Miss sold PPI from Barclays!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI i know this must be the millionth time you have read this Question but how do i go about getting my Payment Protction back from a bank and my 0.8% intrest also..

I have just found out dat it was put on my card's 10 years ago and i never relised what it was and the bank has no record of who sold it to me and if and how a agreed to it....???! Not only that as i have life insurance i was never ment to be sold this..both cards are with Barclays and i have just paid off for one account. i did send a letter and fax requesting proof of this buying this PPI and i do not remember EVER agreeing to this. please help..

Shyster100:confused:

look up homepage for this forum in the stickies

notes for claimants.

PS it's 8% stat int too!

is this a credit card?

if so, charge them at their PURCHASE rate not 8% .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Shyster100,

I have successfully claimed back mis sold ppi on 2 credit cards with barclays, so it can be done.

My first question would be do you have all your statements? If not I suggest you send off A Subject Access Request enclosing a postal order for £10 requesting all information they hold on you as a data subject.

If you do have the statements, go through each 1 and identify the date and amount of each PPI payment you have made and put these into an excel spreadsheet. Then you are entitled to claim back compound interest, ie the interest they have been charging you on the PPI payments and finally 8% simple interest on top, calculated from the date each payment was made until the date they finally pay up.

Now in my personal experience Barclaycard are not an easy nut to crack and will probably throw up all kinds of excuses and delaying tactics along the way, they certainly did with me. But keep at them and continue getting support here on the forums. There are many people who have been in the same position you are in now and only too willing to offer suggestions and guidance.

Go get your money.

DJ1971

Hi thanks for your reply...

No i did not keep any statements and have snet them a letter and got back a form to fill in most of the info was NO NO NO..

so i will send back a copy of this letter to them and then hit them with a subject Request thingy after...

Sorry not very good at this and your letter was very helpful...

i will send back the form and also sign but cross out with date just in case they lift it to put on to thier files!!!

plz keep in touch..

shyter100

Good thinking Shyster and always happy to help.

For far too long banks such as barclays have got away with ripping people off left right and centre. Now it is time for the people to stand up and claim back what is rightfully theirs.

Also suggest you read the stickys at the top of the forum page, there is lots of very useful information in there, including a step by step guide to sending a subject access request.

Just remember there are plenty of people here only too wiling to help.

Is the PPI still active on these 2 accounts?

NO WAY!!! got them stopped...

Dats how i found out about this ppi..

When i closed one card and payed it off!!

the other card is still in use... so both is stopped..

On friday i Faxed a letter to them and it was handed to the OPPI team by the young man helpping me from barklays..

He was the one that told me there was nothing in my file and how it was miss sold to me and 10 years worth..

Plus if they say they cant give out my info to me that they will be lying!!

How nice was he...

so Fax done

Form filled out and copy of fax will be sent with form again but this time i will CROSS out sig and i didnt knwo about that before!!

wat a sap i am:rolleyes::rolleyes:...

it's so confussing reading all this stuff....

shyster100 :?

A good start then Shyster.

The young man from barclays is correct. SAR (Subject Access Request) is something anyone can make at any time to any company they believe hold data on them.

So the next step is to send off the SAR with a postal order for £10 and include in your letter all the account numbers you hold with barclays/barclaycard. The 1 £10 fee will cover all, so you might as well get as much information as you can. Very important is to send it by recorded or special delivery and keep your receipt as proof of postage.

They have 40 calendar days from the day after you post the request to reply and they must send everything they hold, including statements, records of phone conversations etc...... In my experience they will only supply data going back 6 years stating all information older than this has been destroyed.

I know there is a lot of information to take in and remember I felt overwhelmed when I first found the forum. So I suggest you start off with the SAR and get it sent, then while you are waiting for the info to come back you can spend time reading through the other posts and information on the forum.

Good luck.

DJ1971

Hi there again...

Are you saying that i will not get the ten years just 6 years??

As for the request i will do that as soon as...

plus they say they have noting on my file so who knows??

will do that request and see what happend next

your really helpfull THANK YOU

shyster:)

A pleasure Shyster. Just giving something back in lieu of all the help I received from the forum.

No, am saying I only got 6 years worth and that seems to be the norm. But it is not something to worry about even if they do send only 6 years worth. When it comes to paying out your refund they will calculate an average monthly payment for PPI and multiply that by number of months prior to your 6 years worth of statements.

You can clai the PPI all the way back to when it started - assuimng that it was missold

YES... it was miss sold and if they say other it's rubish...

WHY OW WHY does it take so long to get a reply and even your money back..

But when it's you it's endless they hound you for Rubish???

Wat a joke i tell you..

I Want my money back and ALL 10years off it..

Thank Q E mailer No2 :)

YES... it was miss sold and if they say other it's rubish...

WHY OW WHY does it take so long to get a reply and even your money back..

But when it's you it's endless they hound you for Rubish???

Wat a joke i tell you..

I Want my money back and ALL 10years off it..

Thank Q E mailer No2 :)

My partner has an ongoing claim at present with Barclaycard ,They are the worse for denying liability of mis selling of PPI .My partner applied for a copy of his statements and received the last 6 years of statements . He firstly applied for the statements under the CCA 1974 act ( consumer credit act .1974) enclosing a £1 cheque ( or postal order ) I think they have 12 + 2 days to send these to you .If no joy there is the ICO ( Information Commsioners Office ) google it ,you can forward your complaint onto these if Barclaycard dont send out your agreements .

