• Tweets

• l'm Abigale and l'll be looking after your case for you. My goal is to help you get a fair outcome and avoid couri action but I see you failed to pay following my previous letter. I wanted to remind you of the case analysis I completed for you. Results of your case analysis: amount owed f170.00 / ls there clear evidence of a breach of the contract? Yes / Are you liable for this charge? Yes / ls the Parking Operator a member of an Accredited Trade Association? Yes / Does the Parking Operator comply with relevant legislation? Yes / Does the parking site have clear signage relating to charges? Yes / Have we completed a full trace of your contact details? Yes / Has the original discount offering now been lost? Yes / Has the right to appeal the ticket now passed? Yes / Are the charges appropriate and fair as defined by the Parking Trade Association? Yes x Can the client evidence that you intend not to pay your debt? No / ls yorr case eligible for court action if you choose not to pay? Yes Monitoring active: intent not to pay evidence I of 3 collected Our cliewho caresserves the right to take 'no response' as evidence of intent not to pay  This letter from Abigale is disgraceful. How can she say that she is trying to get you a fair outcome when you are being asked to pay £170?  This is followed by a spurious "analysis". 1] There is no evidence of any breach since we do not know if the double yellow lines are council or Premier. 2] are you liable for the breach as the keeper? No-the PCN is not compliant.. As the driver then? No. In any event Abigale cannot set herself up as the JUdge. 3]are you liable for the charge? NO 4] the parking operator is a member of a discredited trade association. 5] no 6] no idea as we haven't seen all the signage. 7] who cares 8] who cares 9] who cares 10] no the charges are not fair nor appropriate There is no debt so there is nothing to pay.
    • its not weird, it's just you've to date either not been reading up as self help as you should or are getting confused.   when a debt is sold it must have been defaulted - else the debt buyer is up the creek latterly ever trying to enforce it. you can have 2 entries for the same debt, but that doesn't mean its hurting you score twice.   ideally what should happen is the entry concerning the original creditor simply gets re-named to the debt buyer, they 'inherit' whatever the OC has done, but it shows now under their buyers name.    CRA providers want to make themselves oh so important to you, so will often leave the old entry and create a new one...wow you've got problems..go fund our mates at the various debt orgs and get scammed into paying money blindly to them....   as long as the registered defaulted date in the debt summary is not changed by the debt buyer then thats all you have to check, you ignore the monthly calendar section, that immaterial and only you and the debt owner can see it, it plays no part upon your score, or shouldn't.
    • get on what?   you should be ignoring bouncing and blocking emails.   dx
    • Thanks dx. Weird thing is, I don't ever recall receiving a default notice from MBNA, there's no default notice in the SAR correspondence from MBNA and there's no default registered by them on my credit file (only one from PRA). Whereas with some of the others, e.g. NatWest, there's a default registered at the date they sold the debt on (from NatWest) and then also one from Cabot Financial (who they sold the debt onto).     My wife has a similar situation with a Barclaycard, according to her credit file they've never defaulted her, there's no default notice in the SAR correspondence, but this one is slightly different in so far as Link Financial (who the debt has been sold onto) have never defaulted her either (credit file shows a 'debt' that's being serviced).   My frustration is that I specifically requested default notices in my SAR requests as I was confused by the dates of some of them on my credit file and wanted to x-ref...   Hang on, scratch that, I was only checking my Experian report, having also checked my Equifax report MBNA have defaulted me, no default on either report for my wife though?!
    • it can't hurt to ring natwest and ask where the missing data is, there's usually a phone number quoted on the SAR reply cover letter.   as for MBNA, they would have defaulted you on or before sale to PRA. They must do this as part of sale process, else the debt buyer has no legal legs under section 87 of the CCA. you are correct that a debt buyer cannot issue a default notice.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Empingham

ascint57

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife received a letter today threatening enforcement action for a debt.

She has 1 ccj which we pay via the court each month.

I rang the number and Harry Ellis tells me that unless we agree a payment schedule they will enforce visits from the bailiff. I mistakenly took the debt for the ccj she has and nearly gave him a payment, but backed off until I could check it out with the original debt company. He was not amused.

On looking into it, she doesn't have this debt, and certainly no ccj. If she did it was over 6 years old anyway.

What to do next ?

Er, Harry Ellis is a rugby player.....

As it is a CCJ only the court can demand further payments, I would ring the court and send any letter you may have from this lot to them, the court is there to help you against these sharks.

I would also complain to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct as there is NO WAY a company can force you to pay more than a court has demanded.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Er, Harry Ellis is a rugby player.....

As it is a CCJ only the court can demand further payments, I would ring the court and send any letter you may have from this lot to them, the court is there to help you against these sharks.

I would also complain to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct as there is NO WAY a company can force you to pay more than a court has demanded.

The CCj that his wife has is not for the alleged debt Harry Ellis is after. He has lied about a CCJ.

Complaints have to be made though all the same, to the OFT, TS.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Hi there

I also received a letter from these people, saying it was in reference to a CCJ recently filed against me.. Well, I have received no court papers for anything of the sort, and haven't had a previous address for nigh on twenty years.

The letter is lying in an attempt to recover a debt out of the 6 year scope (which I had completely forgotten about). I'll read the link above and decide what to do about it.

Have you heard anything else from them? In my letter (also from Harry Ellis) they said they were going to send a doorstep collector..

Toffee