dmp not working??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ve been on a DMP since last august, which was a help at 1st, but Lloyds have been a nightmare and still are. CCCS reckon it will take me 9yrs to be debt free if all the borrowers stop interest, well none of them are. I have sent letter after letter and still they charge interest. Lloyds are now charging 3 times the amount in interest than what i pay per month on DMP, they say after 6 months i have to make normal payments, i argued the case and they give me another 3 months, now thats up and they are now charging me £60 plus a month in interest, i will never be free from debt, is a DMP really the answer ?? because it certainly aint stopping the creditors charging me more money. Don't know what to do next

For the loans and the credit card you could send a CCA request to see whether the debts are enforceable; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter enclose a £1 postal order for each and send them unsigned by recorded post. When you get replies start a new thread for each one, scan the CCA, remove identifiers and post them up so we can check to see whether they are enforceable or not... then we'll advise from there. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

myself and hubby are at our wits end, we have realised that none of the creditors will freeze any interest and after 12 months on DMP, we have hardly paid anything off even though our monthly payments are £237. Do you think it would be easier to come off DMP altogether and try to negotiate with the creditors a payment from us direct. My husband wants to re mortgage, i have told him our credit rating is zero and wont get one, he said there's got to be someone who will let us loan out of our equity on the house. We dont want to down size as we would not have enough to re-buy so would end up renting, and i aint paying someone elses mortgage for them!

Whats the best idea do you reckon?

I know someone who is also on a dmp through CCCS and they were informed that only CCCS would contact the creditors and one all debtors have been notified that you are on a DMP it is then unlawful for them the creditors to continue to add interest and that should they contact you all letters should then be forwarded onto your case manager at CCCS

• 6 months later...

I'm having similar problems with a DMP and am wondering if I've done the right thing. Lloyds are continuing to add massive interest on the overdraft which is basically wiping out whatever I pay each month. The DMP people I'm with have told me to contact LLoyds direct about this, but they're completely unhelpful. At this rate it's going to take me around 14 years to clear the debt.

Meanwhile, the DMP was set unrealistically high to start with, I did tell the DMP people that I did very heavy mileage because of my daily commute, but this wasn't really taken into account - I've just had to pay £400 for the car to be MOT'd, and have come back from visiting some relatives to discover that someones nicked 6 weeks worth of heating oil, so that's another £377 that I don't have. I've already had to borrow extra, even though I know I shouldn't have, just to keep the car on the road - I don't know what to do.

Craigals..............your thread is OK up to a point but because you are on a DMP in this case CCCS it does not mean the creditors will stop charging interest,CCCS will negotaite on your behalf and pay the creditors each month,some you win some will continue to charge interest........................SENFERLAKA................YOUR QUESTION regarding housekeeping CCCS will guide you through your I&E....Housekeeping excluding gas electric etc £300 is about as much as you will be allowed to suggest for 2 people,(talking from experience with CCCS)....................CERB has suggested CCAs this is a good move to start with,also send a letter to your creditors that are being stupid with the interest charges,work out how long it will take at the current rate to clear your debt and tell them will be dead before its paid and ask them to be reasonable.... it works...sometimes....................CERB has also asked about PPI and charges that have been made that you could claim back?????????????...........FS