hfC account settled with experian?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

I had posted this in 2 other threads by mistake, oopps!

I have checked my credit report and it states the my HFC account is settled, but the last statement has an outstanding balance of over £1600!!???

I have asked experian to check and the have confirmed the account being shown as settled, but they are checking with HFC.

I check at the start of the year and the account was show active with regular payments.

But it is strange!!!

Any Thoughts on this?

Cheers

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

PPI vs Halifax one card - WON

CPW- ongoing to remove default :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Had the following response off experian:

Thank you for your emails, which we received on 18 and 21 May 2010.

RE: HFC Bank plc account started 29/10/07.

- I can confirm that this HFC Bank account is marked as settled on 16/12/08 and shows a £0 balance.

- The credit limit shown is purely historical information. Please be assured that anyone searching your report will see that as the account is settled, you no longer have access to this credit facility and therefore this account has no adverse effect on your credit rating.

- Please accept my sincere apologies for any confusion caused by my colleague's previous correspondence as this account should not have been queried with HFC Bank plc as it is correctly recorded.

- We keep settled accounts on your credit report for six years from the date of settlement.

Where would i stand if i stop payments to HFC??

Cheers

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

Has anyone got any views on this, or has it happened to anyone?

I want to write HFC a letter with a copy of the email from experian to say' as experian have my account as settled then i shall cancel my DD and consider the account closed'?

Many Thanks for any comments

Zoommjpzoom

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

Have you only ever had the one account with HFC?

I wonder if they've misallocated a payment from someone else to your account resulting in the account being marked as settled? If so, then this's bound to crop up again at some point.

Maybe worth your while sending them a SAR to see what their records show and then take things from there.

surely the answer lies in your hfc agreement that you have?

didn't refinance did you and thats the old loan and the new one has not been registered because of a change of a/c number?

sadly hfc are the pits when it comes to looking after customers....i'm shocked to see this mistook though..

do the a/c numbers match betweenthe letter you have and the experian report?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am going to ask for subject access request for a number of reasons, this one and PPI.

I did have a old account but that was settled in 2007, not in 2008.

DX - Yes HFC are the pits, If experian has been told the account is settled for some reason, surley HFc cant put a default against something that is settled?

Thanks for the replys

Cheers

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

Sounds like they've possibly recorded the old account as settled late and as such I'd get it corrected. Does it show as settled in 2008 with Equifax and CallCredit as well?

You're correct that a default can't be registered after an account is settled but as you've got a second account with them then they can record a default in the event if fail to maintain payment.

My only experience of HFC is when my dad borrowed some money from them years ago and had he not kept all his paperwork including proof of all the payments he'd made he'd have ended up paying back significantly more than he had borrowed.

I remember during one call he made to them where he mentioned how much he'd paid back and the person asked how he knew that to which he replied that he'd kept all of payment receipts. Oh was the reply. He got it sorted in the end but it took a while and I'll never touch them.

I have checked with credit check and it is the same, settled dec 2008. It showing the same account number as most recent payments made.

Now question is:

1. Do i stop paying them and say as far as the CRA state the account has been settled?

2. And also all the payments made from the settlement date until present i am due back?

3. If i stop paying them they cant default against me as that account is being shown as settled?

Cheers for your thoughts.

(interesting one!!)

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

I'd check your HFC paperwork to see if the account you're paying has the same reference as the one showing as settled.

My gut feeling is that there may be a reporting error here and while it's tempting to take advantage of this it may come back to haunt you leaving you with a potentially complicated dispute to sort out.

I have check the account number and it is the same as what is being show settled. I know what your saying, i will write to them to fire a warning shot to say as the account is showing settled then i'll take it as settled.

Thank you santa!!

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

• 4 months later...
I have check the account number and it is the same as what is being show settled. I know what your saying, i will write to them to fire a warning shot to say as the account is showing settled then i'll take it as settled.

Thank you santa!!

I've got the same issue. How did you get on?

No, they are not responding to my letter! Don't know what to do next? The letter even did say" formal letter of complaint"

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing