firstship
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After reading a number of threads

I think I have made a mistake.

I have 2 debts with Natwest

1. overdraft

1. loan account which they have combined together

and I have been paying them an agreed amount

.In 2008 I managed to get them to put in writing that they cannot produce an agreement for the loan

and further they agreed that all of the money I pay them will be deducted from the overdraft only

and it will revert to paying of the loan account when the overdraft is paid.

According to their statements they are sticking to that arrangement

.I am not paying any interest,and I have recovered all of the charges

,and rather than rock the boat,

it is my intention when the overdraft is paid

I will then say I am stopping payments as the Loan Account has no Agreement .

The threads I have been reading all say banks cannot combine debts .

I think I have shot myself in the foot,

i s this the case,

or can I make them separate the accounts

or do I stick with the current arrangement until the overdraft is paid...........................FS

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

QUESTION..............

....can Natwest combine 2 debts..

......1 current account and 1 Loan account.....

.......is this legal?????????.......

.....How often are they required to send statements????????????????.

..thanks....FS

No they shouldn't,

but be aware they seem to have something called a "router"?

Which I think is like a "customer number" or "reference number" which will easily identify you and your accounts.

However, you should still be able to pay into two seperate accounts if you have two seperate debts

• 1 month later...

This has surfaced again........

....1 loan account.

.1overdraft,

asked for statements now 2 separate account numbers,

however I make one payment under the loan account number,

and all of the payment is applied to the overdraft

,have asked Natwest why and they state,

the interest was applied at the begining of the loan and has been paid

and they are happy that the payment is going to the OD

and when thats paid they will apply my payments to the loan

(for which they do not have an agreement,confirmed by Natwest)

I think they are playing what I think is an illegal game as by paying Natwest Loan account

and passing all the money to the overdraft I am confirming the existence of the loan account..

...ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS ANYONE??????...FS

ANY LEGAL EAGLE.any views on Natwest sneeky move on collecting monies for these 2 accounts....................FS

ANY LEGAL EAGLE.any views on Natwest sneeky move on collecting monies for these 2 accounts....................FS

Have you made a DSAR?

It'll cost you a tenner but worth it.

sar

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Hi..

...Paulwlton....

...........sorry perhaps did not give enough info,

done CCA and DSAR both over 1 year ago.

The loan agreement Natwest admit does not exist,

however under my DMP,

the payments are made to the Loan account which Natwest then transfer to the overdraft in total,

and I have a feeling this is illegal as it appears by paying the monies to the loan on paper

I am confirming the existence of the loan account.

I do not want to rock the boat as I am interest free on the OD..............FS

Have you made a DSAR?

Firstship, so sorry to intrude on your thread but I'm trying to get a hold of Paul - Andyorch has suggested I get in touch and ask you to look at my thread' Big Overdraft - must respond to court claim - please help' as it involves a Natwest router account. Post 329 will give you a synopsis of the legal chronology so far.

Thank you in advance and apologies to Firstship - and good luck to you!

Martel

Martel................not sure how to answer your thread,this Natwest router account has been quoted to me,but I am unsure how to reply,try one of the site managers,I do not want to 2nd guess an answer as this is not what this very helpful site is about.....................FS

Martel................not sure how to answer your thread,this Natwest router account has been quoted to me,but I am unsure how to reply,try one of the site managers,I do not want to 2nd guess an answer as this is not what this very helpful site is about.....................FS

Firstship, thanks for this......in fact, Paul has been in touch and is helping! So, thank you for allowing my intrusion on your thread....and I wish you so much luck.....Best, Martel

• 2 months later...

Sorry guys.

.want to surface this Natwest problem again.....

..............Pay Natwest through CCCS dmp who pay one amount to Natwest which is for 2 accounts,

Natwest want the payment paid to the Loan Acount number,

but apply the full amount paid each month to the Overdraft which has a different account number

I have CCAd Natwest ref the loan account and they admit they cannot produce a copy of the signed agreement,

because the dmp money is paid to the loan account this I think means Natwest are making sure SB is not possible in the future,

and also they are in a position to claim that I have been paying money into the loan account,

bearing in mind the full amount is then applied to the overdraft

,this is confirmed by virtue of the fact that the loan account is the same amount outstanding

as it was 3 years ago (no interest being charged..........

..This is surely illegal, my further problem is CCCS will not now allow you to take a creditor of the list based on CCA non availability.....any ideas please....................FS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Miss muppet...............No I have not made a formal complaint.................will have a go and see what there response is not to much to lose.,thanks very much for your time......................FS

• 4 months later...

Its taken 2 letters of complaint to even raise an answer from Natwest,which simply states;

We acknowledge receipt of your letter of complaint, after investigation your payments made through your DMP(CCCS)will continue to be included in the programme as the debt is valid.

We confirm that we shall continue to accept monthly payments to accountXXXXXXXXXX(this is the bank account) and when repaid,repayments will be applied to XXXXXXX loan account.

