Urgent Help with Welcome Car Finance

skippync
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

i don't think you can vt if they have terminated the agreement, the managers do have options for knocking money of settlement figures though. depending on if a mangager, area manager, regional manager depends on what there mandate is for reducing the figure and this can't be altered over the mandate they have though. they also can't reposses if you have paid over 1/3 on the goods (part of your monthly payment goes to goods part to insurance) I have however never know wfs to get a court order yet although im sure they could if wanted to

• 4 months later...

Back in September 2009 Welcome gave me a extremely low figure to full and final settlement. I accepted and then they refused stating that it was an admin error. I then placed the account in dispute as I believed that they were breaching basic contract law. There were arrears of £700 on the account at the time. After two months of letters to and fro they sent me one of these rubbish default notices where the arrears had lept up to £1400 this was now November 2009. Two weeks later I then received a termination notice. I took the complaint to the FOS. Approximately 4 weeks ago I received another default notice with the arrears listed as £1900. I also received a final demand from Lewis Debt Recovery for £4375. I stated to them that FOS were dealing and they said they would pass it back to Welcome. I have now received a reply from FOS stating that the acc was not in dispute. I have paid over half the agreement and the FOS have stated that if I want to VT I will have to hand over the car as well as £2400. Any help please as FOS are no help and seem to believe every figure that welcome give them???????

skippy

are all you three welcome finance threads all linked to the same A/C?

if so i would recommend you hit the red triangle below your username and ask them to be merged

it would be alot easier to see them all in one place so's we know what has/has not been advised / done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The welcome ones are all for the same account of which I have sent a rainforest of letters. This has been dragging on for nine months now. I cannot find this red triangle thingy but the other posts are for this account. My monthly payments are £178 and they have ruled that £400 of the orignal £700 arrears were unlawful charges so I should only have £300 of arrears and be able to VT and pay this amount.

i'll get them merged for you

look to the left of the msg you just sent [the one above]

look down a bit from your name red warning triangle...like a road sign....

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Back in September 2009 Welcome gave me a extremely low figure to full and final settlement. I accepted and then they refused stating that it was an admin error. I then placed the account in dispute as I believed that they were breaching basic contract law. There were arrears of £700 on the account at the time. After two months of letters to and fro they sent me one of these rubbish default notices where the arrears had lept up to £1400 this was now November 2009. Two weeks later I then received a termination notice. I took the complaint to the FOS. Approximately 4 weeks ago I received another default notice with the arrears listed as £1900. I also received a final demand from Lewis Debt Recovery for £4375. I stated to them that FOS were dealing and they said they would pass it back to Welcome. I have now received a reply from FOS stating that the acc was not in dispute. I have paid over half the agreement and the FOS have stated that if I want to VT I will have to hand over the car as well as £2400. Any help please as FOS are no help and seem to believe every figure that welcome give them???????

Let me get this straight you had a default, then a termination notice, then another default??

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Yep a Without Predjuice DN on 5th Nov 09 then 14 days later a Termination Notice then in March 10 another DN notice then two weeks later their DCA requesting a full and final demand for the whole outstanding amout aprox 4.4k

was without prejudice on the actual dn or the covering letter?

if they terminated how the hell do they think they can issue another dn? if its terminated its terminated they cant default on someting that doesnt exist?!

and requesting full and final after a dn also consitutes termination

wtf?!

just wanted to be sure i had the story right :-|

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

I am expecting this to happen too. Ive been served a dn, then a termination, then they phoned to say they arent repo'ing, they sent me a new DD confirmation (even though I havent cancelled payments myself).

Yorkshire Bank Plc £3553.77 Prelim letter sent 14/9/06 LBA sent 22/9/06, MCOL Sent 10/10/06 MCOL Notice of Issue Rcvd 12/10/06, MCOL Acknowledged 17/10/06, £929.00 Offer Rcvd, 03/11/06 - Rejected, 09/11/06 YB Defended, 10/11/06 Transferred to Local Court, AQ Returned;) 30/11/06 Copy of Banks AQ Received, 1 month extra asked for by Clydesdale, 09/01/07 £2140.00 Offer Rcvd, 09/01/07 - Rejected, 11/11/07 Allocation To Small Claims Track, Court Date Set - 05/03/07, 15/01/07 £2590.00 Offer Rcvd, 15/11/07 - Rejected, 07/02/07 £3773.77 Offer Rcvd (FULL), 12/02/07 - Accepted, 21/02/07 - Chq Received for FULL AMOUNT. :)

Beyondhope-Its on the DN

Hoogie32 - They are playing a very similar game

How can a legal document be 'without prejudice' how do they think they can take you to court following a DN without prejudice which cannot be used in court without permission from both sides!! Mine was without predjudice but that was on the covering letter not the actual default as there was no room on the page for without prejudice anyway.

• 1 year later...

Hi

Not been on in ages. Initial response from FOS was that Welscum were totally lawful. Mmmm so I have taken it to the FOS adjudicator. I have in the past year had two other DCA's chase me on this, nothing from Welscum. I havent spoken properly with DCA's as they ask for my details for Data Protection so i do the same and they end the call. The car itself has been sat in garage for 19 months now and is covered with spiderweb. Wish they would just repo but still waiting on FOS 19 months on.