Mr Gary Kettle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the same story as Mr M Bowden at HSBC - just waiting for confirmation of this...

BTW wilipwoy - did you get the Halifax lawyer's name?

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You wouldn't believe it would you? That really made me smile! I'd summons him too, just to see what their reaction was. They would look VERY silly, wouldn't they? Wonder where they came up with the name? x

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Halifax claim filed 25/4/06 £1887.09 - SETTLED 17/5/06

Halifax 2nd claim filed for £305.15 on 14.5.06 - SETTLED 25/5/05

Halifax at it again! £28 charge made 31.5.06. Prelim 7.6.06!!

GE Money - prelim sent 7.6.06 - £63.00

Mr ChipsandSausages

Natwest DPA sent 18th May 2006 - statements rec'd 7.6.06

There are tmes when I greatly enjoy the thought of getting the banks to repay the money they have unlawfully taken. There are also times when I enjoy the thought of making the banks jump through hoops- an experience they enjoy inflicting on others.

Finally there are times when I enjoy the whole damned thing. This is one of those times.

PS If the signatory on the letter is computer generated it does rather torpedo the manual intervention argument.

Gary's not real? I was so looking forward to speaking to him :( lol

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Did you request a transcript of the tape? It would make good reading.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I find this totally unbelievable. Just when I thought there was nothing else that the Halifax could do that would surprise me they pull yet another rabbit out of another hat!!!

Surely it can't be right that they just make up a name for a computer generated signatory? After all they are required to be so meticulous now in the collection of our personal data all in the name of combatting fraud.

Surely they are required to advise us that this is a computer generated signatory and not a real person? Why do they not sign their letters "for and on behalf of Halifax PLC" instead of leading us to believe that Mr Kettle really exists?

This one really does beggar belief!!!!

Well, I don't know who is fooling who. If you Google the

Chartered Institute of Bankers combined with Garry R D Kettle, you will be taken to a list of the Fellows of the Chartered Institue of Bankers, one of whom is Garry R D Kettle, who is listed as working for Halifax plc. That's a lot of effort for someone who doesn't exist. Methinks the lawyers are having a bit of fun!

It could be that he's left and they have just carried on using his name.

That looks about right to me. When you google his name He does appear as a fellow of CIB, but when you open the corresponding pdf document that lists all the fellows, his name no longer appears.

I was just about to post a really silly comment then.....

Does this mean that the letters are not legally binding then

But of course they arent legally binding even if signed with the blood of the chairman

Silly me!

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

1/3 offered by phone 20/04/06 - Rejected

BCT Status

Statements Recieved 31/03/06

Capital One Status

Recieved Lie/Reply 24/04/06

;) Pm me in private, I have a genuine piece of the Berlin Wall to sell to you :D...

Ive got the ships wheel from the Titanic. I think thats why they couldnt turn the damn thing:rolleyes:

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

1/3 offered by phone 20/04/06 - Rejected

BCT Status

Statements Recieved 31/03/06

Capital One Status

Recieved Lie/Reply 24/04/06

Thank you for enlightening us re Mr Gary Kettle. We suspected he did not exist last year when he started 'borrowing' money from our account and I tried to speak with him. Even the manager of my branch was not told he wasn't real. She could get nothing from his department and we were no wiser as to the sudden slashing of our overdraft.

I am sending a preliminary letter tomorrow to claim back £1778-00 mostly from the past eighteen months. If it wasn't so serious, it would be laughable. But I will wait for my money back before smiling.

Cheers all and good luck.

Warm wishes

Andy Moore

That looks about right to me. When you google his name He does appear as a fellow of CIB, but when you open the corresponding pdf document that lists all the fellows, his name no longer appears.

It doesn't on the PDF document, but I think I looked at the HTML page and saw it there. But perhaps he has left Halifax. His bonus should allow him to retire to the Bahamas!

It doesn't on the PDF document, but I think I looked at the HTML page and saw it there. But perhaps he has left Halifax. His bonus should allow him to retire to the Bahamas!

His bonus allowed him to BUY the Bahamas, and most of it came from my account

Google works by "crawling" a document and indexing its content. Suggesting that GK once appeard on the page when it was crawled, but since then he has been removed and the page hasn't been crawled by google since.

Cheers,

Leigh

Halifax A/c #1:

Court Claim Submitted: 05/06/2006 £1,836.36 - SETTLED IN FULL 22/06/2006!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks