CSA advice. Just a quick question.

SOD'EM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend of mine has been paying monies from his benefits for Child Support for years. Apparantly though, the mother of the child never got any of that money until very recently. As she had heard nothing from the CSA for years, she thought nothing of it. Now they are giving her £6.60 a week she thinks that this is the only money he has ever paid them. He has just come off benefits and she has been told by the CSA that her payments have stopped because he has come off benefits. The result of this is her sending him a more than nasty letter saying "about time you paid something.blah blah blah. You only paid 2 payments and then you have stopped blah blah blah".

Why have the CSA only just now started giving the childs mother the money?

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

This is just a guess. Recently the csa payments rules have changed and not counted as income for benefit claims. For me it means an increase as of april of quite a summ of money I wasnt getting before.

Could your friend be on benefits and the same as me as in the money has started to appear. If so it is hers to keep

If not sorry just a thought xx

Apols, SOD'EM, you've found an area I know nothing about...

Obviously, your friend is going to have to ask the CSA where his money has been going to.

When CSA questions come up on the bailiff forum, the general consensus is to seek advice from the Dead Beat Dads Association. This may have been a subject they've come across before. Heres a link:

Home

Best wishes

Rae