Barclays/CDCS Are they part of Barclays?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent a CCA request to CDCS today for a loan taken out in 2003 via Barclays.

Can anyone tell me if they are part of Barclays as the letter I got today looked like it is from Barclays

or is it another debt collection place?

I wasn't sure and didn't know if I would have been better off ringing the number

and arranging a payment with them as i understand if CDCS is a debt company

they are to produce the CCA but if its part of Barclays its them

I owe the money to and this would be regardless of the CCA am i right?

Totally haven't a clue with this

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cartaphilus

Yes, they are Barclays.

and didn't know if I would have been better off ringing the number and arranging a payment with them as i understand if CDCS is a

As you will have probably read on here, keep everything in writing. Don't phone them. If you have sent a CCA request, wait until you receive a reply, don't make contact. The ball is now in their court to provide those details.

Guest Cartaphilus

No, like I said wait to see what they produce. Then let others here take a look at if for you, removing your personal or any other identifiable markings off whatever they send back to you. It also depends on if they produce anything. However, allow them the usual number of days eg 12 days to reply and take things from there.

Is any of this related to this thread?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/259477-moorcroft-hsbc-please-help-3.html#post2935765

Okay, I see it is now and can see what their letter said now:

I have received today a letter from CDCS/ Central debt collectionlink3.gif Services which was for outstanding loan repayments. This was for Barclayslink3.gif and the letters look like its come from Barclays. This was left when husband left and could no longer afford to pay. It says that it is a 24 HOUR Notice and if I do not contact to discuss they will either visit my home or obtain a county courtlink3.gif judgement. Can I do the same and ask for a copy of my agreement or doesn't this apply to a loan? any help much appreicated. If I can send is it the same letter?

I don't know about the 24 hour notice thing but (to me) it looks like a threatoratic letter sent to make you panic and phone. I note someone suggested you CCA them so I'd possibly wait and see what they come up with now.

Edited by Cartaphilus
Removed, added things after reading other thread in the link

what will happen if they can't produce it? As i thought the bank knows i owe it to them it wouldn't matter if they had it or not? where with the CCA request to moorcroft was to find out if they owned the debt and would then be sent back to bank?

Sorry I sound so dumb at this

Guest Cartaphilus

Wait to see what is produced and follow pinky69's advice in your other thread which I saw them just reply to about who to send the CCA to.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent off the CCA request and heard nothing from CDCS so have sent off the dispute letter on monday.

I have received two letters this morning one dated the 28th of may saying 'do not ignore this letter' i

n our prev letters we have told you what will happen if your account remains unpaid.

as we have still not recieved payment of the outstanding balance,

our clients will place your debt in the nahds of a further debt agency.

If you are unable to pay the full balance please telephone us blah blah.

Then the letter dated the 4th of june which also came today is a 'FINAL NOTICE'

we have written several letters to you about the above debt

and as already advised our clients are preparing to senf the details of your outstanding account to a further debt agency.

Before doing so they have asked us to make you aware they may be able to agree a reduced lump sum

for an early settlement. and i must reply in 48hrs

What do I do with these letters as I have sent the CCA request

and they havent responded to it.

Have they not got it?

shall i sent another?

are they just ignoring my request and the dispute letter?

Please help thanks

Guest Cartaphilus
Before doing so they have asked us to make you aware they may be able to agree a reduced lump sum for an early settlement. and i must reply in 48hrs

Wondering if they've issued that letter because maybe they don't have a CCA? ;)

It's something I've and others have seen before for example when a CCA request is made, it's like they get 'desperate' and know they don't have one so dangle carrots in front of people.

Does it say anything else in their letter like ... what actions may be taken? Selling the account to a DCA for example?

You've put the account in dispute now so it is still their obligation to provide what you've reqeusted. They know that perfectly well but ... like many creditors out there prefer you not to know about such things and what should happen.

If you have a read around this forum you will see the many battles people have had with both Barclays and Barclaycard.

PS - Yes, they are more than likely ignoring your letters, if you read some threads similar to your situation you will see what I mean.

Did you send it Recorded Delivery as advised, and if so have you checked online that they have received it.

As long as you have proof that they have received your request there is no need to do anything other than ignore those 2 letters.

Interestingly, once they start offering reduced payments it is usually a sign that they do not have the original agreement which they would need to provide in any Court Action against you.

When the 12+2 days are passed you can send the Account in Dispute letter, and then the position is for you to decide what to do and not them as the Agreement is unenforceable and means you can pay nothing, or arrange a payment plan to suit you.

So my advice is to:

If you can confirm their receipt of your Request wait for their response or,

If you did not send it by Recorded Delivery then I would suggest sending it again by Recorded Delivery.

I sent a CCA request to both them and to Moorcroft regarding two seperate debts and they both state 'processing through our system' on Royal Mails website, however I did get a reply from Moorcroft in response to my request saying they were asking for a copy so I assumed that maybe CDCS was the same and it has arrived and it is Royal Mail not updating their website so would I be better sending another off to them as I have no proof they got it just my Slip from Post office as to when I sent it via recorderd

Cartaphilus it basically says as I have wrote it out that they are going to pass it onto another debt collection place who I am assuming will start chasing me for the same but if they haven't provided me with the CCA are they allowed to pass it on and if so do I just send in to whatever place it goes to another CCA request or send in a copy of the dispute letter saying it is in dispute as CDCS couldnt provide the details of cca?

Guest Cartaphilus

Technically, no they aren't and know this. But they do it anyway. So I'd just remind whichever DCA it gets to (it might be either Wetcloths or Robbinson Way as I know BC uses those a lot but could be anyone) that the creditor hasn't supplied the CCA so it remains in dispute.

Very often online track and trace doesn't show up on P O Box addresses ... I will be back with something for you in a moment in that direction.

Here: [email protected]

I don't know if it's changed as it's a while since I had to use it (for the same reason as you) ... They should be able to give you a printout of the batch slip for the PO box and proof of receipt along with signature. However, you already have a receipt as proof of sending but this is a back up.

Edited by Cartaphilus

Guest Cartaphilus

Essentially, yes. You've done your end of things, they've ignored your letters as evidenced by their lack of response but continual letters. It's more than likely you will hear soon from another DCA now BC has exhausted all attempts to get money from you whilst in dispute with the CCA. So, yes, another dispute letter.

Guest Cartaphilus

It depends if the next DCA buys the debt or not or just 'acts on behalf' of. Doesn't matter, it's still in dispute either way. It's entirely your choice to pay but the lack of a CCA puts things in your favour. Or until they produce one which may or may not be enforceable (from 2003 least likely).

This was taken out in august 2003 i remember as it was just after the Birth of my daughter in the same year. So am I likely to be still taken to court and I can say I didn't pay because they didn't produce the CCA. Worry as my partner worries as it was from my ex husband who got us into this mess and left me with it as its in my name and I don't like worrying my partner with it now

Guest Cartaphilus
I can't understand why if they have one why it isn't sent to me straight away so they can pursue it
:confused: Bit confused, are you saying you want them to pursue?

So am I likely to be still taken to court and I can say I didn't pay because they didn't produce the CCA.
Wait. Such things are a LONG way off and may never happen.

which they would need to provide in any Court Action against you.
As HS already said. Edited by Cartaphilus

no i dont want them to pursue it I just meant if they has one why isnt it that they send it out so assuming they dont have one.

and they cans still take me to court if i pay nothing?

Guest Cartaphilus

Exactly, if they don't have one readily to hand, then ...

and they cans still take me to court if i pay nothing?

Look, I think what you are best doing is waiting to see what is produced. If anything, others here will help you with the rest if and when it comes to it.

Worry as my partner worries as it was from my ex husband who got us into this mess

Meant to ask this earlier, but whose name is on this account your ex-husbands or yours?

I have a letter today from Wescot credit services and its a letter for address verification as to whether i live here but its my maiden name and no details of what the debt is. Says we are trying to contact miss ****** and have been given this address. What do I do with it?