• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Business account over 19,000 in bank charges.** SETTLED IN FULL ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dolfos, I have been watching this thread almost since you came onto the site - 19 grand was just enormous and you seemed to be in a right old state over it - it just didn't seem possible did it?

Well I take my hat off to you and I wish you every success in the future like all the others who have rooted for you.

Now I don't want to throw cold water on what is a wonderful result, BUT and my partner always says " you always have a but" Doesn't it make you feel, knowing the DCA bought this debt for somewhere between 7 & 12 % of its face value that there might be a deal to be had with them to reduce this even further ? Have they charged you interest? have they produced a copy of their agreement ? have a look at the tbern posts on the Cabot thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cabot/36665-cabot-again-urgent-help-71.html#post675800

it's a different angle but we have been stripping one particular dca to pieces - Cabot and they buy debt, but there are some amazing revelations you might, once you have finished celebrating care to take a fresh look at.

Just a thought. Well done anyway - only trying to help. :wink:

Many Congratulations and well done for sticking with it, you are an inspiration.

Have just received my AQ so this has given me more confidence to carry on as I'm sure it will to a lot of other peple also.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Lizzy

To Love & Be Loved Is The Essence Of Life

wooooooohoooooooo !!!!!!!

Welll done !!!

Great result

And more power to us business claimants !!

:) :) :) :)

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

dolfos, enjoy your money, I admire your courage

BUT I am disgusted at the charges

I mean, £19000? yes. £19000

all readers - take a moment to reflect on the amount that was unlawfully taken

and realise that ALL banks just simply DO NOT care about their customers

its the PROFIT that matters

£19000.........get real!!!!!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

dolfos, enjoy your money, I admire your courage

BUT I am disgusted at the charges

I mean, £19000? yes. £19000

all readers - take a moment to reflect on the amount that was unlawfully taken

and realise that ALL banks just simply DO NOT care about their customers

its the PROFIT that matters

£19000.........get real!!!!!

here, here !

Guest Tracey284

What amazing news!!!! So glad it all worked out for you in the end. We did well, but not as well as you. They gave us less than we were claiming, but it turned out that we were claiming for account activities charges which really are not claimable, so we did settle for their higher offer, but not without a fight!

Hi Dolfos

Well done and congratulations big time!!!!!

I hope you are now considering taking them to court for distress and defamation? I am taking BOS all the way because of what they did to me!!!!

Gemspan

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and like everyone else I suppose was very surprised to learn I could reclaim bank charges. I've sent a letter to LloydsTSB (Customer services dept) asking them to send me statements/details of charges. Will they definitely reply in 40 days - I didn't send the letter recorded delivery. Also, my husband has a business account with the same bank and he has also had charges - can he reclaim or is it personal accounts only. Sorry to ask so many questions but I've only just begun the process and want to do it right. Obviously slightly scared of annoying my bank - can they close any loans we may have with them and demand the money back??

Thanks and I'd appreciate any help.

Tina9776

Congratulations!:D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and like everyone else I suppose was very surprised to learn I could reclaim bank charges. I've sent a letter to LloydsTSB (Customer services dept) asking them to send me statements/details of charges. Will they definitely reply in 40 days - I didn't send the letter recorded delivery. Also, my husband has a business account with the same bank and he has also had charges - can he reclaim or is it personal accounts only. Sorry to ask so many questions but I've only just begun the process and want to do it right. Obviously slightly scared of annoying my bank - can they close any loans we may have with them and demand the money back??

Thanks and I'd appreciate any help.

Tina9776

Business Accounts too - slightly different process and wording, same principle, same result. follow the links on my posts above to business accounts for either Limited Companies or Sole trader / s/employed. Good luck.. would suggest you post everything Recorded though, otherwise they'll argue they never got it... sadly, trust no one.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys a really big thankyou tp you all. We are hoping now to complete the IVA sooner and try and get back some kind of life again. This site has been amazing and all you guys need a medal!!!!!

Thanks again this really would not have been possible without you all.

xxx:D :D

17th august 06-claimed back 725.00 from HSBC in full (personal account)

28th august -just added up over 19,000 in business charges with husbands HSBC account! ABOUT TO START PROCESS OF RECLAIMING MONIES.

Well done dolfos! Just to cheer you up a bit more, I also won a business claim from HSBC last year with compound interest. Paid up in full :D Only just over £2k, but a win is a win. Get your heads down & go for it business claimers!