilst they sort out their shi*y system.

I used the account online and clicked on contact and used email to type in the end as learnt whatever said over the phone to them is not always actioned. Get the feeling sometimes they tell you what you want to hear over a compliant, so get anything they say backup in email or record the call.

Their billing/customer service section has gone down hill. I would contact the leaving section and ask for the mac code, which is valid for 30 days and see what they say. I told them I had stopped direct debit and said would pay anything or take refund when changed over, they didnt argue.

I didnt think it was up to me to prove the DD's were paid.

Well I have also stopped the DD as well, I also remember that in March they tried to take another DD 10 days after the 1st one, which my bank called me and asked about it and my bank refused it :confused:

I didnt think it was up to me to prove the DD's were paid.

Well I have also stopped the DD as well, I also remember that in March they tried to take another DD 10 days after the 1st one, which my bank called me and asked about it and my bank refused it :confused:

I dont know , but they are penalising you so might be worth getting print out from bank or getting maybe bank manager to ring them and tell them what twits they are as they obviously seem to have lost it.

If it appears in my account I will let you know:-D Never know the way they are behaving:eek:

Yesterday I was put onto incoming calls!!!

According to BT I havent paid since February, but according to my bank statement all the DD's have gone through on the 6th of every month as they are supposed to do!!!

Now, lets go back to Mayday Bank holiday when I got a phone call to say that I had an outstanding balance, and that would I pay it!!!:roll:

After telling them no and explaining to them about the DD's I was told that they had a new system and that the payments had not shown up on there yet.

Fast forward to yesterday, and the conversation I had left me wanting to tear my hair out.

So as far as BT say Im due them money and according to my bank statements Im not.

So they have told me its up to me to pay the balance and reclaim the money from my bank LOL. Surely its up to BT to find out where the moeny went to , not me.

Im now signed up to Sky, but Im not sure ifit will be an easy enough move as it would be showing an outstanding BT balance, and BT may not give me my MAC code. As the move to sky Im saving £42 a month compared to BT.

So lovely caggers what is my next step.

So

Hmm... Did Sky ask for a MAC? BT cannot refuse you one anyway, unfortunatly if you are moving from BT for line rental you will have a period without broadband or phone I believe. Sky will be the best people to advise you of this. (IdaInFife is very knowledgable in this area, maybe drop a PM ;))

Re: your already paid bill, 1st BT does NOT record info on your credit file, so no worries there. If they start passing the "debt" about to DCA's I'm sure you know how to handle them, but we're always here to assist!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

A DD payment must be proved by the remitter. Unless the recipient acknowledges receipt, the onus is with the customer (another reason why DDs work against you). All it takes is a glitch on the consumer number, and BT cannot allocate the funds to your account. This happened to me when a dropped digit meant a nightmare for months.

Even when my bank statement state that they have gone to BT? So I would have to ask my bank for details of the DD.

Could I pay the piddly outstanding balance then reclaim later?

Could do and point out to bt you will want compensated for being so messed about when proved they have the money.

Bank could confirm they have received them in writing maybe and check the details and then go for bt's throatxx

BT have a LARGE department to track down funds that have been paid but remain unallocated to an account. If you speak to accounts, and tell them your bank confirms you have paid BT. They can out you through to the 'Missing Payments section who will go through the dates you provide for the credit to discover the amount, your bank and what happened to the payment. I've always found them to be quite attentive,

Thanks buzby, I shall endeavour to talk to them in a moment and hopefully put this to rest.

On a lighter note though, after doing some research about other providers, Ive had 4 calls today from Talk Talk!!! Each time Ive told them that we are going to Sky and they cant seem to understand it.

We've been with talk talk before and I certainly wouldnt go back to them, after their tech guys argued with a mate of ours who is a microsoft certified engineer that it was our pcs that were causing some problems. LOL considering that our mate is brilliant with PC's and if he cant fix it then its time to buy a new one!!!

Apparanlty Ive been told by tesco and bt the retention team will contact me even though I said no. I said I bet I receive that call or letter without problems :rolleyes::D

good luck with ringing them, hope you get uk call centre

Well what a day!!!

Spend about 50 mins on hold trying to get through to the Missing Payments section, had to give up on the end as our Son isnt very well just now and needs a lot of care.

Will try again tomorrow.

I had them try to take cancelled dd out today, naughty naughty, they rang me about midday to ask where their money was. I should have said check with the bank like they leave a customer to do if it money goes missing bt end.

They told me today payments section does not liase with customer services. they are just the ones who make the calls.

So bt treat customer like poo and we have to do the chasing, nice:mad:

Hope you have better luck with tommorow :)