welsh dragon V Mortgage Express

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Mortage express took me to court for arrears of about £1,300 I had already sent them 2 letters offering to pay the arrears off at £80.00 per month they did not respond. I went to court and the Judge was very helpful he said I would pay £40.00 per month off the arrears and if that became more difficult I should come back and he would reduce the arrears I had to pay back. The judge also told me to ensure that if charges had been added to my account I should write to them asking for them to be removed.

I wrote to Mortgage Express sent it recorded delivery asking for the charges to be removed. Today I recieved a letter from them saying that t

1. That they did not recieve my last two letters offering to pay arrears off

2. The solicitors costs to take the matter to court

3. All the telephone calls made to me (Which I never answered)

4.They say the fees applied to my account since November, an administration fee is charged for every month my account was in arrears.

the fees charged are in fact less than the actual costs which they incur as a business.

The costs charged include Making customers aware they are in arrears

Requesting, reviewing, accepting and monitoring arrangements for clearing any arrears amounts

Refering the matter to debt councellors and liaising with solitors when necessary to do so.

THE fee also includes postage stationary and staffing costs and a proportionate share of the costs in maintaining our premisies and computer systems.

They also say that there internal complaints proceeduce has been exhausted and this is our final response letter REFER it to the FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN

Can any body help or advise do I need to ask for a full statement of all arrears charges made to date including Interest?

I am so stressed I am having difficulty writing the approp letters can anybody take the time to help me please thanks

• 2 weeks later...

This may be of interest to you.;)

FSA cracks down on mortgage arrears charges - Telegraph

I'll see if I can come up with anything else. :-)

Sounds like you had a great judge.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Full details here.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/kensington.pdf

Obviously this is a different company, but the principle is the same.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Full details here.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/kensington.pdf

Obviously this is a different company, but the principle is the same.

Hi Caro

Thanks for your post yes the Judge was great very help full just need to know which way to go and I need help writting to the om with a letter of complaint.

Welshdragon - is your property a BTL, if so have you read the thread-

Mortgage Express appoints Walker Singleton receivers to scare tenants off.

There seems to be a lot of people in the same boat, and you may get a good idea on how to proceed.