• Tweets

• Dear Sir/Madam, TFL case number: **** I would like to thank TFL for providing me the opportunity to explain my behaviour. I realised the stupidity of what I have done and wish to seek a resolution to this matter. I have no valid excuse for this action and I am extremely sorry and deeply regret my action. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Nothing can justify my action. I am aware that TFL are only able to operate if everyone pays their fare correctly and I feel so guilty about attempting to breach public trust. This has caused me sleepness nights and raised my anxieties. I have history of anxiety. This has been a hard lesson learnt. I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and I ensure that I won’t be in the future. I am and will be using my oyster card (PAYG). I would like to humbly appeal to TFL to allow me to settle this matter out of court and avoid going to prosecution given the adverse consequences it can have on me and my family. I am very concerned that prosecution for the first time and I would like to make restitution for my action. Having a criminal offense on my record will have detrimental consequences on me. I have always been a law abiding person and have no previous offences. I would really appreciate if I can be given the opportunity to pay for any unpaid fares plus any charges and/or administrative cost which have been incurred by TFL due to this incident. I am sincerely remorseful and ashamed of myself, and I fully appreciate the severity and stupidity of my transgressions. Again, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. Yours Faithfully, My Name
    • the date is 19/04/24, so i have until 29/4/24 to reply? Yes, i will send my draft of my begging letter   
    • use the webform if it allows you to attach your evidential documents then do so but do that later depending upon who your bank is.... - but i suspect you will be referred to Mastercard. who is your bank? dx    
    • If i did it through the bank, they seem to have an online form. I wondered if this is the best way or to do a letter, add supporting documents and send them through the post, recorded delivery  ?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyds Credit Card

vancouver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a thread on the BC account regarding my various cards. With the Lloyds one, I've been unable to keep up with payments and requested a short term freeze on interest and reduced payments. Both of these were refused so I've haven't paid them for three months now.

I sent off the CCA request and got sent a print out of their current T&C's but nothing else other than, going by other threads, a standard we don't need to supply you with anything else as the account pre dates May 1985. I then sent off the improperly supplied CCA second letter and have now had the, we have supplied you with sufficient information pay us and make a complaint to FOS if not happy.

I haven't yet sent off an SAR but aside from this is there anything else I can respond with? I simply don't have the funds to pay them and without them agreeing to my request I can't see what else to do now.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Had more phone calls(though no where near as many as B'Card! 4/5 per day)and a couple of letters from their internal 'solicitors' and now their internal 'debt' collectors. I've responded in writing and disputed the validity of the account due to the lack of CCA contents/response and am awaiting the response to the SAR but in the meantime it has gone all quiet for nearly two weeks now.

Is this normal operating procedure for them and is it likely to be the calm before the storm?

no cca = no pay.

have you looked at unlawful charges & p'haps mis-sold PPI?

keep sending them £1PCM

i'd pay 'something' on a regular basis.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Interesting, had a letter from Lloyds about my 'complaint', they uphold it and wont keep ringing my numbers!! However yesterday, after previously seeing off MHA Collections and SCM,they have now handed the file to Moorcroft, despite the account being in dispute.

The letter from them is from their laughingly headed 'Pre Court Division', how impressive! It tells me to pay the full amount now, or make an agreement by the 28th with them. Would I be correct in the assumption that Lloyds have breached the Data Protection Act by passing on my details to a third party?

For their part, Lloyds have still only sent me an undated, unsigned list of T&C's, which have no obvious connection to my credit card account and even have my current address on them, I have moved three times since the card was taken out. They tell me as it was taken out before May 1985, they have no obligation to supply me with any other information although they are 'looking' for the original agreement. What is the legal situation on this date? are they correct or is this just made up like the CCA supplied.

i would think it will eventually get sold on then you might be able to over a very loe F&F to close the matter.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Wrote to inform them their client was in breach of the Data Protection Act and that I was reporting them to the ICO. The account was in dispute and they had no right to correspond on my account. Today they have replied saying any action is being put on hold subject to them receiving a response from their client!

In the meantime I still have received nothing that relates to my account,only the print out of T&C's apparently from 2002, years after my account was opened. It will be interesting to see what the results of the SAR bring!

• 7 months later...

In January, after a six month break and hearing absolutely nothing, I suddenly hear from a DCA called Robinson Way, as well as a letter from Lloyds telling me they will supply the documentation requested but in the meantime I must pay up . I responded to both and got a further letter from Lloyds telling me, they won't respond anymore, whereas Robinson Way said they would take instructions from their client. I wrote back again arguing about the abuse of the Data Protection Act and the fact the a/c was obviously in dispute etc. Got another 'final response' letter but still received nothing from them by way of documentation on the account, their letter also refers to my loan a/c when in fact it's a CCA.

Had two letters this morning, one from the DCAlink3.gif saying they have again referred back to their client following my last letter. The other from Lloydslink3.gif, basically saying they are not going to talk to me any more and enclosing their last two letters, effectively saying the same thing. However in their letter from the beginning of January they obviously stated they would be sending through the requested documents, I've received nothing and they haven't responded to this specific point in the last two letters, nor have they confirmed why their most recent correspondence now says I have a loan account, when it's a CCA. The DCA, Robinson Way, (who I believe should not have been appointed as the account was in dispute) seem concerned enough by my protestations to keep responding and referring back to Lloyds.

In the meantime I have still received nothing that relates to my account, other than the basic two page print out of T&C's from a different year and no signaturelink3.gif, incorrect address etc. It's also dated about twenty years after I took the card out. Should I just stick to my guns and play call my bluff or do you think they might try and reach a settlement on the A/C or should I just continue to press for the documentation they have specifically said would be sent to me?

Hi there! I am in a similar position to you in that i am disputing the validity of the reconstructed CCA LTSB have supplied. I have been through the ****, MHA, Wescot and Robinson Way mill. Each time I have written back stating the account is in dispute and they wont get a penny until I see a true copy - MY OPINION of a true copy and not what they see it as! Just this week I have had a letter from Robinson stating...

"With reference to your recent contact, our client has advised us your dispute has been rejected and you remain fully liable for the balance outstanding. We trust this resolves your query and we now require your proposal for payment sent to us in the next 14 days."

I'm very bored now and have them on at least two issues, which i wont discuss here due to trolls... However, being bored now I have basically sent them a put up or shut up letter and informing them that save for service of summons all future post will be filed unanswered, and that is exactly what I intend to do! Annoyingly, I forgot to include any reference to money laundering regulations because they appear to have lost my original agreement... assuming there was one, of course...

My position differs from yours in that my card was (allegedly) opened post 1987. The CCA is different for people with cards older than 1985... I cant remember the exact differences but it amounts to what they are required to send in response to a CCA request.

Hi Disgruntled,

Looks like there's lot of going around in circles with Lloyds and their DCA's, funny enough I had two different letters from the same person, telling me they wouldn't respond again. Both dated on different dates but both referring to the same letter that I'd sent.

Out of interest does anyone know what the law is on pre 1985 agreements and what they should be supplying me with.

The regulations on supplying copy documents ((Consumer Credit (cancellation notices and copies of documents) regulations 1983/1988-)) state that for an agreemement prior to 1985 the creditor only needs to provide a copy of current terms & conditions if they no longer can provide a true copy of the original.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?210754

Thanks Disgruntled, it does look like they should still have supplied more than a print out of current T&C's though, under my SAR request, which obviously they have failed to do. Mind you I can't see it meaning anything to them as they just choose to ignore everything.

Should I just stick to my guns and play call my bluff or do you think they might try and reach a settlement on the A/C or should I just continue to press for the documentation they have specifically said would be sent to me?

IMHumbleO I would await the next letter and respond accordingly, having seen what they have got to say! There are a number of routes open to you... Give in and pay up... Reiterate account is in dispute due to invalid CCA response (seems that they have sent a valid response though)... try the CPUTR letter route...

• 7 months later...

Well having seen off MHA, SCM, Robinson Way, Moorcroft and still arguing with Apex/NCO Europe, I started to get phone calls from AIC today!! Obviously I didn't answer but I can't believe how Lloyds continue to flaunt all the rules laid down, I've had no notification from them yet again, that they have appointed another DCA. So I've now got Apex/NCO and AIC on the case, unless they are one and the same?

Equally NCO replied to my complaint that their client's have already sent a final response in the matter and they and their clients haven't breached any rules or guidelines, not quite accurate as I've had three final responses! Of course I've still had no further documentation as promised by Lloyds and according to the thread regarding the pre 1985 agreements, one of the posters commented

"The 1985 cut off relates to CCAs under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. It has no bearing on the Data Protection Act 1998.A Subject access request under S7 of the DPA 98 relates to ALL data held by the data controller. There is no time limit. The only stipulation is that a data controller should only keep data about a person whilst it is still relevant to do so or there is a statutory limit, eg keeping documents for 5 years after the termination of the relationship because of Money Laundering Regulations."

As the account was still active I guess they should have supplied me with the information requested and as promised in one of their 'final response' letters. Is it now worth escalating this to a formal complaint with the Ombudsman, as they just keep switching from one DCA to another and this process just starts all over again. Also from checking out AIC on the forum they seem to be the 'bully boys' of DCA's so this should be interesting.....