Heres a teplate letter you could use to send to them ,

Send any letters by recorded delivery to their data protection team .

Data Protection Team

Dept LRC

Barclaycard

Northampton

NN4 7SG

Please ammend paragragh 1 to suit. ie s77 Fixed sum credit such as loans, s78 Running account credit such as credit cards & catalogues and s79 Hire agreements.

Your Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

print your name

You can go ahead an apply for these while waiting to send off for a Subject access request ,asking for all information they hold on you which is a £10.00 fee .

Dont expect it to be an easy ,fast process ,from the experiences my partner has encountered with Barclaycard .He has had to resort to the Financial Ombudsman ,as Barclaycard have sent their final responce denying all mis selling .

When you have the £10.00 ,if you still wish all information they hold on you here is a letter you could send to them

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

Subject access request

Dear Sir/Madam

Name xxxxxxxxxxxx

Account No’sXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems with regards to my credit card account.

Please supply me with a complete list of transaction and charges relating to my history with your organization . Alternatively a complete set of statements for the account or associated accounts is acceptable. I would be grateful if you would provide the following .Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organization, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.

- A complete list of all transactions or statements .Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

-Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.

- Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

-Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

I enclose a cheque in the sum of £10 to cover your fee.

IF YOU UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIALTELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCECTION.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.

Yours faithfully

Here is a letter template you could use to claim back mis sold PPI

[insert your name]

[insert your address]

[insert your postcode]

[insert your telephone number]

[insert date]

[insert name of the company that sold you the PPI policy]

[insert address of the company that sold you the PPI policy]

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref: [insert your PPI policy number]

I am writing in regards to the aforementioned policy which I was sold by you, [enter company name here], in conjunction with my application for a [delete as appropriate: loan/credit card/store card/mortgage/credit agreement] on [enter the date].

I now believe that I was mis-sold this policy because I was:

[Choose from the following and delete as appropriate]

• Over the upper age limit when the policy was sold to me and was not asked about this by your salesperson / made the salesperson aware of this at the time [delete as appropriate]
  • Retired when the policy was sold to me and was not asked about this by your salesperson / made the salesperson aware of this at the time [delete as appropriate]
  • Self-employed when the policy was sold to me and was not asked about this by your salesperson / made the salesperson aware of this at the time [delete as appropriate]
  • Unemployed when the policy was sold to me and was not asked about this by your salesperson / made the salesperson aware of this at the time [delete as appropriate]
  • Suffering from a pre-existing medical condition that could affect my insurance and was not asked about this by your salesperson / made the salesperson aware of this at the time [delete as appropriate]
  • Not informed that taking the PPI policy was optional
  • Not asked whether I already had sufficient cover in place at the time the policy was sold to me
  • Not informed that the policy premium was to be added to my loan as a single premium and therefore attract interest
  • Not informed that the PPI policy would expire before I had fully repaid the loan
  • Not informed that PPI had been added to my loan
  • Not made aware of the features, exclusions and terms of cancellation relating to the PPI cover
  • Pushed into taking out the cover by a forceful salesperson
  • Told that taking the cover would improve my chances of getting my credit application approved
  • Previously informed that I could not cancel the PPI policy - this is now considered to be unfair by the FSA
  • Previously informed that I could only cancel the PPI policy if I took out a new credit agreement - this is now considered to be unfair by the FSA

As such, unless you can prove that this policy was sold to me fairly and that it is, in itself, fair and reasonable, I request a full refund of all premiums and subsequent interest on these payments that I have made towards this policy to date. I will also ask that you add the 8% statutory interest deemed as reasonable by the courts to each payment I have made.

I would like you to investigate this matter further and look forward to receiving a full response from you within 8 weeks. Should my complaint not be appropriately dealt with during this time I will be asking the Financial Ombudsman to investigate.

Yours faithfully

[insert your full name]

WOW Thank Q Hazeleyes.....

I am going to send them thier poxy questioner back and a copie of the fax i sent last friday to thier tine address...

then i will satrt with the letters ur sent me...

and see how it goes??

It's just so unfair how you have to do all this stuff just to get back what thier con'd thier way into getting out of us!!

Many thanks will let you know what they say

Shyster x:|

WOW Thank Q Hazeleyes.....

I am going to send them thier poxy questioner back and a copie of the fax i sent last friday to thier tine address...

then i will satrt with the letters ur sent me...

and see how it goes??

It's just so unfair how you have to do all this stuff just to get back what thier con'd thier way into getting out of us!!

Many thanks will let you know what they say

Shyster x:|

your welcome ,dont forget to post all correspondance to them via recorded delivery . Put as much info on the form about mis selling as you can .ie salesperson didnt ask if you required it , didnt ask if you had an existing health condition that would prevent you making a successful claim .You thought you had to take it out to be able to have the card . Werent told you could search a cheaper insurance elsewhere ,or werent asked if you already had insurance that would cover this .

• 1 month later...

WON!!!!............

Got ALL my money back for the past 10 years...

Thay had no proof of anything on thier system

And didnt even have to sent Subject Request Form...

Thank you for your help

Shyster:D

i'd post more details on this as they are known to fall very short on the required interest due.

scan your letterremove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

browse to your pdf file and upload it

hit close this windows at the bottom below upload it box

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

WON!!!!............

Got ALL my money back for the past 10 years...

Thay had no proof of anything on thier system

And didnt even have to sent Subject Request Form...

Thank you for your help

Shyster:D

Great news ,really pleased for you

Edited by hazeleyes68
wrong thread