Need some advice about magistrates court fines.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Im looking for a bit of advice regarding an oustanding court fine, ill fill you in on the story.

Back in may 2002 i passed my driving test age 17, my parents bought me a car and paid for my insurance, as all new young drivers i took to the streets most nights with friends and drove for hours, because i was a young lad in a new sporty car i often got pulled over by the police i say often what it really was was harrasment, in 1 week i received 21 producers from 4 police officers it seemed ike they made it there mission to pull me everytime they spotted me.

Anyway i took the producers to the local police station and produced, 4 months later i was dragged in front of the magistrates court for failing to produce my driving license and insurance certificate, it appears with the many tickets i received i had mis placed 1 and failed to produce, i was no longer driving my car at this point and did not have an insurance certificate as it was given back, i also had not sent my provisional back to the dvla to be converted into a full liscense but i did have my pass certificate, the courts allowed NO time for me to get a letter from insurance and proceeded to with the charges of No insurance and no liscense i received 6 points on my liscence and had to retake my test, i did not attend court due to health reasons but did submit a letter to the court, i wasnt made aware of the outcome for a further 9 weeks during the latter 4 weeks i started to drive again and was again pulled only this time arrested for being what effectively was a ban. I received a further 3 points and a £280 court fine, so that 9 points on my new fairly new liscense and court fee's totaling £700..

A few yrs passed and i continued to drive knowing i held no ledgitimite driving liscence i was very sour about what had happenedsince i had passed my test before cut a long story short i was stopped again and prosecuted for no liscence my own fault i now i was young and immature any way they placed my on Tag for 9 weeks and ordered me to pay a further £300 add that to the previous driving fines that had gone unpaid totals £1000 a yr later i thee was a no bail warrant for my arrest for failure to pay i was arrested and hauled before a judge quite rightly and they agreed i could make affordable monthly payments which i did for 2 mths then paid the balance off out right this was back in 2005.

3 weeks ago i received a court letter and a date that had already passed, i was rarther confused as to what this was all about since i have been legitimately driving since i passed my test again (when i grew up) in 2008 i contacted the courts and they inform me that there was an outstanding fine for no liscence and insurance dating back to 2002.

To my knowledge i had paid this fine off yrs ago but i have no proof any longer that it was paid they tell me i have to pay this fine or they will issue another no bail warrant and will be hauled before the judge again, now this at my age now does scare me i have left all the ignorance behind me and i am a law abiding citizen BUT i wount pay a fine i have already paid.

Can anyone give me any advice about what i should do now because i am losing sleep over this the courts said i could face going to prison if this isnt dealt with in 7days and there is also now a failure to pay warrant for my arrest :eek:

it is now 8yrs ago since the actual conviction even though i DID pay it how can they chase me for it 8yrs after? Can anyone give me any advice on what i shud do please.

I thank you in advance of your response and sorry for the long winded post just wanted to give you all the infomation..

i'll get this moved to the legal section

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...