• Tweets

• Hi. Could you post up what they've sent please so we can see what the charge is? Cover up your name and address and their reference number. HB
    • I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Advice needed with debt.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Please help,I don't know where to start,this is the situation.

I have a lot of debt approx £60k on credit cards.I have not defaulted on any of the cards and I have no ccj's or defaults on my credit file.

I am a home-owner,I have a mortgage and a secured loan,both with GE Money for about £100k. I have not defaulted on those either.

I am self-employed and my business is fairly young. I do not have a regular income from it yet,it comes in fits and starts.

The cards are the main problem as the interest on them is crippling. I am at a point where I am not going to be able to make the payments on the cards soon, so I am trying to work out the best way forward.

I do have equity in my property, about £75-80k

Can anyone advise me or point me in the right direction? I have been reading up about IVA's , Debt Management Plans and so on, but I am really confused.It is made worse by the self-employment issue.

Any help or advise would really be appreciated, I am getting really stressed out by it all and don't know which way to turn for the best.

Thanks in advance.:confused:

Hi Fishtank

I'm not going to answer your question in detail but its either a DMP or IVA for you I think. Doubt debt consolidation or bankrutcy are a good option.

I have a question however. I see you've been a cagger for some time and made 34 posts so clearly you've been soaking up CAG information for a while and indeed posted responses to others and yet you're posting a question which shows not the first idea about how to deal with your own problem. This is not a critisism of you but I'm intrigued. Despite being on the forum for sometime you still have no idea about how to tackle your own problem? Clearly the forum must be failing in its educative role!

I have to confess that my instinct is that the post is a bit wiffy but perhaps I'm getting paranoid in my old age!

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your post on this thread. I don't know what your intention was,as your post was not constructive, so all I can do is answer your question.:confused:

I have been a member of this forum for some time. I do not however,live sleep and breathe it.

There is almost an information overload on this site and on the internet in general. My situation is not unique, but neither is it bog standard and with the added problem of self employment it is certainly not simple.

Maybe a "self-employed" section would be of use.

It is not that I don't have a clue how to sort my problems out, I would just like to be as informed as possible. There are not enough hours in the day,I am trying to run a business and sort this out which is not easy and whilst I do not expect it to be "easy", I could equally do without posts like yours that do not add anything for anyone who uses this site.

Regards

Fishtank

Start with looking forward. The first thing to consider is your pension. As that is next to nothing, you don't want to go into retirement with a mortgage and hopefully not paying any rent either, so your house should be at the top of the list.

That brings us to GE Money. I would suspect that their payments are quit steep each month as they don't offer the best interest rates. If your credit file is clean, you must be able to get a better rate than the one you're paying now, have a look around and make an appointment to see an independent financial advisor (IFA) for some advice. They are free as they make there money on commission and you don't have to take any offer they may come up with, you can take it home and have a good study first.

S/he might even be able to come up with a plan that will move you away from GE and into the mainstream lenders which might include your credit cards so that you can pay them off.

I take it that as your business is, as you say, young, that you're not paying a full stamp so you keep the bills down, so your goal should be to get everything paid for by the time your 60. I don't know how old you are, but even if your only 20 and retirement seems a long way off, it isn't.

What you do is to divide all your debts including council tax, utilities and living costs by the amount of years between now and your 60th birthday and that will show the minimum amount you must earn.

I know I have mentioned retirement a few times, but it must be kept in mind otherwise you will have worked all you life building up a business and get no return from it.

Have a go at the figures before you decide to look at IVA and see if you can work something else out. An IVA is not always the best solution.

But go see that IFA for advice. If anything can be done, they will do it. A couple of years being lean now can make one hell of a difference to the rest of your life, so see what you can do without at home, reduce your broadband speed to a cheaper plan, get a freeview box if you can't do without tv, but it's worth having a go at listening to the radio, you might just find that you enjoy it and can then save a couple of hundred a year on the license.

If you have a family, it's worth all getting around the table and having a good chat to see what you can come up with and let them in on any fears you may have. It will take one hell of a weight off your mind.

Edited by Conniff
  • Haha 1