can i get help to move

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone offer any help please im currently on esa, contribution based and live in essex ive been offered housing back in my native north east which i desperately want to take but the cost of moving is restrictive to say the least i only recieve £65 pw esa and no other benefits and im not entitled to a budgeting loan or community care grant because im contribution based esa does anyone know of any help i may be able to get to help me move? would i be able to get a crisis loan for this? all help appreciated thanks:(

hi thanks for that sod-em means cos like i thought im contribuation based esa i cant get any help with anything, oh :-x:-xthe joys of working all your life and paying into the system, that dont help you when u need it makes me angry:-x

Ask your council they will probably help you....as you will be leaving accommodation that they will need and you are moving to a part of the county that is not overcrowd.

Councils use to help people to move out of London and especially if they are leaving a bigger property and move out of the borough to to a smaller property. Things have change, hopefully they will help you.

Good luck:)

Found this on another forum tigga, hope it helps.

Budegting loan

I looked on that link and found the posts rather confused and contradictory.

I wouldn't want anyone to raise false hopes, so here's the facts as stated in the most current (April 2010) Social Fund Guide for Decision Makers and Inspectors (on page 116):

Part 4 – Budgeting Loans

General

1. Budgeting Loans (BLs) are intended to help those in receipt of Income Support (IS), income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA(IB)), Pension Credit (PC), income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA(IR)) or payment on account of such benefits to spread the cost of intermittent expenses over a longer period.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

hi thanks for that sod-em means cos like i thought im contribuation based esa i cant get any help with anything, oh :-x:-xthe joys of working all your life and paying into the system, that dont help you when u need it makes me angry:-x

You must bear in mind that you have been paying for 2 accommodations for MP's

Now we also have to keep paying for the two public school boys that are PM 1 David and PM2 Nick for each of their two homes and I bet you on their large salaries they did not have to fork out for removal to the their large homes. Also these poor 2 PM's public school boys has an extra small retreat of 100 rooms mansion for a with a large garden to play games in when they get tired of the good life (we saw a couple of years ago with John Prescott when he was off work and getting full salary playing games with is friends):? This as well as their other 2 homes. :-?:evil::? We that we have/are paying for... poor joe public has to grovel for to make ends meet.

Hope the council will be able to help you but over the years this organisation has been too busy helping them selves that they are there to help the people that have/are paying their salaries.

If you do not get any joy write to the CE of Esses she is only on 240k a year and the poor thing may have to do a bit of work so go easy on her.:confused:

Forgot she gets consultants in to help which I think is costing the tax payer in the region of 20 million a year according to the bbc news. :confused:

Edited by Allwood

@ jack1966:

Hi there Jack, that's quite an interesting thought. For example, if tigga has a friend or relative in need of care (up there) then it might be possible to get a Social Fund "Community Care Grant" to cover moving expenses to be nearer to the care receiver. On top of that tigga could apply for more CCG money for all sorts of things relating to the care and support purposes of CCGs.

The great thing about CCGs is that they don't need to be repaid.

Regards, Paul.

Edited by loan_ranger
inserted link to Social Fund Guide - CCGs.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

She would not be able to get a Community Care Grant because she is not in receipt of a qualifying benefit; her claim is contributory based.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

im so tempted to say just jump on a train and come home

its just the motherly thing in me

i hope you can sort things out

thanks for the reply jack i wud so love to jsut jump on a train but as i only get £65 quid a week i cant even afford 2nd class ticket. i dont have any family that cud help me out the removals are going to cost in the region of £500 +, and as erika states im not on a qualifying benefit for a community care grant, been in touch with council welfare and health in mind who im under to see if they can offer me any help but so far cos ive worked all my live im 48 now and worked since day i left school i cant get help yet i get the same to live on as people on income based but have to stretch mine further,:confused: think i may as well give up...

@ Allwood:

Councils have obviously changed their policy because of article like this one below:

What makes you think tigga has a council property? I saw no mention of it in this thread, did you read this elsewhere?

@ Allwood:What makes you think tigga has a council property? I saw no mention of it in this thread, did you read this elsewhere?

You are correct, tigga did not mentioned about council property I assumed it because of the removal costs enquiry. :oops::-|

hi guys please dont fight on my behalf lol, i live in a housing assoc flat and have been offered council housing, im greatfull allwood didnt know anything about the above and as my local council was mentioned in there,, ive applied to their floating support services before i curl up and die.:sad:

We ain't fighting are we Woody? It's just that I'm a stickler for accuracy and fine detail, a common symptom of my illness (Asperger Syndrome).

Good information is the key to opening channels of help, e.g. now that we know that you're renting from a "social landlord" the situation becomes clearer and certain options can either be considered or discounted.

Kindest regards,

Paul.

thanks guys, there is a possiblity i may be able to get a grant from macmillan having had cancer last yr and now unable to work, im hoping my councellor/star worker can help me with that, fingers crossed x

thanks guys, there is a possiblity i may be able to get a grant from macmillan having had cancer last yr and now unable to work, im hoping my councellor/star worker can help me with that, fingers crossed x
I can't possibly answer that, however I'll also be keeping everything crossed for you;)

If you have any little tiggas you could ask "The Family Fund" (a charity - nothing to do with the state).

If you were fleeing domestic violence (which surprisingly now includes problem neighbours) then this might open some other options.

Best regards,

Paul.

• Haha 1

hi thanks again lr, although i have 2 teenage daughters, the youngest is 14 and waiting to go for heart surgery, hence my need to move i cant get a grant from the family fund as she is not "severely disabled" im really appreciating your help here guys you keep giving me something to aim for,