Out of the Blue Cabot

babbles

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a letter today, from Cabot Financial Europe, not addressed properly, so not sure how on earth it found me, with nothing but a reference number and a note saying a visit will take place on the 1st of June between 8 and 8. No mention of anything to do with a debt, amount, company, kiss my **** or nothing. As far as I am aware I have no debt with this company, whatsoever. I know they cannot just appear on the doorstep, as they are breaking the law. Do I just ignore it, send it back as unknown at the address stated? I am in serious ill health and cannot be harrassed by such low life companies.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks Babbles

You must complain to the OFT and Trading Standards as this letter is a breach of their guidelines:

Complain at :Consumer Direct

If it is not correctly addressed (did it come by post, or was it hand delivered?) then it is my opinion that it is not meant for you and you do not need to respond..

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Don't contact them. If anyone does call, which is highly unlikely, tell them they have 30 seconds to get off your property or you will call the police - they are trespassing.

Cabot are getting more and more desperate for collections they are failing to make. This is definitely a report to the OFT for threatening a doorstep visit without any proof of debt or that it is yours. Every report is a nail in their coffin and they are being monitored by the OFT.

[email protected]

You must complain to the OFT and Trading Standards as this letter is a breach of their guidelines:

Complain at :Consumer Direct

If it is not correctly addressed (did it come by post, or was it hand delivered?) then it is my opinion that it is not meant for you and you do not need to respond..

It came by post, just the name is correct, the bulk of the address is missing, just the house number that got it to us. I will complain.

Just had a letter out the blue also, it was addressed properly though but addressed to my mothers house I left 8 years ago! They must be buying all these stat barred debts for pennies lol. I know I shouldn't of done but couldn't resist ringing them and telling them that they brought the debt from Scottcall which is where my last stat barred letter went. They want me to send a copy to them! Statute barred, letter or no letter!:-x

Don't contact them. If anyone does call, which is highly unlikely, tell them they have 30 seconds to get off your property or you will call the police - they are trespassing.

Cabot are getting more and more desperate for collections they are failing to make. This is definitely a report to the OFT for threatening a doorstep visit without any proof of debt or that it is yours. Every report is a nail in their coffin and they are being monitored by the OFT.

[email protected]

Thanks Pinky, I have already written to OFT, regarding Cabots letter. All it said was Dear MR XXX we will visit on the 1st june between 0800 and 9pm. If this is not convenient, please ring us on this number. That was it. Obviously they want a phone call, which they will not be getting.

:

"No mention of anything to do with a debt, amount, company, kiss my **** or nothing."

Tut, tut, tut!

Typical Cabot...

Nope, nothing, a reference number and we will visit on the 1st June...........for what? should I bake a cake.:!: Should I send the letter back to them, as in not known at this address, or just ignore it and wait to hear from the OFT. From what I have read on many posts, the threats of a "visit" are not carried out.

You could send them a Victoria Sponge Cake or;

Ignore.

Cabot, are on a phishing trip, therefore at this stage ignore.

Thats what I thought too, wanting me to phone them, for whatever reason. Loosers, I can do without it to be honest.

Furthermore, it is against the OFT guidelines on Debt Collection to visit people in their homes without prior making an appointment; especially people who are; [Emphasis Added]: Unwell/Ill and/or, vulnerable!

Take little steps with firm's such as, Cabot!

Wait for their next letter...1st June 2010 is two weeks away and they will send another letter, pressing/pursuing you further.

In that scenario, you should then send them the; 'Prove It' letter and the 'Trespass Rule' letter as follows:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-.html

Edited by angry cat
spelling
  • Haha 1

Furthermore, it is against the OFT guidelines on Debt Collection to visit people in their homes without prior making an appointment; especially people who are; [Emphasis Added]: Unwell/Ill and/or, vulnerable!

Take little steps with firm's such as, Cabot!

Wait for their next letter...1st June 2010 is two weeks away and they will send another letter, pressing/pursuing you further.

In that scenario, you should then send them the; 'Prove It' letter and the 'Trespass Rule' letter as follows:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-.html

Thanks angry cat, I have saved that link, should I need it. I have had dealings with other companies before, many moons ago, Muk Hall I think it was- and once they know that I am registered disabled with genuine multiple health problems, all goes quiet. I know they cannot put someones health at risk by further harrassment.

Muck Hall...!

Just shout if you need any further assitance!

XXX

Thank you, I will let you know if I hear anything more, before 1 st June.

xx Babbles