upgrade to my contract with three

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

eight days ago i get a call from a lady to ask if i was happy with my three network monthly contract phone, i say that i am on the 300 mix and match for £15 but am not using it so am glad she phoned as i am going to go back to pay as you go, she tells me she can offer me a monthly contract of just under £7 a month with about 1100 minutes and 150 texts, i tell her i will never use that amount and ask how she can offer such a deal and am told its because i am leaving , but double check that it is less than £7 a month, it seems too good to be true. I get the bill today from three which to my horror is £30.98 a month, i am not happy, i phone three and am told to contact about communications independant mobiles who phoned me with this deal to resolve it and if that is no good then to get back to them,

i hope these phone calls are taped , i feel like a right plonker, if it seems too good to be true it usually is ,how many times have i heard this.

Does anyone know what is my next step if i get no satisfaction.

Thanks, Andy

This is from their "Code of practice"

Making a complaint:

We take any complaint you might make seriously and aim to respond to within five working days. If you have a concern, please contact Customer Services on 0843 373 3333 (calls charged at your national rate) or call 333 from your handset (free) and we’ll do our very best to resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

Taking a complaint further:

In the unlikely event that we don't fully resolve your complaint or haven't responded to you in 8 weeks, you can contact Otelo for help and advice. Otelo is the telecommunications ombudsman– that is to say, it's an independent body that's been approved by Ofcom to resolve disputes between customers and providers.

Otelo may refer the compliant back to us if we haven't been given sufficient opportunity to resolve the matter or the complaint falls outside of the body’s remit. If Otelo accepts a case for investigation, like all providers we agree to be bound by the decision it makes.

You can write, send an email or call Otelo.

Otelo

PO Box 730

WARRINGTON

WA4 6WU

Email: [email protected]

Tel: 0845 050 1614

Follow that advice and you should cut through their bureaucracy and get things resolved quickly.

And, for future reference, deal in writing! Especially if you don't record your own calls. CAG have promoted a device called "truecall" that records your calls, if you do a lot of deals over the phone it may be worth your time investing in one.

My experience, people on the phone have their own agenda, (most likely a "sales bonus) and it is rare that it would be in your interests.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Just to add, I'd also follow your complaint up with a letter to :-

3 Customer Services

Hutchison 3G UK Ltd

PO Box No 333

GLASGOW

G2 9AG

Include your name, address, three account number and phone number.

Ask them to put you on the contract agreed or cancel any lock in and port you back to PAYG or if neither of them suit them, you want a deadlock letter so you can complain about their misselling.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thankyou LOCUTUS for your very helpful reply .

This morning i phoned the company that phoned me and they told me that it would be £6-50 a month and it would be with cashback that reduces the actual price i will end up paying and that the lady should have told me this on the phone, shortly after i received a call from the firm to say the same thing and have also received an e-mail to confirm this, pannick over i think, maybe if it looks too good to be true it might be after all. The response from the firm that sold me it has been first class ,

worrying for nothing i think. I will post when i get the cashback .

Thanks again for the info Locutus

best wishes ,Andy

Cash-back are notorious for being close to impossible to actually comply with. Read the terms and conditions and find out what hoops you have to jump through to qualify for the cash-back!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 1 month later...

well , i have just got my phone back working after 2 weeks of phone calls to three because of a porting problem, great , well not exactly because i am still waiting for the cash back i was told i would get 28 days after my new contract was taken out . I have e-mailed the company that sold me my new contract at aboutcomms,[email protected] three times without reply, hopefully i will get a reply tomorrow.

As I said before, these "Cashback" schemes are notorious on this forum. Their business plan is to put up 2 many hoops for you to jump thrugh, then you fail to Honor their T&C and making you miss out on the actual cash :(

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

thanks locutus for your reply, i will phone them today to see what is going on, on the details of my order with them it says i will receive £240 cashback after 28 days from point of sale, i cannot see any loopholes in it or terms and conditions.

I did speak to someone from 3 business support when i had the porting problem and mentioned the cashback from aboutcomm and he said if i have any problems with it then contact three again,

fingers crossed it will get sorted,

thanks again, Andy

just phoned aboutcomm and asked about the £240, the man said he would pay it directly into my account straight away while i was on the line, i have just checked my bank account, and there it is, happy ending at last,

thanks, Andy

• Haha 1

Thanks very much for the update. That's great news! So glad it worked out well for you :)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

thanks locutus for all your advice , i must admit i was thinking i had been stitched up when the cashback didnt appear in my account when it should have, i wonder how many times people dont follow up when this happens and then dont get there money, i will be very wary next time.

thanks again, Andy:)

Yeah, I bet the amount of people that don't follow up and think it's OK for the company to do this (as they believe them to be a legitimate company!:roll:) and end up with their cash in the companies pockets is more than 50%.

Like I said, that's pretty much their business model. Offer something that is too good to be true to get lots of sales, then make it difficult to actually get what is owed. Very dubious and should be outlawed!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 1 year later...

Well it is that time again, no £240 cashback which I should have had in June 2011 from ABOUTCOMMS, they seem to be trying it on again, this time i fear it will be the small claims court if three business support can't sort it out. What a shame there are firms that don't do as they say on time.

• 1 month later...

Just had a phone call from three, a nice lady said that three have looked into my complaint about aboutcomms not paying me the £240 cashback that they promised and as i have been a loyal customer of theres that three would give me £150 cashback as settlement as long as i extend my contract with them for another 6 months, they are having a laugh, i managed to be polite to the nice lady (just) and decline the offer.

Keep at both Three and ABOUTCOMMS. Remind Three that one of their business support team said on july 1st 2010, "If you have any problems with it then contact three again" (your post number 8)

The aboutcomms.co.uk website is showing as "under reconstuction"... that always rings an alarm bell with me.

You must be getting close to the end of your minimum term! Lets hope your next move is less of a hassle!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

thanks locutus, you were right , i am sat here smiling as i would have an i told you so face on if it was the other way around. My contract runs until may for a phone i can hardly use, its not the amount of money its the thought of being stitched up that i cant deal with very well, i think my next contract will be a tesco one for £10-£15 a month as long as they dont offer me cashback as i may get banned from the shop.

thanks again for your reply ,Andy

Email the CEO of three [email protected] and tell him your saga. Also remind him what you have read here (you could also state that you had read that before taking out the contract, and would hope that Three would honour their word)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar