NHS Parking...long saga

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Difficult situation, I would be grateful for some advice.

I work for a large NHS hospital. Before I started work I applied for a parking permit, it is not clear what happened but this application was unsuccessful. The perking services people say that part of it had not been signed by a line manager, but they do not have the application and are not certain exactly what the problem was. They say that they emailed me but cannot produce the email nor did I receive it.

I am however entitled to a permit, this is not disputed.

I think I then applied again but cannot remember clearly. In any case the permit people say they did not receive it. This is going back over a year.

Over the first few months of working at the hospital I received the odd ticket, I paid one or two but generally assumed that it would all be sorted out when the permit application was resolved.

I then became caught up with exams and a busy period at work and accumulated around 20 tickets. I started to receive some letters from Newlyn and tried to contact parking services, they were impossible to contact and deal with so I wrote to the head of facilities. We had a meeting and agreed that we needed to resolve the outstanding tickets.

We talked about a few figures and he suggested paying £30 per ticket which I said was far too much and unacceptable and suggested somewhere between the daily cost for a staff permit and the daily cost for a member of the public. He seemed to suggest that this was a reasonable idea.

I also offered to pay the total cost of a parking permit retrospectively which was declined.

We also agreed that I would send him any tickets I collected after the meeting while waiting to hear back from him. He asked for details of my number plate and car so he could keep an eye out for the tickets if they were issued.

It has taken about 2 months to hear from him and I have collected about 4 tickets in that time.

His letter today ignores the discussion we had at the meeting and asks for £30 per ticket and includes the tickets since the meeting. This works out to be about £750 which he asks me to send to Newlyn.

I have written back to say that this was not what we had agreed and I have made some alternative offers.

Where do I go from here. I want to draw a line under this.

Many thanks

Trouble

there is nothing they can do about the tickets, its a private parking company

however it may be better you dont park in there etc, in respect of your job,

dont talk to the PPC they will issue all sorts of threats inc, steal you kids hang your dog , send the mother in law to hell, etc total bluff

toilet paper

you need to get your 'manager' to read this forum or watch the watchdog video in the watchdog thread last week

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

just checked the thread and the video link is now pointing elsewhere

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Retract your offer, cease contact and don't hold your breath for any court action.

Legally they *may* be entitled to the cost of a public ticket per day. What's that? A fiver? Probably irrelevant if you can prove your job position comes with permission to park.

You've done too much already.