style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please anybody,

I have a bailiff from newlyn sitting outside my house now saying he is waiting for a towtruck to take my wifes car.

It relates to an unpaid parking ticket which I got in Islington whilst using her car. The bailiff called last week but we could not pay. he did not levy on anything but has turned up again today demanding £651 which we do not have.

I posted about this last week and Tomtubby advised a stat. out of time which we have done and emailed the forms. TEC emailed back yesterday saying one form was wrong and to do it again.

I told the bailiff we are filing an oot stat. dec but he says it does not matter and the car will go in 45mins if I cant borrow the money.

Can he take the car immediately or is he supposed to levy on it and give us 7 days?

Also we live out in the sticks and it is our only form of transport and my wife needs it to take our 5 & 6 year old kids to school. The child seats are in the car and we have told him this.

Basically can he take the car immediately or is he supposed to give us time? I think because he knows we are doing a stat. dec. he wants to take the car now before it gets stopped.

Any urgent help would be VERY much appreciated as my wife is beside herself with worry.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve - sorry you haven't had any response.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience of unpaid parking tickets but I'm sure someone will come along soon to advise you.

How are you holding up?

Impecunious! :)

Hi,

Unfortunately I had to get a friend to pay them £780 as a lorry arrived and started loading my wifes car.

BUT......

I know for a fact that the person who was here was NOT certified. His name was Alan, I and my wife heard him several times referring to himself as Alan when on the phone to his office to get further instructions, but he was pretending to be Simon Draycott, who is on the register and whose name is on the paperwork. I also slighly asked the removal driver the 'bailiffs' name and he confirmed it was Alan.

I asked him if he was a certified baillif because we had seen no proof, he showed me a very worn card with HIS picture on it but with Simon Draycotts name on it. Also according to the register Simon Draycott was certificated at Uxbridge Court, but the id this man showed me said Northampton.

I have a photo of the man 'Alan' that was here and my friend who paid the bill can also id him. (He is very recognisable by his size).

He has left us no paperwork at all this time.

Ifully intend to take this as far as I can as from what I can gather it is not legal for an uncertified bailiff to collect parking ticket fines, let alone pretending to be someone else in the process.

Thanks,

Steve.

Hopefully Tomtubby will be along soon, she will be able to advise you what to do next.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks for the help.

We are not having a good time at the moment, JBW yesterday and now this today. At least JBW did not come back as they threatened.

We are penniless at present and I now owe a friend £780. If they took it illegally should they be forced to give it back?.

I feel so strongly about how we have been treated today that I am prepared to drag them into court if necesary.

Steve.