CABOT deceitful dirty tricks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some time ago I sent a CCA to Cabot for my sister. It has taken a while for them to respond but they have now sent a copy of what they say is her signed agreement. Problem is, it's not her signature. It's mine from the letter I sent to them and signed in her name. I did this to make sure they couldn't copy her signature onto a form, which is exactly what they have done. What should be my next move??

Straight to the Police Station with the evidence in hand and file a complaint against them and they will be prosecuted for Fraud.

Make a copy of the letter and send it to the ICO, aswell as the OFT.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I'm with the others re making the complaint at the Police Station but keep in mind you technically have signed your own sisters signature which inistself is questionable and may cause the Police to ask a few questions of your own actions.

Does your sister have the original credit agreement to hand with her proper signature on it etc? If not then it might be an idea to write to the original creditor requesting the original credit agreement from them direct, if it is provided and the signatures are different (which they are) you have Cabot exactly where you want them...and then some.

Cabot are slimy toads thats for sure and nothing in your post suprises me but befoe you go in guns blazing just ensure you have the right answers to give should the Police ask you some questions.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Join the club. They sent me an application form with my signature in question. Sadly for them I have the old card. I am including it in a court claim for damages I will be raising against them this year. In their desperation for money - they made a massive loss last year - they are now going too far and are out and out blatant criminals.

Join the club. They sent me an application form with my signature in question. Sadly for them I have the old card. I am including it in a court claim for damages I will be raising against them this year. In their desperation for money - they made a massive loss last year - they are now going too far and are out and out blatant criminals.

I would be extremely wary of producing the credit card as evidence as it would prove the existence of the debt. See; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/179236-tragic-case-judgement-because.html

Guest Cartaphilus

Now, I am not naive having witnessed, experienced more than my share in life but how on Earth are these companies allowed to even consider thinking they can get away with things like this??

Thanks for the heads up Cerebus, which I am aware off, but I'm safe with this one. The card didn't start until 7 months after the date on the application form and I am not denying I had an account with the company but this isn't it.

Royds TSB did the same with me - sent me an 'agreement' with my signature cut and pasted from somewhere else. Only problem - they sent me a credit card agreement, when I've never had or used a credit card with anybody in my life.

The only thing that stopped me from going down the police station is I'm unsure which older document they've copy-pasted the details from.

I suspect it was the application form from a current account I used to have with them, being that the telephone number on the form was four years out of date.

My point is - forgery is still forgery, whether a valid debt exists/existed or not.

When you report the matter to PC Plod don't be fobbed off if the front desk officer - quite often a civilian wearing what looks like a police uniform - tries to tell you its nthing to do with them and that is a civil matter. Chasing slippery customers like Cabot is more difficult than handing out speeding tickets and it means doing a bit of work. Insist on recording the matter as a crime, get a crime number, the name of the officer dealing and the best way of contacting him/her.

And you should already have alerted the OFT about their actions. Try your "new" MP too.

I'm with the others re making the complaint at the Police Station but keep in mind you technically have signed your own sisters signature which inistself is questionable and may cause the Police to ask a few questions of your own actions.

Does your sister have the original credit agreement to hand with her proper signature on it etc? If not then it might be an idea to write to the original creditor requesting the original credit agreement from them direct, if it is provided and the signatures are different (which they are) you have Cabot exactly where you want them...and then some.

Cabot are slimy toads thats for sure and nothing in your post suprises me but befoe you go in guns blazing just ensure you have the right answers to give should the Police ask you some questions.

I don't see any issue with signing on behalf with her sisters permission, its a letter, not a contract. Otherwise every CAG member who has used a digital signature would be "guilty" too.

imho it is eminently wise to use altered/digital signatures on anything except things like contracts when sending through the post, given the prevalence of ID fraud and post vanishing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Probably not the best analogy... perhaps a bit like blaming a Lib Dem voter for a Tory government? Nah... they deserve a kicking :D

Maybe a bit like blaming Vauxhall for encouraging drunken driving. That's better.