The loan account is the account that they admit they do not have an agreement for (this letter dated June 2009) so this is the account that is not valid,but payments are made to this account and then transferred internally to the bank account in total.which in my view is Natwests method of being able to confirm that I have been making payments to an account that is not valid and avoids me going for SB at a future date

FS

Question as you can see Natwest have put 2 accounts under one roof for collection purposes ( in my case DMP) 1 is a bank account 1 is a loan account the question being can they do this?

FS

Did you send a DSAR?

Winston Churchill

Hi Paul.Yes CCA and SAR .the loan account they admit they do not have an agreement for. 3 years ago set up DMP with CCCS and Natwest decided to put the 2 accounts together under 1 account number,which is the Loan Account(no agreement) they then do an internal transfer and transfer the full amount to the bank account debt

SAR shows this and current statements confirm the same.the loan account amount is the same as it was over 3 years ago I think they are doing this to stop me going for SB on the loan account at a future date ,that is why I ask the question can they do this. Am on 0% interest.

Their current reply states No they will keep the 2 accounts together and when the Bank Account is paid my payments will be credited to the Loan account as the debt is valid and should be repaid

Not trying to duck the debt I just get annoyed when the Banks ignore what I think(not sure) is not legal banking practice.

Regards FS

Hi Paul.Yes CCA and SAR .the loan account they admit they do not have an agreement for. 3 years ago set up DMP with CCCS and Natwest decided to put the 2 accounts together under 1 account number,which is the Loan Account(no agreement) they then do an internal transfer and transfer the full amount to the bank account debt

SAR shows this and current statements confirm the same.the loan account amount is the same as it was over 3 years ago I think they are doing this to stop me going for SB on the loan account at a future date ,that is why I ask the question can they do this. Am on 0% interest.

Their current reply states No they will keep the 2 accounts together and when the Bank Account is paid my payments will be credited to the Loan account as the debt is valid and should be repaid

Not trying to duck the debt I just get annoyed when the Banks ignore what I think(not sure) is not legal banking practice.

Regards FS

Could you post up statements?

Winston Churchill

Sorry have to say NCD, new wireless printer and at the moment have no idea how to scan and transfer the scanned copy back to my Mac,along with downloading a link when making a reply to threads,give me a little time and I will work it out I THINK

FS

• 7 months later...

Only an update,Natwest want me to fill in an I&E,but as I pay a reduced amount now through CCCS who have sent them my current I&E along with my list of creditors and what they are being paid.I have replied to Natwest,as you have a current I&E and payments are made through CCCS I see no need to fill in your I&E form.

As the payments are now £5 per month on the loan a/c balance still £6200 approx same as 3 years ago and the bank account balance £2200 approx,all payments are taken of the bank account,if it stays with Natwest which I doubt,I guess they will sell it on.

As previously stated Natwest have joined these 2 accounts although showing separate account numbers and all payments are being credited to the bank account£2200, which means the loan account £6200 which they have put clearly in writing they do not have an agreement for will go SB at some stage in the future now 2 1/2 years time,unless as I have always thought they have put the 2 accounts under 1 roof to stop SB as I have indicated.I have asked the question before can they run 2 accounts under 1 payment plan?

Regards FS

Hello FS,

I notice earlier on in your thread you stated that you did not wish to rock the boat by altering the account the payments were going to, since NatWest had frozen interest on the (overdrawn) current account. Presumably, if you had wished, you could have instructed CCCS to pay directly to the current account, rather than the loan account, but have chosen not to do so?

I also note that you state it is your intent to stop paying them when the balance of the current account is reduced to zero, and the payments would then come off the loan account, since by their own admission they do not have an enforcable agreement for the loan account.

That being the case I would suggest you accept the situation as is. Admittedly it pushes further into the future the date when the loan account debt will be statute barred. However since I presume the loan account is showing as defaulted on your credit report, it will have dropped off long before becoming statute barred anyway. Alternatively if it is important to you to start the statute barred clock sooner, then instruct CCCS to pay the money to the current account forthwith.

Hi thanks for your reply,CCCS can be very awkward if you want to move the goalposts with your creditors,

You are correct I still do not want to rock the boat the 0% is very useful .and as you suggest I will accept the situation as is for now

Many thanks Regards FS

• 6 months later...

Update.........letter from Natwest asking once again for I&E although I pay them through CCCS .An additional statement, they have made it very clear, that they accept that they cannot enforce the loan element through the courts a/c XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX however I should be aware that I am still required to pay them.

Its nice of them to put in writing that they cant/wont take me to court as they have no agreement or application details,so as suggested above by IainHL just sit on the fence until it becomes SB.The I&E I will refer back to CCCS.

Anyone see any problems????????

Thanks FS

Hello again FS,

How close are you to the point at which the current account has a zero balance? (I presume NatWest are moving your payments from the loan account to the current account internally?) In other words, how close are you to the point at which you stop paying anything at all to NatWest (despite their assertion that you should still pay them!)? For, of course, it is not until then that the statue barred clock starts.

Also, and I realise it is a somewhat opaque question, since I presume your correspondence with NatWest comes from CMS Telford, has a /ARCH/ appeared in their reference in the most recent letter from them?

Edited by IainHL
Formatting foobarred again!