• Tweets

• As I recall the only thing you tried telling us was based on a quote that you selectively edited by Lord James of Blackheath. You misrepresented it as a statement of fact when it was actually a question which was laughed at by his peers in the House of Lords.  We told you it was garbage, you asked us to prove it and we did.   Remember?
    • you need to realise that for every person that does come to CAG and register and tell their story...there are poss 10'000 that don't but search the interweb whereby threads that are here pop up relating to like issues they are searching upon.   Most CAG siteteam and many other registered Caggers give advice that bears this in mind and post information which not only informs the starter of a thread upon what to do, but also takes into consideration the readers from the interweb that also read the relevant advice given that might not be brave enough to register and fess up.   to that end, there is very little alternative than to appear to give 'grief' [you deserve it - tough] to a cagger should certain previous advice not have been followed.....yours is a very classic case of such. hey I've found a backdoor CCJ.   to put it bluntly, had you have followed such previous advice, you most certainly would not be in the situation you are in here now.. .so by example, not giving you grief, for future readers...………..   ...never ever move without informing a debt owner of a move of address on any consumer debt that you last used or paid within the last say 7yrs. your credit file is a major key to ascertaining that information.... .but don't just read this advice come to the consumeractiongroup.co.uk website and let us help.   lecture over... what can you do..or more importantly....what can a claimant do now they have a default forthwith judgement against you. well we can't guess.... they might simply ignore it as 1000's of people with CCJ's find out..but it becomes an issue should you wish to say get a mortgage, remortgage or further credit.   i'm not going to enter into any of that here...that's for the reader to start a thread here and seek advice on their individual situation specific to them as you have done....   so...  bearing the all of the above in mind...over to you with regard to this backdoor CCJ.   as for the other debts that you didn't action before...go read your old thread and action what appropriate advice is given there for each type of debt that has been given should you wish to avoid any further backdoor CCJ's.   dx                    
    • hello my very good helpful friend. I am afraid to say that i did not. As i did not realise the relevance of it.   Should i be doing this right now of anyone on my credit file ?   Plz don't give me grief if u have already advised me...   do i do the ccs request now to everybody in that thread ?    
    • aha busted and stupid ...no wonder you've got mixed information here. never trust anything they say ..they have a very bad reputation for stating the truth.   now can you go get your credit file please..   there are cases whereby a council on historic CTAX debts do go for a county court CCJ, but a liability order from a magistrates court has far more clout legally than a county court CCJ and i've never heard of a court sending a bailiff out for 'multiple' CCJ collection.   me thinks he is pulling the wool here a bit and has looked at your credit file and seen CCJ's too so thought he'd chance his arm and use those as further leverage.   don't worry about the sat visit simply ignore do not answer the door if he appears. your task is too gather data at present.   credit file please..        
  • Our picks

redjax

CABOT deceitful dirty tricks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3501 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Some time ago I sent a CCA to Cabot for my sister. It has taken a while for them to respond but they have now sent a copy of what they say is her signed agreement. Problem is, it's not her signature. It's mine from the letter I sent to them and signed in her name. I did this to make sure they couldn't copy her signature onto a form, which is exactly what they have done. What should be my next move??

Straight to the Police Station with the evidence in hand and file a complaint against them and they will be prosecuted for Fraud.

Make a copy of the letter and send it to the ICO, aswell as the OFT.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

subbing

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

I agree with Bazooka, report them to police for fraud, and send copies to OFT.

I might also be inclined to write to whoever was the original creditor and show them what illegal practices their debt collectors are undertaking.

I'm with the others re making the complaint at the Police Station but keep in mind you technically have signed your own sisters signature which inistself is questionable and may cause the Police to ask a few questions of your own actions.

Does your sister have the original credit agreement to hand with her proper signature on it etc? If not then it might be an idea to write to the original creditor requesting the original credit agreement from them direct, if it is provided and the signatures are different (which they are) you have Cabot exactly where you want them...and then some.

Cabot are slimy toads thats for sure and nothing in your post suprises me but befoe you go in guns blazing just ensure you have the right answers to give should the Police ask you some questions.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Join the club. They sent me an application form with my signature in question. Sadly for them I have the old card. I am including it in a court claim for damages I will be raising against them this year. In their desperation for money - they made a massive loss last year - they are now going too far and are out and out blatant criminals.

Join the club. They sent me an application form with my signature in question. Sadly for them I have the old card. I am including it in a court claim for damages I will be raising against them this year. In their desperation for money - they made a massive loss last year - they are now going too far and are out and out blatant criminals.

I would be extremely wary of producing the credit card as evidence as it would prove the existence of the debt. See; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/179236-tragic-case-judgement-because.html

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Guest Cartaphilus

Now, I am not naive having witnessed, experienced more than my share in life but how on Earth are these companies allowed to even consider thinking they can get away with things like this??

Thanks for the heads up Cerebus, which I am aware off, but I'm safe with this one. The card didn't start until 7 months after the date on the application form and I am not denying I had an account with the company but this isn't it.

Royds TSB did the same with me - sent me an 'agreement' with my signature cut and pasted from somewhere else. Only problem - they sent me a credit card agreement, when I've never had or used a credit card with anybody in my life.

The only thing that stopped me from going down the police station is I'm unsure which older document they've copy-pasted the details from.

I suspect it was the application form from a current account I used to have with them, being that the telephone number on the form was four years out of date.

My point is - forgery is still forgery, whether a valid debt exists/existed or not.

subbing

When you report the matter to PC Plod don't be fobbed off if the front desk officer - quite often a civilian wearing what looks like a police uniform - tries to tell you its nthing to do with them and that is a civil matter. Chasing slippery customers like Cabot is more difficult than handing out speeding tickets and it means doing a bit of work. Insist on recording the matter as a crime, get a crime number, the name of the officer dealing and the best way of contacting him/her.

And you should already have alerted the OFT about their actions. Try your "new" MP too.

Unbelievable. Are there any other oddities about the document they have sent? Is it completed by hand, for example? Do dates tally?

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

I'm with the others re making the complaint at the Police Station but keep in mind you technically have signed your own sisters signature which inistself is questionable and may cause the Police to ask a few questions of your own actions.

Does your sister have the original credit agreement to hand with her proper signature on it etc? If not then it might be an idea to write to the original creditor requesting the original credit agreement from them direct, if it is provided and the signatures are different (which they are) you have Cabot exactly where you want them...and then some.

Cabot are slimy toads thats for sure and nothing in your post suprises me but befoe you go in guns blazing just ensure you have the right answers to give should the Police ask you some questions.

I don't see any issue with signing on behalf with her sisters permission, its a letter, not a contract. Otherwise every CAG member who has used a digital signature would be "guilty" too.

imho it is eminently wise to use altered/digital signatures on anything except things like contracts when sending through the post, given the prevalence of ID fraud and post vanishing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmmm. I agree. Bit like blaming a gun salesman for a murderer's activities.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Probably not the best analogy... perhaps a bit like blaming a Lib Dem voter for a Tory government? Nah... they deserve a kicking :D

Maybe a bit like blaming Vauxhall for encouraging drunken driving. That's better.

Maybe a bit like blaming Vauxhall for encouraging drunken driving. That's better.

but they are guilty, they provide beer can holders in their cars and many have a beer cooler in the glovebox!